Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-12-2018, 12:08 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: So let’s get  this straight.

QBR is a bogus stat and it singularly discriminates vs Dalton. And even though dalton is awful in the rankings, he’s still elite.

Passer Rating is a better stat, because it makes dalton look middle of the pack, at best.  But he’s still elite.

WR Drops is actually not accurate.  And AJ green actually dropped 7 balls in one game, instead of the 4 on the season that the Stat indicates.

the NFL is rigged against the bengals

The media hates us and gives zero respect.

And the refs are biased against us and favor all our opponents.

This is hilarious.

Oh and JOn Kitna will  unequivocally be a great hire, because he used to allegedly be scrappy 15 years ago.

I can’t stop laughing at all of these conspiracies
That's funny with the us talk. 

Tick tick tick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And it goes the other way too. AJ has been making Dalton look better for years going up and getting poorly thrown balls, making circus catches, etc.

Also, who are you referring to that makes 5-10 less than AJ?

AJ Green cap hit was 13.5 million in 2017. 5 times players;

Lafell - (5 million cap hit) only receiver less than 10 times salary Green made in 2017 on our roster at WR or TE and he is 2.5 times

Rest are less than 1 million or 13+ times less than AJ. Boyd, Core, Erickson, Malone, Kroft and Uzomah

I have an AJ jersey and love him, but he did not have a good year in 2017.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: AJ Green cap hit was 13.5 million in 2017. 5 times players;

Lafell - (5 million cap hit) only receiver less than 10 times salary Green made in 2017 on our roster at WR or TE and he is 2.5 times

Rest are less than 1 million or 13+ times less than AJ. Boyd, Core, Erickson, Malone, Kroft and Uzomah

I have an AJ jersey and love him, but he did not have a good year in 2017.

We’ll have to just agree to disagree. 1078 yds & 8 TD’s are good numbers (12th in Yds/tied for 8th in TDs), they’re just not great numbers. And that’s what we expect out of AJ. Which is fair.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Add dropped passes stats to every thing else that folks "don't" point to in efforts to show how Andy is portrayed as not being as awesome as he truly is.

Not that anyone in this forum would do such a thing.

Please show all those people that claim Andy is "awesome." All I can see are those who claim he sucks (or some variation of below average) and those that claim he's above average or good.

I'd also like to see evidence of those claiming that they dislike a certain stat because of how said stats portray Andy Dalton.

Until then, kindly STFU with your bullshit. Thanks. ThumbsUp

(01-12-2018, 12:08 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: So let’s get  this straight.

QBR is a bogus stat and it singularly discriminates vs Dalton. And even though dalton is awful in the rankings, he’s still elite. 
QBR IS a bogus stat and no, it doesn't singularly discriminate vs Dalton. Try actually READING the threas (that's pretty much all you can do now that you've been banned).
Also, no one's said Dalton is elite. Literally no one has said that. When you have to make shit up like bfine to prove a point, you've already lost the argument.
ElderStatesman Wrote:Passer Rating is a better stat, because it makes dalton look middle of the pack, at best.  But he’s still elite. 

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, passer rating is a better stat because it's objective. There's no opinion or bias going into the stat. It's a straight up formula based on quanifiable data. It has nothinig to do with Dalton.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 08:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As fans (correction: best fans Bengals have) in this forum, what can we do to expedite Jon Kitna as our QB coach.

Since Mike Brown does the opposite of what Bengals fans want, maybe we should have a huge blitz saying how much we DON'T want Kitna as the QB coach. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 09:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And he’s usually been awful in prime time and the playoffs where people who don’t regularly watch him
get to see Bad Andy on full display...

This.  Andy has played his worst in the spotlight so that is what most casual observes judge him on.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:57 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Please show all those people that claim Andy is "awesome." All I can see are those who claim he sucks (or some variation of below average) and those that claim he's above average or good.

I'd also like to see evidence of those claiming that they dislike a certain stat because of how said stats portray Andy Dalton.

Until then, kindly STFU with your bullshit. Thanks. ThumbsUp

This is just 2funny. I'm going to stop now.

We'll just roll with: No one has ever claimed that Andy (the unnamed 2015 NFL MVP) is an awesome QB that has been burdened by numerous outside factors.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just 2funny. I'm going to stop now.

We'll
just roll with: No one has ever claimed that Andy (the unnamed 2015 NFL MVP) is an awesome QB that has been burdened by numerous outside factors.

