Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Haters
Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Bust in the NFL don;t go for 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Man...I hope you're not jinxing him. He'll probably slip on a banana peel and tear both his ACL's now.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

Seriously, I have said all along, don't be too quick to judge, root for his success and not his demise. He made our offense look potentially dangerous and it was fun to watch.

My hope is we can get a healthy Green, Boyd and Ross on the field sooner than later. We on't be Patriot good (man they look Bush and Steelers defense look bad (no AB yet) last night. Bush was getting beat all over the field, his tackles were 8 to 10 yards down field, tough night for the rookie LB on their defense.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

So exciting to see a another serious WR threat. Boyd is great but you don't fear him taking the top off. I sure hope this continues. Theoretically should only get better with AJ's return. 
Reply/Quote
Couldn't agree more, I really hope this game increases his confidence the most. If you look at the Post Game Interview, He was saying how his low confidence in the past years made it hard for him to trust himself and his route running/catching suffered from that. Although he had some drops today, he came back with a vengeance and made a more remarkable play. In the past regime (Marvin's), he would've been in the dog house/benched after dropping that pass in end of 2nd half but ZT let him out there again to redeem himself, I really hope Ross builds on this game and becomes the star he is able to be.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I hope you're not jinxing him. He'll probably slip on a banana peel and tear both his ACL's now.

Jinx?

It would not change a thing. Like I said, no bust can get 158 yards and 2 TD's in one game. He now has 9 TD's in 14 games or 11 games he started.

That is not bust by any stretch.

Let's pray all of our team stays healthy and JR can continue to grow and produce each week. I am happy for the guy who has been trashed in this forum by our so called experts who seem to relish when one of our guys struggles versus rooting for them.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I've always rooted for his success, just as I do any Bengals player. But you can't act like his performance over his time here has not been sketchy, including his drops last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've always rooted for his success, just as I do any Bengals player. But you can't act like his performance over his time here has not been sketchy, including his drops last night.

No doubt, he struggled overall. But, does that give fans the right to trash him and label him a bust (not you)? So, those who called him out and called him a bust and said cut him over Tate or anyone else, need to eat crow.

It gets real old fans attacking our players with over the top rhetoric.

Also, how many other receivers have 9 TD's their last 11 starts? That was done in spite of him struggling and making mistakes.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No doubt, he struggled overall. But, does that give fans the right to trash him and label him a bust (not you)? So, those who called him out and called him a bust and said cut him over Tate or anyone else, need to eat crow.

It gets real old fans attacking our players with over the top rhetoric.

Also, how many other receivers have 9 TD's their last 11 starts? That was done in spite of him struggling and making mistakes.

Same thing happens to Fat Randy and Dalton. Some people just won't be happy no matter what. Ross has driven me crazy, that doesn't mean I don't root for him to break out. Heck, anyone should want that.....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Same thing happens to Fat Randy and Dalton. Some people just won't be happy no matter what. Ross has driven me crazy, that doesn't mean I don't root for him to break out. Heck, anyone should want that.....

Agreed

So, they should be happy to eat crow. I think I saw Bonnie eat crow in another thread, impressive bit not surprising and I don;t recall her big basher of anything.

Reply/Quote
I was wrong, I was so sure that Mixon would have a great game today that I....wait, what's this thread about? It's hard to keep track of all the things I was wrong about.
Reply/Quote
I've never bashed Jon, loved the pick, but when he dropped the first passes, I was like damn! He stepped up big time yesterday. Even when they had 3 and 20 or something like that at the end, he caught the ball and managed to evade a few defenders when it looked like he wasn't going to get nothing.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:30 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I've never bashed Jon, loved the pick, but when he dropped the first passes, I was like damn! He stepped up big time yesterday. Even when they had 3 and 20 or something like that at the end, he caught the ball and managed to evade a few defenders when it looked like he wasn't going to get nothing.

I'll admit when he dove and popped up the first pass sent his way and it was almost picked I thought "Classic, always interesting Ross." I will say though that hearing people around here say that after he has a brutal drop you just have to go right back to him reminds me a bit too much of my time in Chicago when Bears fans would say that Rex Grossman would have a good game once he got an INT or two out of his system.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Time to step up and say you were wrong. If you ignored his 7 TD's in 2018 and ignored he was hurt a rookie and jumped to the conclusion John Ross was a bust, then time to take your medicine and eat crow.

But, I digressed.

Eat crow baby.

I'm hugely encouraged by Ross' performance and he should be a key part of the Offense this season but Jerome Simpson had 124 yards and 2TDs in one game.

(FAOD I'm not calling Ross a bust but merely questioning the bar to not be a bust).
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit when he dove and popped up the first pass sent his way and it was almost picked I thought "Classic, always interesting Ross."  I will say though that hearing people around here say that after he has a brutal drop you just have to go right back to him reminds me a bit too much of my time in Chicago when Bears fans would say that Rex Grossman would have a good game once he got an INT or two out of his system.

Hope you didn't hurt your arm on that epic reach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:38 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm hugely encouraged by Ross' performance and he should be a key part of the Offense this season but Jerome Simpson had 124 yards and 2TDs in one game.

(FAOD I'm not calling Ross a bust but merely questioning the bar to not be a bust).

It's really a question of is an individual hoping Ross will succeed or hoping to still be right in maintaining the hate for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:38 AM)McC Wrote: Hope you didn't hurt your arm on that epic reach.

How is it a reach?  Ross is the "gunslinger" version of a WR and I'm fine with that.  Every time the ball heads his way something crazy happens.  
Reply/Quote
I gotta admit , he looked like Ty Hill out there yesterday. He would have had over 200 minus the drops.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I gotta admit , he looked like Ty Hill out there yesterday.   He would have had over 200 minus the drops.

The first drop was maybe a fifteen yard pass.  And if he catches the second drop, he scores and the eventual TD catch doesn't happen.  

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: How is it a reach?  Ross is the "gunslinger" version of a WR and I'm fine with that.  Every time the ball heads his way something crazy happens.  

Sure.  Whatever you say.  John Ross and Rex Grossman are exactly the same guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:49 AM)McC Wrote: Sure.  Whatever you say.  John Ross and Rex Grossman are exactly the same guy.

I guess you're right seeing as Rex Grossman played in a SB and John Ross has had 1 good game.  
Reply/Quote