Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Gruden was at PBS?
Maybe they meant Public Broadcasting System1
Reply/Quote
I would think he would go to the Bucs if that job opens, since he lives about 4 miles from Raymond James Stadium. But, if it doesn't, I don't think it's far fetched for him to come here. His brother coached here, so he knows the ins and outs of this teams peculiarities. Plus, it's pretty much a winning roster (minus a few positions)that just needs someone to steer it.....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I would think he would go to the Bucs if that job opens, since he lives about 4 miles from Raymond James Stadium. But, if it doesn't, I don't think it's far fetched for him to come here. His brother coached here, so he knows the ins and outs of this teams peculiarities. Plus, it's pretty much a winning roster (minus a few positions)that just needs someone to steer it.....

Plus he knows that all he has to do is win one playoff game here and he'd be a legend in this town forever. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 06:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I would think he would go to the Bucs if that job opens, since he lives about 4 miles from Raymond James Stadium. But, if it doesn't, I don't think it's far fetched for him to come here. His brother coached here, so he knows the ins and outs of this teams peculiarities. Plus, it's pretty much a winning roster (minus a few positions)that just needs someone to steer it.....

Before we signed Jay, wasn't there speculation that he would go to the Bucs for the same reasons you listed above?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well, the Bucs just confirmed they are sticking with their HC for one more season, so if Gruden's coming back to coaching, maybe it will be here....
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 10:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, the Bucs just confirmed they are sticking with their HC for one more season, so if Gruden's coming back to coaching, maybe it will be here....

Jim O on Twitter claims Jon Gruden has no interest in coaching the bengals 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 10:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Jim O on Twitter claims Jon Gruden has no interest in coaching the bengals 

Maybe, but they all say that until they get the job.... 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 10:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, but they all say that until they get the job.... 

True...

The more I look into it, I see nothing from Gruden himself shooting down the bengals job. Looks like it may just be speculation from sportswriters so... Who knows?

We'll know more in a few days 
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.i34CdFJvrzPFZQv2I434cgHaEK&pid...=268&h=152]

"Well boy I tell ya if I had to have someone coach my Offensive line that Alexander is my guy!!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 06:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Plus he knows that all he has to do is win one playoff game here and he'd be a legend in this town forever. 

Shocked  Your right!

Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/report-raiders-to-make-a-run-at-jon-gruden/

The raiders are about to go all-in for Jon Gruden. Sounds like they're going to get him... But him coming to Cincinnati was a pipe dream anyway. However...

If the Raiders fire Del Rio for Gruden, do we make a push for Del Rio?? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 12:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/report-raiders-to-make-a-run-at-jon-gruden/

Only as defensive coordinator....
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 12:53 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/30/report-raiders-to-make-a-run-at-jon-gruden/

The raiders are about to go all-in for Jon Gruden. Sounds like they're going to get him... But him coming to Cincinnati was a pipe dream anyway. However...

Yeah it’s way more likely he goes to his former team. At this point I think it’s going to be Guenther Sad
Reply/Quote
He made the statement that talk of him going to the Raiders is crazy. Of course, that's no different than the alleged unsourced statement that he has no interest in coaching Cincy. What I don't get is why people think it is more likely he would go to a team that already fired him once. To me, he would be less likely to return to wherever he was fired.
Reply/Quote
Honestly if Jon Gruden becomes a coach again and its between the Bengals and Raiders, I'd say he is really looking to prove something big time. Those have to be two of the hardest teams in NFL history to be the head coach of.
Reply/Quote
I really wish people would stop bringing up Jon Gruden. IT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! The Brown family would never give ANY coach the kind of control someone like Gruden would demand. I’m not sure if we’ll ever get anyone who has been an NFL head coach for the same reason. They likely had a decent amount of control at a previous team and won’t coach here without it. We’ll get someone who’s an OC or DC who’s looking to show they can be a HC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 12:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Honestly if Jon Gruden becomes a coach again and its between the Bengals and Raiders, I'd say he is really looking to prove something big time. Those have to be two of the hardest teams in NFL history to be the head coach of.

Really? Marvin hasn’t won a single playoff game and is in year 15 lol not sure what’s hard about that
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 08:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Really? Marvin hasn’t won a single playoff game and is in year 15 lol not sure what’s hard about that

Dealing with the boss....
Reply/Quote
Maybe he was going to make a run a Guenther as DC. I’m sure Jay gave him a recommendation.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2017, 08:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dealing with the boss....

:andy:
Reply/Quote