Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
Bring him in..kitna wasn't bad. Brings back memories of us when we were on the come up and motivated to prove people wrong.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
I want kitna!!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:37 PM)Slythe Wrote: I am so wanting this to happen. Kitna has two things that are not overly apparent in Dalton: leadership and passion.

Now this get's me excited. Leadership and passion.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:15 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I live about 25 minutes from Jon, I could help you out and meet halfway.... Seriously though, the guy was football smart, just didn't have the best arm.

Or the best team around him?  He did throw for 4200 yards at Detroit.  I love Kitna...He wasn't the greatest QB, but I love his leadership and his football IQ.  I think he could be the exact thing Dalton needs to become more of a leader.  I think Andy would love him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton has had plenty of physical developments in his career. He's more in need of mental development at this point.

He is in need of a damn offensive line that doesn't suck rhinoceros balls (they're big, I assume) and an offense that has some semblance of a running game.  I have said it once, and I will say it again:  When he is given time, he picks teams apart.  And, no, that is NOT every NFL QB.  

The guy has done more with less here than anyone seems willing to give him credit for.  

I am hoping (not overly optimistic, though) that Lazor's offense without the idiot Oline coach will start producing the 24+ points per game it should and the defense fills the holes at LB and Safety and this team soars.  Like I said, though, not very optimistic.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is in need of a damn offensive line that doesn't suck rhinoceros balls (they're big, I assume) and an offense that has some semblance of a running game.  I have said it once, and I will say it again:  When he is given time, he picks teams apart.  And, no, that is NOT every NFL QB.  

The guy has done more with less here than anyone seems willing to give him credit for.  

I am hoping (not overly optimistic, though) that Lazor's offense without the idiot Oline coach will start producing the 24+ points per game it should and the defense fills the holes at LB and Safety and this team soars.  Like I said, though, not very optimistic.  

Dilly dilly!

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is in need of a damn offensive line that doesn't suck rhinoceros balls (they're big, I assume) and an offense that has some semblance of a running game.  I have said it once, and I will say it again:  When he is given time, he picks teams apart.  And, no, that is NOT every NFL QB.  

Judging from what we've read, and what Lapham had to say.......the offense should at least be competent now that moronic boob pianist is out of the way.  He was literally sabotaging the team because of ego and being stubborn.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It is truly hilarious that our ‘fans’ rip the organization for being too loyal stuck in their ways, stubborn and say they ‘need to do things diffeent’

Then just cream themselves at the thought of brining is a former qb, who was below average by all standards, as the q.b coach to magically coach up another below avg q.b. In dalton

You guys will just believe anything to purport the bengals as competent.

You’re the problem. You love mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:30 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: It is truly hilarious that our ‘fans’ rip the organization for being too loyal stuck in their ways, stubborn and say they ‘need to do things diffeent’

Then just cream themselves at the thought of brining is a former qb, who was below average by all standards, as the q.b coach to magically coach  up another below avg q.b. In dalton

You guys will just believe anything to purport the bengals as competent.

You’re the problem.  You love mediocrity.

Plenty of examples of ripping the Bengals' decisions this offseason going around on these threads, read some.  However, mediocre skillset, and the cerebral part of the game are two different things.  Look at Sam Wyche, mediocre talent or worse, great coach and great QB whisperer.  Players with limited skillsets that have any success at this level MUST be students of the game, and able to use what talent they have to their benefit.  I happen to believe that Kitna MAY wind up a pretty good coach, and the move to can Alexander was a good decision.  I rip this organization for all that I am worth when they deserve it, but I will also call a good move when I see one.  The purpose of the forum is to discuss the Bengals.  While most of us normally don't have many good things to say about what the FO does......it's no sin to call a good move a good move.

I haven't bought a ticket in two years, I haven't bought any merch in two years, and likely won't until Marv is gone, but it's disingenuous to say that Kitna wouldn't make a good QB coach because he was a player with limited physical tools.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:30 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: It is truly hilarious that our ‘fans’ rip the organization for being too loyal stuck in their ways, stubborn and say they ‘need to do things diffeent’

Yes, because Mike Brown is known for filling his coaching staff with former Bengal players. Oh wait ...  Whatever

(01-10-2018, 11:30 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Then just cream themselves at the thought of brining is a former qb, who was below average by all standards, as the q.b coach to magically coach  up another below avg q.b. In dalton 
Dalton is not below average. He had a below average season, sure, but he's not below average. Only someone who knows nothing of football would claim this. Kitna was arguably average, HOWEVER, great coaches aren't always former great players. Sometimes they were mediocre or didn't even play the game. So how good a player Kitna is will have almost no bearing on how good a coach he can be.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Heck, some of the best coaches haven't played football beyond HS or college. Look at Frank Reich, Doug Pederson and Jason Garrett. All backup QB's.

