Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross and his confidence
(01-14-2019, 12:48 PM)mon4078 Wrote: I not calling him a bust at this point, but he has a lot to prove next season. I believe that a new coaching staff might help him the most I don't think he was used right by Lazor and Marvin.

I hate the drama crowd who feel the need to label guys going as far left as possible.

He was hurt year 1. He had 7 TD's in year 2. He underperformed in catches and yards, no doubt in year 2. The man played one year and already some jumping to a bust.

I guess Boyd was a bust too in their minds prior to 2018. Boyd made a great play in game 17 in 2017 against the Ravens, but I don't recall him having 7 TD's in 2017, but maybe I am wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If we would have drafted Mahones he would still be sitting on the bench behind Andy. 

Or we could have traded Andy to Washington and be rolling with Mahommes right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hate the drama crowd who feel the need to label guys going as far left as possible.

He was hurt year 1. He had 7 TD's in year 2. He underperformed in catches and yards, no doubt in year 2. The man played one year and already some jumping to a bust.

I guess Boyd was a bust too in their minds prior to 2018. Boyd made a great play in game 17 in 2017 against the Ravens, but I don't recall him having 7 TD's in 2017, but maybe I am wrong.

To be fair, 21 receptions and 210 yards receiving for the #9 pick in the draft over 2 seasons is underwhelming.

You have to at least be able to see why people call him a bust?

Boyd had 54 receptions and 603 yards as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:15 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If Taylor becomes our HC and is as good as people say he is and evelaluates Ross....... he will probably not even have Ross as a WR. He will probably evaluate him and put him as a punt returner or in the Defense.

I don't have much faith in our old staff, but if our new offensive genius HC isn't high on Ross we are going to have a hard time deflecting blame this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To be fair, 21 receptions and 210 yards receiving for the #8 pick in the draft over 2 seasons is underwhelming.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Or we could have traded Andy to Washington and be rolling with Mahommes right now.

Based on our previous coaching staff and their undying love for AD, I doubt it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Based on our previous coaching staff and their undying love for AD, I doubt it. 

Mike Brown probably would have wanted 6 1st round picks for Dalton, anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown probably would have wanted 6 1st round picks for Dalton, anyways.

The Chiefs traded a Qb who led the NFL in Passer Rating last year for a 3rd round pick and a below average CB.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To be fair, 21 receptions and 210 yards receiving for the #9 pick in the draft over 2 seasons is underwhelming.

2 Seasons?

So we hold guys accountable for getting hurt? He played 1 season and not all of it.

Yes, I stated the yards and receptions are underwhelming. The TD's are actually impressive for a 2nd or 3rd receiver in 2018.

I don't evaluate a player based on his draft position, I do evaluate based on his cap hit. Ross does not carry a huge cap hit for a WR, not yet art least.

But yes I see those who are underwhelmed, I just hate the bust level for anyone who has technically played 1 full season in the NFL in spite of draft position.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't have much faith in our old staff, but if our new offensive genius HC isn't high on Ross we are going to have a hard time deflecting blame this time.

Man I wish I could see in the future, I could pick all future lottery numbers.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree about extending Boyd 4 years. Green is questionable due to his age. I like AJ, but to keep him we could franchise one his contract is up if he is still playing at a high level.

I also agree Ross is more a slot receiver than a #1, but a slot that cam be a #2 also.

Chad was a Bengal until he was 32. AJ would be 33 if he was extended another 2 years. Maybe he could only do 1 year vs 2, but 2 would guarantee he sticks around through Ross' full contract just in case.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:07 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: The Chiefs traded a Qb who led the NFL in Passer Rating last year for a 3rd round pick and a below average CB.

They should have pulled a McCarron style deal like we did and ask for too much and then get a comp pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Man I wish I could see in the future, I could pick all future lottery numbers.

Good point.  Why even speculate or discuss anything at all when we can't see the future.  Shut down the boards, its all pointless.

Who do you think the Bengals next HC will be? Who cares, I can't see the future. Hell, we don't even know if there will be a 2019 season. Maybe Mike Brown will sell the Bengals to me for a nickel. You can't prove he won't.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 2 Seasons?

So we hold guys accountable for getting hurt? He played 1 season and not all of it.

Yes, I stated the yards and receptions are underwhelming. The TD's are actually impressive for a 2nd or 3rd receiver in 2018.

I don't evaluate a player based on his draft position, I do evaluate based on his cap hit. Ross does not carry a huge cap hit for a WR, not yet art least.

But yes I see those who are underwhelmed, I just hate the bust level for anyone who has technically played 1 full season in the NFL in spite of draft position.

Not correct. Ross has played in 16 games. In his rookie year he was a healthy inactive for several games and did make it into 3 games as a rookie, with 1 start. He didn't go on IR until there were 4 games left in his rookie year.

Don't you remember the video he posted of himself catching passes in practice while complaining that he wasn't active for games?

He did miss training camp as a rookie because of injury, but he was far from injured all of his rookie year.

He's a second year player. Next year he'll be a third year player.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Good point.  Why even speculate or discuss anything at all when we can't see the future.  Shut down the boards, its all pointless.

Who do you think the Bengals next HC will be?  Who cares, I can't see the future. Hell, we don't even know if there will be a 2019 season.  Maybe Mike Brown will sell the Bengals to me for a nickel.  You can't prove he won't.

Relax

I simply stated it is easy to say now Mahommes was a great move (trade up and trade Smith).

Did you say this same thing prior to them doing it? Or did you wait until after he sat for a year, then came out playing like a HOF QB?

Kudos, the Chiefs made a bold move and it worked for them big time. But looking back at these type of bold moves the past 40 years, failure is higher than success.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not correct. Ross has played in 16 games. In his rookie year he was a healthy inactive for several games and did make it into 3 games as a rookie, with 1 start. He didn't go on IR until there were 4 games left in his rookie year.

Don't you remember the video he posted of himself catching passes in practice while complaining that he wasn't active for games?

He did miss training camp as a rookie because of injury, but he was far from injured all of his rookie year.

He's a second year player. Next year he'll be a third year player.

16 games over 2 years = 1 full season of on the field learning and playing in games that matter.

Yes, he is technically in year 3...………….. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chad was a Bengal until he was 32. AJ would be 33 if he was extended another 2 years. Maybe he could only do 1 year vs 2, but 2 would guarantee he sticks around through Ross' full contract just in case.

I do not believe AJ's replacement is on the team as he hasn't been drafted yet.

Ross will either show up or he won't. So far he hasn't come close to his draft position or contract. He gets two years with new coaches to work it out.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chad was a Bengal until he was 32. AJ would be 33 if he was extended another 2 years. Maybe he could only do 1 year vs 2, but 2 would guarantee he sticks around through Ross' full contract just in case.

I understand, but it is risky to sign a WR like Green who let's be real, has injury issues.

That is why I say make him prove he can play 16 game seasons, then franchise him or extend him then.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 16 games over 2 years = 1 full season of on the field learning and playing in games that matter.

Yes, he is technically in year 3...………….. Hilarious

I won't give a guy a pass because he couldn't make the active day roster due to how the coaches feel he's doing in practice.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 02:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand, but it is risky to sign a WR like Green who let's be real, has injury issues.

That is why I say make him prove he can play 16 game seasons, then franchise him or extend him then.

I wasn't meaning to imply he should get an extension this offseason, it could come next January before the league year ends. Or franchise tag as you said.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote