Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
This popped up late last night on Twitter. 
Click below 
Article on PFT

Discuss
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw where they said he was being considered for the staff, didn't see where they specifically said QB coach so he could be just an assistant. I am not opposed either way, I think the guy would make a great QB coach. He has been around the game a long time and has seen every defense known to man.
Reply/Quote
It'll be an interesting hire. Always liked Kitna.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He was good holding the clip board for palmer and helping palmer... I'm sure he has much wisdom to impart
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:52 AM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: This popped up late last night on Twitter. 
Click below 
Article on PFT

Discuss

In a HEARTBEAT!!!

Carson Palmer credited Kitna more than his coaches for his development and was literally in tears when he left for Detroit.  He is also the kind of man I want leading our players. 

I will DRIVE to Washington or wherever he is to pick him up.  This is our QB coach.  
Reply/Quote
Finally an ex Bengal considered for a job with the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was good holding the clip board for palmer and helping palmer... I'm sure he has much wisdom to impart

This. And I remember the dude would get fired up if there were mistakes being made on the field. Maybe he can impart some of that fire to Dalton and whomever else is in the QB room.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In a HEARTBEAT!!!

Carson Palmer credited Kitna more than his coaches for his development and was literally in tears when he left for Detroit.  He is also the kind of man I want leading our players. 

I will DRIVE to Washington or wherever he is to pick him up.  This is our QB coach.  

I agree. He is the guy I thought of as soon as the position became available.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Also Kitna and Dalton would click pretty quickly, given their affinity towards Faith.
Reply/Quote
Love it. Add Kitna as QB coach and Big Willie as OL coach. I would take that in a second.
Reply/Quote
Kitna may be a good hire...thinking he may have the right type of mentor motor.
Reply/Quote
Would be good for everyone. Dalton and Lazor would get a Quarterbacks coach with alot of playing experience who was also always more coach than player. Kitna would get to cut his teeth so to speak as a coach on a Veteran Quarterback in Dalton.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:20 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Also Kitna and Dalton would click pretty quickly, given their affinity towards Faith.

Aren't both guys happily married? How hot is she? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:20 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Also Kitna and Dalton would click pretty quickly, given their affinity towards Faith.

[Image: who-is-she-24604972.png]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Aren't both guys happily married? How hot is she? Ninja
Not only do I see what you did there, I like it!
Reply/Quote
Think he could make a great QB coach and maybe even more later.

Dude was very football smart and that is how he had such a long career while having a limp noodle for an arm.

Like the move a lot.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I also think (although I'm not 100% sure) Kitnas son goes to TCU, and plays QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Finally an ex Bengal considered for a job with the bengals.

That's because he won't have to take a paycut like Munoz or Lap would!  Ninja Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I like it because he's a former player from this century, so he'll have more of a feel for the game and what it's like to be an NFL QB.

The style of play has changed a lot since Kitna played, but Kitna still was at least playing when the game was intense and going a million miles a second.

I feel like he'll be able to relate to Dalton and help Dalton grow even more as a player.

Having actually seen it and played, I think Kitna will be able to better help Dalton with things like reads and anticipations.

I like it!
Reply/Quote
This is a pleasant surprise. Hope it works out.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote