Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross finally does something for us....
(11-06-2021, 11:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

IF Ross qualifies he'll be easily cancelled out by:
Hendrickson
ot
Ogunjobi
or
Awuzie
or
Hilton
or
ect....

This is the way I thought it worked also.

I don't see us having a chance of getting any comp picks after all the free agents we signed.

We lost two big ones in Lawson adn Jackson, but we signed more than we lost.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 02:11 AM)Tony Wrote: How dumb do all of the, "Chase is John Ross "people feel now??

To be fair, Chase was pulling some John Ross playing during pre-season games if we go by completions alone.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How weird is it to see a team with that many injuried WRs and John Ross isn't one of the injured guys... it's like he spread his glass-itis to the entire team.

They hardly ever target him.  It is like the Marvin play-book:  "Hey, John, run a 9 every play...hopefully, someone is dumb enough to chase you and you open things up for Boyd"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ehh..I never had anything against Ross..Probably a nice young man, but as a WR? ehhh..The equivalent of wiping your butt with a corn cobb as opposed to soft toilet paper I suppose
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 12:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They hardly ever target him.  It is like the Marvin play-book:  "Hey, John, run a 9 every play...hopefully, someone is dumb enough to chase you and you open things up for Boyd"

True but even here, the dude would get hurt in practice. I'm just amazed he has been available. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2021, 02:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ngl, I was HUGE on drafting Ross, and that was a big reason I didn't want Chase.

It was one of the few times I wanted a WR in round 1, and it kinda spooked me.

It wasn't the entire reason I wanted Sewell instead, but it played a part.

Boy was I ever 0-2.

Interesting. I didn't want Ross and was happy with the Chase pick, but would have been happy with LT as well. Chase has been better than I expected.

I didn't want Ross due to injury history and I felt the Pac 12 defenses were so bad back then (and they were) that Ross didn't have to run precise routes to be open.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 01:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ross to the IR in 3, 2, 1....

He's already been there this season...
Reply/Quote