Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joint practice
Just saw that Bengals will host a joint practice with the Colts prior to their final preseason game. I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, I like seeing the starters getting some time against another team, but practice is not game speed and also can be less controllable.

I would rather see the starters get a few series in at least one preseason game. This would seem to make that less likely again this season leading to possibly another slow start. Not a fan of joint practices.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 11:00 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Just saw that Bengals will host a joint practice with the Colts prior to their final preseason game. I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, I like seeing the starters getting some time against another team, but practice is not game speed and also can be less controllable.

I would rather see the starters get a few series in at least one preseason game. This would seem to make that less likely again this season leading to possibly another slow start. Not a fan of joint practices.

Joint practices are known to be better than preseason games for the starters.  These practices are absolute 1s vs 1s with multiple reps and cover all situations.  I can foresee a home and away joint practice each year with only 1 or 2 preseason games in the future. 

Reply/Quote
Zack Moss revenge practice...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I like them because the QB is off limits. We don't need Burrow or Chase getting injured in a meaningless game.
Reply/Quote
Great opportunity for the DL to get reps versus a strong Indy OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great opportunity for the Bengals to practice against an offense that will be built similarly to the other AFC North teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
All for it. The only joint practices I am against are Division rivals or the Chiefs who hate each other.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All for it. The only joint practices I am against are Division rivals or the Chiefs who hate each other.

Or any team with Suh on it. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 01:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or any team with Suh on it. Ninja

Aaron Donald

...Though maybe now that our players know you apparently can't be suspended for anything you do to another team's players in a joint practice, we might actually want a Round 2.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Aaron Donald

Him neither... Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 08:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great opportunity for the DL to get reps versus a strong Indy OL.

Amen!
Reply/Quote