Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross to IR
Title. Shoulder injury is serious enough to take him out for (at least) 8 weeks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 02:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Title. Shoulder injury is serious enough to take him out for (at least) 8 weeks.

He didn't injure the shoulder.  He injured the sternoclavicular joint.  That is where the collar bone meets the sternum.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Another stellar season from Ross.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:00 PM)pally Wrote: He didn't injure the shoulder.  He injured the sternoclavicular joint.  That is where the collar bone meets the sternum.

The neck bone's connected to the shoulder bone
The shoulder bone's connected to the arm bone

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The neck bone's connected to the shoulder bone
The shoulder bone's connected to the arm bone

Mellow

well they will be once they fix him up
Reply/Quote
Called it in the Gameday thread when he went down. The guy is too fragile to play in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:00 PM)pally Wrote: He didn't injure the shoulder.  He injured the sternoclavicular joint.  That is where the collar bone meets the sternum.

Ok. Well the ESPN article is titled "Cincinnati Bengals put WR John Ross on IR with shoulder injury" and said, "The Bengals said the injury was to the sternoclavicular joint in Ross' right shoulder." So that's still a shoulder injury to me lol
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27752601/cincinnati-bengals-put-wr-john-ross-ir-shoulder-injury
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Called it in the Gameday thread when he went down. The guy is too fragile to play in the NFL.

Giovani is too. No more screen passes for him. Seems worthless on our team right now as they use him.
Reply/Quote
It's not Ross's fault he's on the IR
He made a great catch on another errant throw by Dalton
The way he landed would put a lot of WRs his size on the IR.
In any event this offense just got worse.
Unless Stanley Morgan plays like Stanley Morgan
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Giovani is too. No more screen passes for him. Seems worthless on our team right now as they use him.

Actually only really remember seeing Gio get hurt when he's blown up on blatantly telegraphed passing plays to the flats. Nobody should be hung out to dry as often as Gio is. 

The actual act of running itself doesn't seem to be much of a problem injury-wise. Mixon actually seems to have more problem with that.

The thinking about badly telegraphed passes to Gio in the flats made me realize something, though. When is the last time you saw Gio catch a ball in the middle of the field either on a shovel pass or just him crossing the middle shallow? Seems a waste of his skill. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

As for Ross' injury, I was pretty sure the "couple weeks" was going to be a whole lot more when I realized that it was the same medical staff that said AJ Green would miss 0-1 regular season games and now it's looking like he won't be back until Week 7 at earliest.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This offense is very quickly becoming like the one the Bengals rolled out against the Colts a few years ago in the playoff game.
In that game, the Bengals had no one to stretch the field. No AJ, no Jones, and no Eifert. The Colts just stacked the line and the passing game only put out 155 yards.
Now, they have no Ross and no AJ, plus they don't use Eifert enough as a receiver.
Whether you believed in Ross or not, there's no doubt his injury makes this offense worse.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually only really remember seeing Gio get hurt when he's blown up on blatantly telegraphed passing plays to the flats. Nobody should be hung out to dry as often as Gio is. 

The actual act of running itself doesn't seem to be much of a problem injury-wise. Mixon actually seems to have more problem with that.

The thinking about badly telegraphed passes to Gio in the flats made me realize something, though. When is the last time you saw Gio catch a ball in the middle of the field either on a shovel pass or just him crossing the middle shallow? Seems a waste of his skill. 

Right, we never get Gio in the middle of the field. No idea why. Steelers did it over and over with their "fast" guys.

Are we trying to lose?
Reply/Quote
They're going to look at AB I predict. It's a MB move.
Reply/Quote
Bad news about Ross but I'm excited about Stanley Morgan getting a chance.
Reply/Quote
I hope everyone ate their fill of John Ross Crow after game 1.
Reply/Quote
season lost anyway who cares. Glad I traded Mixon, Dalton, Eifert today in my fantasy league. Only Bengal I have left is Boyd
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:01 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Another stellar season from Ross.

Actually he was doing pretty well.   And I'm impressed he held on to the ball after getting injured.

The guy is definitely fragile, and was probably a very poor decision in the war room, but I've been impressed with his improvement.    I'm just sorry he only made it to the 4th game.

Gonna be a long season.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ok. Well the ESPN article is titled "Cincinnati Bengals put WR John Ross on IR with shoulder injury" and said, "The Bengals said the injury was to the sternoclavicular joint in Ross' right shoulder." So that's still a shoulder injury to me lol
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27752601/cincinnati-bengals-put-wr-john-ross-ir-shoulder-injury

I think there is probably some confusion as to what is being reported. The sternoclavicular joint is where your collar bone meets your sternum. That’s really more of a chest wall injury and not as common as an acromioclavicular injury. The AC joint is where your collar bone meets your shoulder. When Ross was tackled his arm was pinned under him to his side and the combined weight of Ross and the defender landed on Ross’ shoulder. It’s a pretty classic mechanism of injury for shoulder separation or AC joint separation. You could damage the SC joint instead of the AC joint, but it just doesn’t happen as often.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Actually only really remember seeing Gio get hurt when he's blown up on blatantly telegraphed passing plays to the flats. Nobody should be hung out to dry as often as Gio is. 

- - - - - - - - - - - -

As for Ross' injury, I was pretty sure the "couple weeks" was going to be a whole lot more when I realized that it was the same medical staff that said AJ Green would miss 0-1 regular season games and now it's looking like he won't be back until Week 7 at earliest.

Great video of TJ getting rocked then keeping his feet inbounds and getting the TD.
We forget just how awesome those 3 were with Palmer
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They're going to look at AB I predict. It's a MB move.

At this point I would take him. He couldn’t possibly make the Bengals any worse than they already are.
Reply/Quote