Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross-illness
He just put this out on Twitter:

“It’s not a secret that i have requested a trade. Trade me if this how y’all feel. I’m healthy and eager to play. I know I can be productive. It’s hard to love something when your not actually participating in it. Believe me, its not football that i don’t like.”
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 04:49 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't think it matters if he's sick, healthy, sad, irritated or has his head stuck up his ass, he'd be inactive this weekend anyways.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He just went after this guy on Twitter.
Reply/Quote
[Image: this-is-fine.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He just put this out on Twitter:

“It’s not a secret that i have requested a trade. Trade me if this how y’all feel. I’m healthy and eager to play. I know I can be productive. It’s hard to love something when your not actually participating in it. Believe me, its not football that i don’t like.”

Another coaching success.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Being as JR was a former 1st Rounder can we get any Compensation for him if someone signs him in FA? 

The short answer is yes but the round of the compensatory pick is uncertain.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Is he reiterating it here, or is this the first time he's flat-out said he wants a trade? I thought he already said he wanted out.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 05:24 PM)thillan Wrote: He just went after this guy on Twitter.

The tweet is now gone. Glad I copied it! I does have a ring of truth in it.

Reply/Quote
He must've deleted it.

The link goes to twitter, but it doesn't go to any tweet.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is he reiterating it here, or is this the first time he's flat-out said he wants a trade?  I thought he already said he wanted out.

I think this is the first time he has actually said it. Originally, it was his agent IIRC. This is supposedly coming from Ross himself, but the tweet is deleted.

Out of all the picks that didn't work out, this one bums me out the most. He was just electric in college and having him be productive would do wonders for this offense with Boyd and Higgins coming on. He has just never figured it out. Unfortunately, I don't think Cincinnati will get anything for him and he will just ride the bench the rest of the year only to be released. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think this is the first time he has actually said it. Originally, it was his agent IIRC. This is supposedly coming from Ross himself, but the tweet is deleted.

Out of all the picks that didn't work out, this one bums me out the most. He was just electric in college and having him be productive would do wonders for this offense with Boyd and Higgins coming on. He has just never figured it out. Unfortunately, I don't think Cincinnati will get anything for him and he will just ride the bench the rest of the year only to be released.

I can't imagine there's much interest in him ? Not at any real value to us anyways.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think this is the first time he has actually said it. Originally, it was his agent IIRC. This is supposedly coming from Ross himself, but the tweet is deleted.

Nor have we done a good job of utilizing what he does well.

He could be running jet sweeps instead of Boyd, and regularly putting him in motion to hold a defense honest about defending the sweep or quick screen.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nor have we done a good job of utilizing what he does well.

He could be running jet sweeps instead of Boyd, and regularly putting him in motion to hold a defense honest about defending the sweep or quick screen.

Yep. Even with his limitations, we should be able to do something with the fastest guy in the league. 15 snaps a game. Something.

Drags. Crossing routes. Something.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nor have we done a good job of utilizing what he does well.

Agreed. Been saying this for months. Ross is not a down the field receiver every play. He's the perfect gadget play guy with plays designed to just get the ball in his hands. Occasionally, you let him take the top off the defense just to keep the back 7 honest...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
[Image: 704.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ross has worked with three different OCs and 2 different head coaches.

No offense to all you guys here who are smarter than NFL coaches, but it is really hard for me to believe that the problem with Ross is just coaches not knowing how to use him.
Reply/Quote
Already posted here: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-John-Ross-illness?page=2
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 06:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He must've deleted it.

The link goes to twitter, but it doesn't go to any tweet.

He had to delete it. He said he was healthy but faking an illness to not practice. That opens him up to fines.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If Ross hadn’t been an early first round pick,he would have been gone a long time ago.
Reply/Quote
LMAO, John I loved when we drafted you and had hopes you would get it, but you didn't. Blame the coaches all you want (apparently it's kosher for players to not accept any responsibility) but they weren't the ones running wrong routes or just flat out dropping passes.....
Reply/Quote