Kitna was an intelligent guy. I'd like the move.
Didn't care much for the Austin move at all.
Loved that they fired Paulie Alexander.
Hated that Merv is back yet again.
Good with Bicknell.
Meh on Lazor.
Meh on Coyle being let go (he did some good things, but new DC should get to choose his guys).
Hated Haslett being retained, especially before the DC was hired.

Overall I'm not happy yet with the moves we've made, but we're allowed to have varying opinions on each move.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck, some of the best coaches haven't played football beyond HS or college. Look at Frank Reich, Doug Pederson and Jason Garrett. All backup QB's.

Darth Hoodie was more noted for his lacrosse playing than football......how'd that turn out?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Darth Hoodie was more noted for his lacrosse playing than football......how'd that turn out?

Exactly. The thing I hate most about these boards (and the net in general) is that people always try to paint you into one corner or the other. We have to pick a side. In truth, most people have complicated opinions. Except for homers. Those guys support every move. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is in need of a damn offensive line that doesn't suck rhinoceros balls

If there is a guy out there that can suck a rhinoceros' balls I want him playing O-line for us.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, because Mike Brown is known for filling his coaching staff with former Bengal players. Oh wait ...  Whatever

Dalton is not below average. He had a below average season, sure, but he's not below average. Only someone who knows nothing of football would claim this. Kitna was arguably average, HOWEVER, great coaches aren't always former great players. Sometimes they were mediocre or didn't even play the game. So how good a player Kitna is will have almost no bearing on how good a coach he can be.

He’s finsihed in the bottom half in QBR 6 times in 7 seasons

Lol. That’s below avg. I know I know. We don’t like that stat cause it shows Andy’s deficiencies (despite it being very accurate)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That 2002 line had Big Willie, Levi Jones and Rich Braham. Dalton would take that time warp with a big smile on his face. Not to mention he'd get CD and young Chad, Housh and PDub.

Yeah, we had some good players but that team was bad. I mean scrub your eyes with Lava soap bad. 
Reply/Quote

Have we ever seen Andy Dalton play behind a truly stellar offensive line?

No.

Have we ever seen Andy Dalton play on a team with a potent rushing attack?

No.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Judging from what we've read, and what Lapham had to say.......the offense should at least be competent now that moronic boob pianist is out of the way.  He was literally sabotaging the team because of ego and being stubborn.

If I ever see his fat ass, I will be hard-pressed not to throat punch him.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:51 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: He’s finsihed in the bottom half in QBR 6 times in 7 seasons

Lol.  That’s below avg.   I know I know.  We don’t like that stat cause it shows Andy’s deficiencies (despite it being very accurate)

Actually the reason I don't like the QBR stat has nothing to do with where it ranks Dalton.  The problem I have is that no one knows what it really measures.  It seems kind of "made up".

I know exactly how to calculate Passer Rating, and Dalton has finished in the top half of the league 4 times in seven years.

If you want to look at something other than just pure passing stats then here is how Dalton ranks among the 35 active QB who have at least 1000 passing attempts since '11.

2nd in rushing tds

3rd in "fourth quarter comebacks"..https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2011&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&comeback=Y&is_active=Y&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

4th in "game winning drives"..https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=career&year_min=2011&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=-1&pos=0&game_type=R&career_game_num_min=1&career_game_num_max=400&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&gwd=Y&is_active=Y&c5val=1.0&order_by=pass_td

5th in lowest fumble rate (fumbles per [pass attempt + rush attempt])

So I am not exactly sure what QBR measures since Dalton ranks high in passing, rushing tds, clutch fourth quarter performances, and ball security.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If there is a guy out there that can suck a rhinoceros' balls I want him playing O-line for us.

Look who's back...

Back again....

Look who's back...

Tell a friend.....da da dum.....da da dum....Two trailerpark steeler fans go round the outside, round the outside, round the outside....(sorry, got a little carried away)
Reply/Quote