Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Interview
I study people who study me studying others who study body language.

We’re all half right.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They’re pulling a mccarron on Ross in hope of getting another year added to his deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11-08-2017, 02:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me. This is kind of a lost season anyway. Why shave a year off Ross' contract for 7-8 games in a lost season?

Of course, this is a great way to endear yourself to a player, and it would also hurt our chances next year, as it essentially becomes a rookie season for Ross where we don't know what we have.

(11-08-2017, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's what they do in baseball.

So will William Jackson be here for 6 years on his rookie deal? He was eligible to return...so I'm thinking no.

The reason they were able to do that with McCarron was that he spent his rookie season on the NFI list. The non-football injury part was the most important part of the equation, as they are arguing that he wasn't capable of playing his entire rookie year for something that wasn't related to NFL football. Thus he didn't fulfill the needed steps to log a year.

Ross has been on the roster (even inactive) the entire season. So he was never eligible for a McCarron-style situation contract-wise.

William Jackson was hurt practicing/playing football in the NFL, so it wasn't a non-football injury. Thus he went on the IR with a football injury and still accrued a year.

Cedric Ogbuehi wasn't healthy enough out of college to play his rookie season initially, so he was placed on the NFI list (college injuries aren't "football injuries" as they refer specifically to official NFL-related activities) but he was removed and activated, otherwise if he had spent his entire rookie season on the NFI list, then he would have indeed been in the same situation as McCarron contract-wise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: They’re pulling a mccarron on Ross in hope of getting another year added to his deal

Sad thing is, this almost makes sense
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 09:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sad thing is, this almost makes sense

Just to be clear, it was said tongue in cheek. But yes, it almost does

Reply/Quote