Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross wants to be traded
(10-20-2020, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: John Ross, who cares. He's a Wide Receiver who can not catch or run the right route.

[Image: c603f724adae245d3232976ae8d65660.jpg]

^This^
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he wants a trade, trade him or cut him. They aren't doing themselves any favors by keeping malcontents around. Taylor likely won't be fired after this year and all these guys will do is divide the locker room. Ross, Green, Tate, Dunlap, Geno, Williams, Phillips, etc. Fire sale time.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:58 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Gresham - gone
Green - last year of contract
Zeitler - gone
Kirkpatrick - gone
Eifert - gone
Dennard - gone
Ogbuehi - gone (and bust)
Jackson III - last year of contract
Ross - bust
Price - bust
Williams - rookie season
Burrow - rookie season

Clutch decade, Tobin.

What is with people's horrible takes today?

Gresh: Was with us for 5 seasons, made 2 PBs, did **** all once he left us.
AJ: Made 7 PBs and was easily a top 5-10 WR his entire tenure here (last 2 years, notwithstanding).
Zeitler: Was with us for 5 seasons and was a top 5 RG for each one.
Dre: Was with us for 8 seasons and gave us solid numbers and play for 4 of them, 3 lost to injury.
Eifert/Dennard: Gave us many solid years and Eifert was the best receiving TE in the league, in '15.
WJax: Still playing at a high level

I mean, criticize all you want in the 2015, 2017 and 2018 drafts (especially the 1st round) but this was not a terrible decade for drafting. Some good, some bad, some mediocre.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What is with people's horrible takes today?

AJ: Made 7 PBs and was easily a top 5-10 WR his entire tenure here (last 2 years, notwithstanding).
Dre: Was with us for 8 seasons and gave us solid numbers and play for 4 of them, 3 lost to injury.
Eifert/Dennard: Gave us many solid years and Eifert was the best receiving TE in the league, in '15.

I mean, criticize all you want in the 2015, 2017 and 2018 drafts (especially the 1st round) but this was not a terrible decade for drafting. Some good, some bad, some mediocre.

Notice he left out some of the successes, then made it like a player being in the last year of a contract is Tobins fault.
Reply/Quote
Ross is basically taking the stance of "use me or lose me," as he should.
Basically, if he isn't going to get used other than due to injuries, he's going to leave in FA if not traded.
The best the Bengals can do at that point is hope for a comp pick, but comp picks are not always guaranteed.

So as such, I agree he should be traded if possible. Let Stanley Morgan or Scotty Washington take his roster spot at that point.
If they can nab even a 5th round pick for him in a trade, that's probably going to be higher than whatever they would net as a 2022 comp pick (if anything) from him leaving in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What is with people's horrible takes today?

Ogbuehi, Ross and Price are essentially busts, and how many of these guys signed second contracts with the team?  AJ and Kirkpatrick and Eifert?  You want to hold on to your first-round picks if they pan out, don't you?

That's essentially what I was getting out.  The last decade of draft picks was largely made up of busts or guys who left after their rookie deals were up.  Or maybe that's to be expected?  I dunno (and I don't mean that facetiously).
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We should probably trade him but I'm bummed we never gave him a chance with Burrow. He had 1 game where the ball didn't even come his way and then he was benched; for who? Auden Tate & Mike Thomas who, in turn, have also provided practically no value. I don't think I've ever seen Tate create separation and I wouldn't ever expect it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:41 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: We should probably trade him but I'm bummed we never gave him a chance with Burrow. He had 1 game where the ball didn't even come his way and then he was benched; for who? Auden Tate & Mike Thomas who, in turn, have also provided practically no value. I don't think I've ever seen Tate create separation and I wouldn't ever expect it.

Ross' only good game came because Dalton threw him the ball and he dropped it and then Dalton threw it right back to him again.  Burrow ain't got time for that.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ross' only good game came because Dalton threw him the ball and he dropped it and then Dalton threw it right back to him again.  Burrow ain't got time for that.

As we saw with Green earlier in the year, Joe will absolutely shut you down if you cost him...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: As we saw with Green earlier in the year, Joe will absolutely shut you down if you cost him...lol.

That's what we wanted...someone who isn't a nice guy who holds players accountable.  Niceguy doormat Dalton is the only reason Ross has a single meaningful game on his 4 year resume.  Ouch...maybe Ross can go to Dallas, they had the dropsies last night so he will fit right in.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what we wanted...someone who isn't a nice guy who holds players accountable.  Niceguy doormat Dalton is the only reason Ross has a single meaningful game on his 4 year resume.  Ouch...maybe Ross can go to Dallas, they had the dropsies last night so he will fit right in.

Yeah, ouch is right. I thought only Bengals dropped that many balls.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
He isn’t worth anything. He hasn’t really done anything in 4 years.

He’s worthless
Reply/Quote
We would be lucky to get a bag of BBQ Grippo's in trade for Ross at this point.
Reply/Quote
Maybe see if the Giants wanna trade Tae Crowder. Swap one Mr. irrelevant for another!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:22 AM)Trademark Wrote: I know he hasn't lived up to the hype but he hasn't even been given much of a chance this year. Taylor would rather start a bum like Mike Thomas. Guarantee he will go to another team and he will go off. Zac Taylor is destroying this team.

[Image: 1579-E79-B-1616-4760-B53-B-3-C23-B990313-B.jpg]

Ross has had years of chances.  Thomas and Tate and Higgins and Green and Boyd are just playing better in practice and in games. 

The real problem is no team will want Ross. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: If he wants a trade, trade him or cut him.  They aren't doing themselves any favors by keeping malcontents around.  Taylor likely won't be fired after this year and all these guys will do is divide the locker room.  Ross, Green, Tate, Dunlap, Geno, Williams, Phillips, etc.  Fire sale time.

Yes, get rid of half your team in order to keep the 3-18-1 Offensive Assistant who got rapidly promoted way above his skill/talent level. That's the ticket!

Last time there was this much talk of mutiny on the team, it was because the Bengals wouldn't fire Zampese. Keeping Zampese wasn't the answer then and neither should keeping Taylor be the answer now. Regardless of who the players are, bad coaches are bad.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I given Ross a hard time for a long time for his failures (and a glaring bust) and I am glad I was right from the start.

I hope to get a Bengals Trophy of Legends for it.

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
That bum Mike Thomas can actually catch a ***** football.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:18 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Ogbuehi, Ross and Price are essentially busts, and how many of these guys signed second contracts with the team?  AJ and Kirkpatrick and Eifert?  You want to hold on to your first-round picks if they pan out, don't you?

That's essentially what I was getting out.  The last decade of draft picks was largely made up of busts or guys who left after their rookie deals were up.  Or maybe that's to be expected?  I dunno (and I don't mean that facetiously).

So was Jake Fischer. I know he was a 2nd round but they, and others, viewed this guy as  1st round talent who thought they were getting a steal. Alluding to your point, you just can't whiff on that many high picks including rather high 2nd round picks.
Reply/Quote