Who is this "we" you speak of? 

Seems like the only person agreeing with your silly strawman argument just got banned, so you are going to have to go with "I".
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just 2funny. I'm going to stop now.

You're going to stop making shit up? Great.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who is this "we" you speak of? 

Seems like the only person agreeing with your silly strawman argument just got banned, so you are going to have to go with "I".

Okay we can change it to me.

I am the only person that feels there is a large population around here that will point to a number of external factors in that hide Andy's awesomeness.

For instance earlier in this thread one dude claimed AJ dropped the ball 7 times in a game to prevent Andy from being awesome. Another dude posted stats from numerous sources that AJ only had 4 drops all year (posting these facts must have been what got him banned), after he posted those facts the refrain became we don't like those stats.

But yeah, I'm just pointing to a strawman.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okay we can change it to me.

I am the only person that feels there is a large population around here that will point to a number of external factors in that hide Andy's awesomeness.

For instance earlier in this thread one dude claimed AJ dropped the ball 7 times in a game to prevent Andy from being awesome. Another dude posted stats from numerous sources that AJ only had 4 drops all year (posting these facts must have been what got him banned), after he posted those facts the refrain became we don't like those stats.

You talking about these posts?

(01-11-2018, 11:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Watch games vs. read stats that don't count balls that should be caught by even middling receivers.  He dropped 7 very catchable balls vs. the Ravens, and tipped two to INTs against the Bills.  He had a poor season for someone being paid QB money.  He isn't even top 10 any more.  

Why are you not banned yet?

(01-11-2018, 11:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not going to post video links, but he dropped 7.  I don't give a shit what some site said.  I saw the game. He was targeted 10 times, and he had two receptions for a whopping 17 yards.  There were not 4 uncatchable balls.  I don't care if the site said they weren't "drops" as a couple he just didn't keep his feet in bounds or have possession while in bounds, but he had 7 balls that he should have had.  

Defend it all you want.  It was pathetic, and if it was John Ross, they probably would have shot him at halftime.  

Maybe it's me, but I don't see the words "Andy", "Dalton", or "awesome" anywhere in either of those posts. Care to point them out or will you finally admit you're making shit up? Heck, couch it as something like 'using hyperbole to make a point', I don't care, but everyone can clearly see that you're full of something and it ain't sunshine and rainbows.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You talking about these posts?

Maybe it's me, but I don't see the words "Andy", "Dalton", or "awesome" anywhere in either of those posts. Care to point them out or will you finally admit you're making shit up? Heck, couch it as something like 'using hyperbole to make a point', I don't care, but everyone can clearly see that you're full of something and it ain't sunshine and rainbows.

Yeah, the poster was must likely supporting his biased view of AJ McCarron; because he didn't use the words Andy Dalton when they were having a back and forth about Andy Dalton.

I'll stop making things up now. AJ did drop 7 balls in that game.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Okay we can change it to me.

All you have to do is post a link to a single person in this thread calling Dalton "Awesome"  or "Elite" or "unnamed 2015 MVP" and I will agree that you never made up a strawman argument.

People here are defending against claims that Dalton is a "below average" QB.  And since you can't really argue with that position you make up a strawman and claim people are saying he is "awesome" or "elite" or "MVP".
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, the poster was must likely supporting his biased view of AJ McCarron; because he didn't use the words Andy Dalton when they were having a back and forth about Andy Dalton.

I'll stop making things up now. AJ did drop 7 balls in that game.

(01-12-2018, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All you have to do is post a link to a single person in this thread calling Dalton "Awesome"  or "Elite" or "unnamed 2015 MVP" and I will agree that you never made up a strawman argument.

People here are defending against claims that Dalton is a "below average" QB.  And since you can't really argue with that position you make up a strawman and claim people are saying he is "awesome" or "elite" or "MVP".

Or, you know, he could just be making a criticsm of AJ Green's play this season independent of how it affected anyone else. If I say Kirkpatrick played poorly this season, does that mean I think Guenther's an 'awesome' or 'elite' DC?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All you have to do is post a link to a single person in this thread calling Dalton "Awesome"  or "Elite" or "unnamed 2015 MVP" and I will agree that you never made up a strawman argument.

