Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross hurt again; Eifert sidelined
Is anybody really surprised? If you are where have you been?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasted pick? Talk about an overreaction. For the record I wasn't crazy about the pick, but more because I thought we had bigger needs than WR, not injury concerns. But I've now seen it suggested Mixon could be a bust because of his first game, and Ross could be a wasted pick. Can we give it just a wee bit more time to make that call?

No, they can't wait.

People want the whole team to burn. Some deserve the criticism (Mike, Marv, Paul A, Eifert, etc etc) and some don't. 

Besides, a lot of people hated the Ross pick because they wanted someone else, and they want their offseason of whining to be justified.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wasted pick? Talk about an overreaction. For the record I wasn't crazy about the pick, but more because I thought we had bigger needs than WR, not injury concerns. But I've now seen it suggested Mixon could be a bust because of his first game, and Ross could be a wasted pick. Can we give it just a wee bit more time to make that call?

No.  Waiting is for suckers.  Overreaction is every football fan's God given right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 12:25 PM)McC Wrote: No.  Waiting is for suckers.  Overreaction is every football fan's God given right.

We've said that next year would be our year...for 26 years.
Reply/Quote
Is Ross playing tomorrow?

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 10:30 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Is anybody really surprised? If you are where have you been?

I'm not surprised at all. Ross came in injured and has an injury history. Our front office tries to prove itself right by making same mistake again and with that remark I'm referring to the Ogbuehi pick.

(09-23-2017, 12:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, they can't wait.

People want the whole team to burn. Some deserve the criticism (Mike, Marv, Paul A, Eifert, etc etc) and some don't. 

Besides, a lot of people hated the Ross pick because they wanted someone else, and they want their offseason of whining to be justified.

I kind of have to agree. There is plenty to criticize on a team that starts out as flat as the Bengals have. Ross, as player isn't the one to criticize though. He didn't select himself with a top 10 pick, the front office and coaches did.

I think many people didn't like the Ross pick simply because it was a risky pick and with a top 10 selection you really gotta go with the best player available and many just didn't see Ross as that guy. I sure didn't. I would have been happier with any number of top defensive players who were available.

I know the team was able to grab some good defensive talent later in the draft and, if they hadn't been able to do that I assure you that more people would be unhappy with the Ross selection.

But the draft is done and it's way, way too early to call him a wasted pick.

If Eifert can't stay healthy we can count on Mike Brown giving him a low ball offer or no offer at all come the off season. Either way he's likely gone after this season.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 08:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is Ross playing tomorrow?

Nope
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2017, 08:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm not surprised at all. Ross came in injured and has an injury history. Our front office tries to prove itself right by making same mistake again and with that remark I'm referring to the Ogbuehi pick.

I kind of have to agree. There is plenty to criticize on a team that starts out as flat as the Bengals have. Ross, as player isn't the one to criticize though. He didn't select himself with a top 10 pick, the front office and coaches did.

I think many people didn't like the Ross pick simply because it was a risky pick and with a top 10 selection you really gotta go with the best player available and many just didn't see Ross as that guy. I sure didn't. I would have been happier with any number of top defensive players who were available.

I know the team was able to grab some good defensive talent later in the draft and, if they hadn't been able to do that I assure you that more people would be unhappy with the Ross selection.

But the draft is done and it's way, way too early to call him a wasted pick.

If Eifert can't stay healthy we can count on Mike Brown giving him a low ball offer or no offer at all come the off season. Either way he's likely gone after this season.

That's mainly what I'm driving at. I understand people being frustrated that this team needed immediate help, and so far Ross has been unable to provide that. Calling him a wasted pick or judging his career after 3 weeks though? C'mon now. This kid might have a great career for all we know. I feel some people are throwing all their built up frustration with the team at some guys that don't deserve it yet. It's not Ross' fault that this team couldn't win a playoff game and is now falling apart.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I heard Ross will get another MRI? Any updates on this? Seems as if it was a significant Knee issue it should have been found with the initial MRI. Just curious of any updates

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 01:21 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I heard Ross will get another MRI?  Any updates on this?  Seems as if it was a significant Knee issue it should have been found with the initial MRI.  Just curious of any updates

That's kind of scary to hear.
Reply/Quote