Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross Mis-Use
(12-11-2018, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Be a pro Ninja

Definitely.  You can say the same thing for half the roster right now, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Be a pro Ninja

Is he getting paid for playing? If so, then he is technically a pro.  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 11:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I have a theory shared by some others like Shake...that if Ross and Hill were swapped that Ross would be putting up huge numbers and Hill wouldn't be.

The Bengals run Ross deep a lot like AJ Green. The problem is, he's not tall enough to battle CB's for the ball and his speed doesn't equate to him being wide open.

He should be used on slants and quick passes underneath that allow him to run with the ball. He might get matched up on LB's for some of those.

He has 18 receptions for 200 yards, but 6 TD's.

Most of his TD catches are short. Which shows he can get open on short passes. Throw to him short and let him get YAC.

Line him up at RB and put him in motion so the DB's can't jam him.

Be creative!

For sure, Ross's greatest asset is his quicks, not just his speed, in and out of cuts he is almost impossible to stay with.

Lazor has been using him wrong all year and he still has 6 TD's. Shocked
Reply/Quote
Marvin lewis didn’t want him and it shows

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Definitely.  You can say the same thing for half the roster right now, though.

Amen brother.....if not more.

(12-11-2018, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is he getting paid for playing? If so, then he is technically a pro.  Smirk

Fo shizzle.... Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 06:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: Amen brother.....if not more.

Fo shizzle.... Tongue

See, I think this is where Merv confused a lot of the players. Are they supposed to grab a shovel and keep digging or be a pro??
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, and he quit on another one Sunday.  I want to root for the kid, but the more I watch, the more I want to move on.

Normally, I'd be all over the coaches.....but I really can't blame them for not trusting him at this point.

I don't think this is laziness or lack of drive on his part.   I just don't think he's that smart and doesn't get it.

I'm as frustrated as you with him, but I'd give him a lot of time (and reps) to see if it clicks.    If it ever does he has dangerous skills.

For example he has made some nice contested catches.  So I don't think he's a wimp or lazy.   I just think he doesn't really know what he's doing out there.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Definitely.  You can say the same thing for half the roster right now, though.

Yeah, but that's applied to Ross the whole two years he's been here.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 01:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Keep in mind that misuse never explains dogging it on routes, or outright quitting them. Also doesn't explain not fighting for footballs and watching them intercepted.

Far too often do mediocre/slow CBs seem to be in blanket coverage on Ross on deep routes.

Well... you’re not wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:28 PM)Okeana Wrote: Marvin lewis didn’t want him and it shows

Yes it does.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 11:27 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I have a theory shared by some others like Shake...that if Ross and Hill were swapped that Ross would be putting up huge numbers and Hill wouldn't be.

The Bengals run Ross deep a lot like AJ Green. The problem is, he's not tall enough to battle CB's for the ball and his speed doesn't equate to him being wide open.

He should be used on slants and quick passes underneath that allow him to run with the ball. He might get matched up on LB's for some of those.

He has 18 receptions for 200 yards, but 6 TD's.

Most of his TD catches are short. Which shows he can get open on short passes. Throw to him short and let him get YAC.

Line him up at RB and put him in motion so the DB's can't jam him.

Be creative!

Been saying this all year.  Then, when DBs start creeping up, that opens up a double move option.  The Bengals will likely need an entire six month offseason to install such a play. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but that's applied to Ross the whole two years he's been here.

Well, we really didn't see him get to do much of anything as a rookie.  
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: Well, we really didn't see him get to do much of anything as a rookie.  

Of course not, he was a health inactive for many games, then got injured and hung around before being put on IR.

Reply/Quote