25 QBs had a minimum of 400 pass attempts this year (25/game @ 16 games). Of those 25 Andy Dalton finished 16th. Not to mention his team had a terrible record. So I really have no idea how you could assume that no one could argue the point that Andy is a below average QB.

I can post the thread I did preseason where almost 40% of this forum had Andy ranked as a top 10 QB in the NFL. That sounds a whole lot like folks claiming he is awesome. Personally I had him about 17 of 32 and I was a hating troll.

I know you've been on vacation so you've move likely missed the numerous threads and reason given as to why Andy did not achieve this level of awesomeness.

I've missed you around here. The board is much more entertaining with you around and I once again have that fool proof measuring stick to let me know when I'm 100% correct. It's when you disagree with me. 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or, you know, he could just be making a criticsm of AJ Green's play this season independent of how it affected anyone else. If I say Kirkpatrick played poorly this season, does that mean I think Guenther's an 'awesome' or 'elite' DC?

You know, you're right. He was most likely just pointing out AJ had a bad season, just out of the blue and in no way trying to make it a reason Andy played poorly.  

I really need to stop making things up. 

I'm so glad you guys are here; as we are iced in. You guys will keep me smiling all weekend:

"Nobody ever claimed Andy was awesome and that other factors have stopped him from attaining his awesomeness...."""

You guys kill me. 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 25 QBs had a minimum of 400 pass attempts this year (25/game @ 16 games). Of those 25 Andy Dalton finished 16th. Not to mention his team had a terrible record. So I really have no idea how you could assume that no one could argue the point that Andy is a below average QB.

Wow, doubling down on the strawman instead of denying that you are creating strawmen.  I never said no one could make the argument.  you just made that up because you can not address what I really said.

That is the difference between you and I.  If someone made the argument that dalton was a below average QB based on just one season then  i would respond with some facts showing that almost all of the great QBs have had a down year, whereas someone like you would respond with "So a QB who throws 25 tds in a season is the worst that ever played?"

(01-12-2018, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine32

I can post the thread I did preseason where almost 40% of this forum had Andy ranked as a top 10 QB in the NFL. That sounds a whole lot like folks claiming he

No one cares what your made up definitions are. Apparently to you "top ten" sounds just like "unnamed MVP".

If you claim people are saying he is "awesome" then post a link to someone saying he is "awesome".
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You know, you're right. He was most likely just pointing out AJ had a bad season, just out of the blue and in no way trying to make it a reason Andy played poorly.  

I really need to stop making things up. 

I'm so glad you guys are here; as we are iced in. You guys will keep me smiling all weekend:

"Nobody ever claimed Andy was awesome and that other factors have stopped him from attaining his awesomeness...."""

You guys kill me. 

Still waiting on that link to someone calling Dalton awesome.

You know what makes me smile?  When people have to make stuff up in their own head to make themselves think they are right and then try to use it to put other people down.

"I am a winner in my make believe world.  Just look at how much smarter I am than the make believe people who are claiming Dalton was the "unnamed MVP" in 2015."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow, doubling down on the strawman instead of denying that you are creating strawmen.  I never said no one could make the argument.  you just made that up because you can not address what I really said.

That is the difference between you and I.  If someone made the argument that dalton was a below average QB based on just one season then  i would respond with some facts showing that almost all of the great QBs have had a down year, whereas someone like you would respond with "So a QB who throws 25 tds in a season is the worst that ever played?"

No one cares what your made up definitions are. Apparently to you "top ten" sounds just like "unnamed MVP".

If you claim people are saying he is "awesome" then post a link to someone saying he is "awesome".

It is great to see that things have not changed. Folks were so much less entertaining before.

You clearly stated I could not support the claim that Andy was a below average QB, I clearly showed you it could be easily supported, but somehow in Fred Logic you never said it and I just made up another strawman.

Awesome means "extremely good/excellent" if you do not think that is corollary with considering him a top 10 QB in the NFL; then I don't know what else to tell you. I get you wish to argue the semantics of the matter as opposed to the spirit, but it just makes you look as foolish as you looked before your vacation.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 25 QBs had a minimum of 400 pass attempts this year (25/game @ 16 games). Of those 25 Andy Dalton finished 16th. Not to mention his team had a terrible record. So I really have no idea how you could assume that no one could argue the point that Andy is a below average QB.

Based on this argument Aaron Rodgers is not even in the discussion for being an above average NFL QB.
Reply/Quote