Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
Would prefer someone with more experience coaching quarterbacks. Dalton is as coached up as he is going to get at this point, so is Kitna the right guy to develop a young QB ?
Reply/Quote
I have a Kitna jersey I got on clearance sometime in 2005 and last wore sometime in 2005. If this happens I may have to pull that out of storage.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:19 PM)OB1 Wrote: Would prefer someone with more experience coaching quarterbacks. Dalton is as coached up as he is going to get at this point, so is Kitna the right guy to develop a young QB ?

I think he is the perfect guy to coach up the young QB's. This would be a great move. Dalton needs to go back and spend some more time with Tom House, and he's good to go.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he is the perfect guy to coach up the young QB's. This would be a great move. Dalton needs to go back and spend some more time with Tom House, and he's good to go.

They need to interview House's assistant that used to come to town to work one on one with Dalton.

He might not be able to help in the film room, but he could keep his technique up and Daltons bad habits down throughout the year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:19 PM)OB1 Wrote: Would prefer someone with more experience coaching quarterbacks. Dalton is as coached up as he is going to get at this point, so is Kitna the right guy to develop a young QB ?

The best experience you can have in coaching QB's in the NFL is actually playing QB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Hope this happens
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Kitna would do well as a QB coach.
Reply/Quote
I’d be 100% on board with this hire. He’d do a great job
Reply/Quote
Ideal higher. Playing experience and coaching experience. Win, win.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: In a HEARTBEAT!!!

Carson Palmer credited Kitna more than his coaches for his development and was literally in tears when he left for Detroit.  He is also the kind of man I want leading our players. 

I will DRIVE to Washington or wherever he is to pick him up.  This is our QB coach.  
I live about 25 minutes from Jon, I could help you out and meet halfway.... Seriously though, the guy was football smart, just didn't have the best arm.
Reply/Quote
Yes please !
Reply/Quote
He had, what, a twelve to fifteen year career with very limited physical skills. No small feat. Perfect kind of player to become a coach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Kitna has always been positive and has a really bright mental attitude.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:36 PM)jj22 Wrote: They need to interview House's assistant that used to come to town to work one on one with Dalton.

He might not be able to help in the film room, but he could keep his technique up and Daltons bad habits down throughout the year.

Right. House and his crew are strictly throwing experts. They are not able to help a QB learn to read defenses, study film etc. Kitna is perfect for this.
Reply/Quote
This is interesting considering...well he's still the hs football coach here in town.

Sucks
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:20 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Also Kitna and Dalton would click pretty quickly, given their affinity towards Faith.

That's one of the main things that...bug is the wrong word but i'll use it anyway...me about Dalton. Accomplishments aside, Kurt Warner was always a guy that put his faith on the front page, so in that respect, he and Dalton are alike. The biggest difference is, Warner would not put up with mistakes or sub-par play on the field. When he went out there, he wanted to beat you more than anything yet he was able to do it in a way that didn't compromise his beliefs. 

I've always felt Dalton was too soft in this area, too much of a nice guy on the field. If Kitna comes on board, he's more of a guy that i would put somewhere in between Dalton and Warner on the field. Not as good of a QB as either, but fiery and a strong will to win. 

It would be nice if he could show Dalton that it's possible to go out there and want to crush you but do it in a way that doesn't compromise your faith or beliefs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Dalton has had plenty of physical developments in his career. He's more in need of mental development at this point.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I could here this conversation taking place

Andy: "Nice to meet you Jon. Glad to have you aboard.
"We really stunk last year, you should have seen how bad my offensive line was!!"

Jon Kitna laughing hysterically: "Let me take you back to 2002!"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is interesting considering...well he's still the hs football coach here in town.

Sucks

The fact he coaches High School football does not negate the positives he showed mentoring Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The fact he coaches High School football does not negate the positives he showed mentoring Palmer.

no dork, it sucks that he could potentially leave.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote