Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross is a traitor
Idk, seems more like fraternizing with the enemy, to me. I mean, I get that many players from different teams train together in the offseason, but this is a bit different. This seems like more a situation of two West Coast Thugs hooking up for a reunion tour.

Neither one is likely happy to be playing for AFCN teams, where it gets cold. Both likely would have preferred to have been selected by West Coast, Florida, or other Major Market teams. Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the Ross pick to begin with, and he's not done much to change my opinion thus far. Maybe if he focuses on learning what he needs to know, and how to hold onto the football, he might get some playing time and make a difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chad Johnson and Antonio Brown work(ed) out together and I had no problem with it, so this means nothing to me. WTS, I'm not sure it would mean nothing to me if I were Vontaze.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Who is this John Ross person the OP speaks of ?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   This seems like more a situation of two West Coast Thugs hooking up for a reunion tour.  

It wasn't just the two of them, there were 4 or 5 West Coast receivers working out together, since they are all in the same area. Nothing to see here folks, move along.....
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad Johnson and Antonio Brown work(ed) out together and I had no problem with it, so this means nothing to me. WTS, I'm not sure it would mean nothing to me if I were Vontaze.

Antonio Brown's only offense against the Bengals is taking a few punts back for TDs.....

JUJU on the beat is a bit different don't cha think?
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Taz told Ross to tell JiJi he is coming for him.....
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 11:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is all very accurate, but if it was me (and I know I am a universe away from that skill level of athleticism to be a top-notch NFL player) I wouldn't like it.  I would have to restrain myself from commenting to my teammate, but I wouldn't like it. 

If I were Tez, I likely wouldn't say anything. I just wouldn't speak to Ross, and I might light him up in practice once.

(04-02-2018, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad Johnson and Antonio Brown work(ed) out together and I had no problem with it, so this means nothing to me. WTS, I'm not sure it would mean nothing to me if I were Vontaze.

Wasn't that after Chad retired though? Or at least when he wasn't a Bengal? That said, I know some of our guys have been friendly with the enemy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If I were Tez, I likely wouldn't say anything. I just wouldn't speak to Ross, and I might light him up in practice once.

Wasn't that after Chad retired though? Or at least when he wasn't a Bengal? That said, I know some of our guys have been friendly with the enemy.

Then Burfict should be cut for intentionally trying to hurt another teammate.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Idk, seems more like fraternizing with the enemy, to me.  I mean, I get that many players from different teams train together in the offseason, but this is a bit different.  This seems like more a situation of two West Coast Thugs hooking up for a reunion tour.  

Neither one is likely happy to be playing for AFCN teams, where it gets cold.  Both likely would have preferred to have been selected by West Coast, Florida, or other Major Market teams.  Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of the Ross pick to begin with, and he's not done much to change my opinion thus far.  Maybe if he focuses on learning what he needs to know, and how to hold onto the football, he might get some playing time and make a difference.

What about them is 'thug' like?

And how do you know what they would have preferred and not preferred?
And "holding onto the ball" on a perfect hit. 10/10 players fumble that ball
Maybe if Marvin, you know, actually started people other than veterans we would be in a different spot.

Heck, Marvin is over here talking about putting Lawson at LB next year on plays. Which is beyond stupid.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:48 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Antonio Brown's only offense against the Bengals is taking a few punts back for TDs.....

JUJU on the beat is a bit different don't cha think?

Actually AB was the one yelling Karma when Burfict got concussed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 05:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: What about them is 'thug' like?

Maybe if Marvin, you know, actually started people other than veterans we would be in a different spot.

Heck, Marvin is over here talking about putting Lawson at LB next year on plays. Which is beyond stupid.

Pretty sure Mixon started some games and others got their fair share of time. 

Wish somebody would come out and explain the Ross situation actually. 

Hated the pick per much bigger needs. But after it was made would like to know why he barely saw the field ? 

Could not have just been the fumble which was early in the game and play worked perfectly except fumble. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 05:58 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote:
What about them is 'thug' like?

Well, they're for sure not East Coast Gangstas.   Mellow

Seriously, I didn't mean to upset you.  However, you do seem awfully defensive of a guy that barely made the field, and likes to pal around with a guy that took out one of our players in a thug like fashion.  i.e. "an orchestrated hit"

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 05:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Then Burfict should be cut for intentionally trying to hurt another teammate.

Summer practice always gets chippy anyway, but I wasn't saying injure the guy. Just a little message shot.

I'm a Ross fan myself, but I can't be mad at Burfict if he takes offense to Ross chillaxing with his current nemesis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 07:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Summer practice always gets chippy anyway, but I wasn't saying injure the guy. Just a little message shot.

I'm a Ross fan myself, but I can't be mad at Burfict if he takes offense to Ross chillaxing with his current nemesis.

I laughably agree with you on this. He at the very least needs to pull a huge prank on the guy. Ross isnt a traitor, he just wants to get better and he's a kid. No reason to treat the NFL like a gang society and think old teammates or friends now have to be enemies because they wear different colors.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 06:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pretty sure Mixon started some games and others got their fair share of time. 

Wish somebody would come out and explain the Ross situation actually. 

Hated the pick per much bigger needs. But after it was made would like to know why he barely saw the field ? 

Could not have just been the fumble which was early in the game and play worked perfectly except fumble. 

Mixon started 7 games. He didn't start a game until Jeremy Hill was out for the year.

WJIII started in 5 games. Lawson started in 1 game.

Only one player drafted in the last two years started more than 8 games last year.

Granted, it's a little different when you go into snap percentages. But no one on offense drafted in the last 2 years has gotten 40% of snaps on offense, all are below.

Defense is different, as WJIII got 60% snaps, which is needed. But everyone else on defense drafted in the last 2 years is below 42%

There was a major difference when the team started to play their younger players towards the end of the season. For instance, Tyler Boyd was used in the last two games and was a major part in both wins. The Bengals played Westerman finally in the final 2 games.
The Bengals offense had 2 of their top 3 showings on offense in those final 2 games when it comes to yardage, top 4 when it comes to points.

Reply/Quote
Boyd was injured, was he not?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 07:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Disgusting,  

I hate all this friendly stuff between players.   Trading jerseys, working out, it’s all bs.  

Bring back the old days of hatred and violence.

There is a reason you don’t see Tez doing this crap..... he gets it

I do agree that i like that Burfict hates the Stealers as much as i do.

That is nice.

But i cannot expect every Bengal to hate them like him and i do lol

(04-02-2018, 07:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I won’t even connect through Pittsburgh while flying.  

If I don’t respect the hate of that town how can I expect the players.

I hate the cheating and the bandwagon fans. Never been to Pitt, thank God.

There is something deeper though that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do agree that i like that Burfict hates the Stealers as much as i do.

That is nice.

But i cannot expect every Bengal to hate them like him and i do lol

I hate the cheating and the bandwagon fans. Never been to Pitt, thank God.

There is something deeper though that is for sure.

I remember Dre saying there was no way he was signing with Pittsburgh. His play annoys me at times but I respect his hate.
Reply/Quote
i'm ok w/ it I guess.....?
as long as no photos surface on TMZ where they're sharing 1 milk shake but have 2 straws in it sucking away.....!!!!

hahahaha....
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2018, 08:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I remember Dre saying there was no way he was signing with Pittsburgh.  His play annoys me at times but I respect his hate.

Yeah, gotta respect that even if he can be flambouyant penalty machine at times.

Do respect the Bengal players more that hate the Steelers that is for sure.
Reply/Quote