Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross to IR
(10-02-2019, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's actually Jermaine Gresham catching a TD from Andy Dalton in 2013.

ThumbsUp 

Wow time flies

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Great video of TJ getting rocked then keeping his feet inbounds and getting the TD.
We forget just how awesome those 3 were with Palmer

That's Dalton to Gresham, holmes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Was having such a good rookie year.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Morgan will shine since he wasn't a first round pick..OK..CFA, BUT they gotta hit on one practice squad WR eventually..The eventuality may not occur until we're all dead and gone, but someday it might happen.. Maybe after the curse of Mike Brown is finally over..Who knows?  In the meantime I'll root for Morgan. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think there is probably some confusion as to what is being reported. The sternoclavicular joint is where your collar bone meets your sternum. That’s really more of a chest wall injury and not as common as an acromioclavicular injury. The AC joint is where your collar bone meets your shoulder. When Ross was tackled his arm was pinned under him to his side and the combined weight of Ross and the defender landed on Ross’ shoulder. It’s a pretty classic mechanism of injury for shoulder separation or AC joint separation. You could damage the SC joint instead of the AC joint, but it just doesn’t happen as often.

are you some sort of doctor or somethin
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is a good question.  I do not understand why they do not use 2 TE sets.  God knows the Line needs help.  

Because the offensive staff doesn't have a good idea on how to use a TE effectively.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It's not Ross's fault he's on the IR
He made a great catch on another errant throw by Dalton
The way he landed would put a lot of WRs his size on the IR.
In any event this offense just got worse.
Unless Stanley Morgan plays like Stanley Morgan

Chad Johnson was more durable considering the hits and falls he took. He was a beast even though he was physically "skinnier".
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 10:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Chad Johnson was more durable considering the hits and falls he took. He was a beast even though he was physically "skinnier".

Right.
John Ross doesn't have size on his side, but there are plenty of CBs who are smaller than him, so it's not like he's the smallest guy on the field.
Ross's style of play is what leads him to being less durable.
The faster you go, the more you try to make the acrobatic catches, and the more you try to do after the catch, the more likely you are to get injured.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just heard Tyler Eifert call John Ross soft

Well the good thing is: Now next year will be his Rookie Year

He's played 20 games. He's longer ever able to be considered a rookie.

He's a sophomore  Smirk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 04:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Great video of TJ getting rocked then keeping his feet inbounds and getting the TD.
We forget just how awesome those 3 were with Palmer

lets not forget it took TJ a while to become awesome..
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lets not forget it took TJ a while to become awesome..

True, but the idea that we are comparing Ross to a guy who was taken 204th overall is not a great sign.
Reply/Quote
Put John Ross in NE or KC offenses and tell me how he would fare.
Remind me again who is actually playing well in this,offense through
4 games other than Hopkins and Tate to a degree.
For a offense to get the most out of its skill position players
Others need to play at a high level
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but the idea that we are comparing Ross to a guy who was taken 204th overall is not a great sign.

No but also took Sanu and Jones till year 3 to really shine.

(wasn't a huge fan of the ross pick seemed like a Al Davis style pick to me)    But most WRs do take a few years to really get going.  Missing year 1 and now most of 3   wont help his developement
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 03:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Right, we never get Gio in the middle of the field. No idea why. Steelers did it over and over with their "fast" guys.

Are we trying to lose?

Mikey and crew lose by trying to win. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, but the idea that we are comparing Ross to a guy who was taken 204th overall is not a great sign.

That's comparing him to a pro-bowler.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:24 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: That's comparing him to a pro-bowler.

Yes, a guy who was taken 204th overall and took some time to get to pro bowl status.  A guy who is taken with the 9th overall pick should be a pro bowler sooner than a guy taken with a pick that is normally reserved for training camp bodies.  If people didn't expect Ross to produce until year 4 we wouldn't have heard so many people blaming Marvin/Lazor/Dalton for Ross not producing in years 1-3.
Reply/Quote
we playing the cardinals? Somebody get Jerome Simpson in here ASAP
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Put John Ross in NE or KC offenses and tell me how he would fare.

But, but, but, but I thought it was the non-offensive minded Marvin who was holding him back.

Ross would get injured just as much for any other team I'd guess. By the time he's eligible to come off IR he'll have played in 45.5% of the team's games. That's if he even comes back this season.

Taylor just isn't getting it done, which is something we can agree on. It's like he brought the Rams' game plan for Seattle with him (you know they play each other twice a year) and prepared all off-season with that game plan to start the season off and he's been stumped ever since.

Reply/Quote
So many people wanting to declare every pick a bust but for some reason they're still holding out hope for this guy who can't run a route, catch the ball, or hang on to it without hurting himself. Confused
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Put John Ross in NE or KC offenses and tell me how he would fare.

I'm sure the best teams in the NFL are just dying to build around an oft injured WR who has played one good game in 3 seasons. 
Reply/Quote