Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross-retires
6 years after being picked in the 1st round by the Bengals, John Ross has announced his retirement at age 27.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Seems like a long time ago, somehow? I can remember having high hopes for the speedster. I think in the end he just wasn't much of a football player. He isn't the first fast one that just never could really apply the speed on the football field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope retirement treats him well. I can’t believe it has been six years already. Wish it would have worked out better for him.
Reply/Quote
67 receptions, 11 TDs in 37 games.
I had high hopes for him, but it couldn't have gone worse for him.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 08:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: 67 receptions, 11 TDs in 37 games.
I had high hopes for him, but it couldn't have gone worse for him.

Is that career stats?

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 08:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is that career stats?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RossJo00.htm

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I had people BIG MAD at me over John Ross. I hated the pick and hated the excuses made about him. I really wish I would have been wrong about him. I do. Was just too much, but that was a time ago. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I really wish we could've seen what he was like if Marvin actually supported him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was big on Ross even after his 1st year. Sad the dude never put it all together. Hopefully things go well for him.
Reply/Quote
He didn't accomplish much, but he did manage to earn more in a brief NFL career than most will earn in a lifetime.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 08:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He didn't accomplish much, but he did manage to earn more in a brief NFL career than most will earn in a lifetime.

For sure

And you know technically he's still a rookie.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 01:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really wish we could've seen what he was like if Marvin actually supported him.

That's key. Marvin ruined that kids confidence. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 06:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Seems like a long time ago, somehow? I can remember having high hopes for the speedster. I think in the end he just wasn't much of a football player. He isn't the first fast one that just never could really apply the speed on the football field.

Yeah, I backed him up his entire time here hoping for him to finally show up, he never helped me out. Have a good retirement JR. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2023, 09:52 PM)Destro Wrote: I had people BIG MAD at me over John Ross. I hated the pick and hated the excuses made about him. I really wish I would have been wrong about him. I do. Was just too much, but that was a time ago. Good luck to him in his future endeavors.

You were correct Destro, and I was wrong and a big Ross supporter. Like Bengal Dude said, Marv certainly didn't help who had no 
confidence in him and no trust in him after his first fumble on a reverse that went for good yardage. Just couldn't get the bad things 
out of his head and play fearless. Too bad, he had the physical tools, but he also couldn't stay healthy either.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You were correct Destro, and I was wrong and a big Ross supporter. Like Bengal Dude said, Marv certainly didn't help who had no 
confidence in him and no trust in him after his first fumble on a reverse that went for good yardage. Just couldn't get the bad things 
out of his head and play fearless. Too bad, he had the physical tools, but he also couldn't stay healthy either.

Kinda never had a chance if your coach e Chris you after a drop.

I thought we had one after that big TD he had where he shook two dudes.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 09:15 PM)Housh Wrote: Kinda never had a chance if your coach e Chris you after a drop.

I thought we had one after that big TD he had where he shook two dudes.

Yeah, he showed a bit of that talent on that big TD, but it doesn't matter if you drop balls or are a ball security issue and the coaches
and even yourself cannot be trusted to run the correct routes.
Reply/Quote
Ugh, just another bad draft pick, From 13-19.

Eifert - out of league (injuries, two teams, one prowl)
Dennard- out of league (6 teams)
Cedric O - Miami dolphins (8 teams!!)
William Jackson - Steelers (3 teams)
John Ross - out of league (3 teams)
Billy price - saints (5 teams)
Jonah Williams - bengals (injuries)

7 first round picks
46 total seasons played
28 different teams (average 4 teams per player)
1 pro bowl
3 players no longer play in the NFL

A historically bad run.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 01:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Ugh, just another bad draft pick,  From 13-19.

7 first round picks
46 total seasons played
1 pro bowl

A historically bad run.

Thankfully we have been drafting good lately and using FA very well. This is how you build a great team.

The only REALLY bad picks in the Taylor era are Finley and Drew Sample and Drew is still around and might help the team this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 01:21 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Ugh, just another bad draft pick,  From 13-19.

7 first round picks
46 total seasons played
1 pro bowl

A historically bad run.

this is what ended our run.... though 2nd round we did well outside of Fisher and Sample.  that 2015 draft when we need to hit to replenish a good team was just terrible. 
Reply/Quote

7 first round picks
46 total seasons played
1 pro bowl

A historically bad run.

Billy Price is out of the league.  The Saints released him in late July

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote