Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-09-2018, 01:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: no dork, it sucks that he could potentially leave.  

Well Dirk, you didn't make that clear..... Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The fact he coaches High School football does not negate the positives he showed mentoring Palmer.

Some people just like working with kids. Nothing is wrong with that. I used to like working with kids, but not so much anymore..social media and blah blah blah..not my cup of tea these days..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: Some people just like working with kids. Nothing is wrong with that. I used to like working with kids, but not so much anymore..social media and blah blah blah..not my cup of tea these days..

We can have a pseudo priest be the qb coach and a devout apostle/follower man the qb position.

“Let’s just go out there and have some fun. Glory be to the Father!”

Meanwhile Cameron Jordan, Heyward, Suggs, and the rest of the real NFL players are ecstatic about playing the Bible boys.
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of Kitna as a QB coach. I also think he would mesh very well with Andy.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I like the idea of Kitna as a QB coach. I also think he would mesh very well with Andy.

Andy’s lack of personality, accountability and fire are huge detractors. He’s soft. Now you’re exited about Kitna. This isn’t a pre school. It’s the NFL
Reply/Quote
Would love to see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton has had plenty of physical developments in his career. He's more in need of mental development at this point.

I am concerned that pairing him with a like minded buddy will do nothing for said mental development.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:11 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote:  This isn’t a pre school.
Couldn't tell that from your child-like trolling.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I heart this idea so hard! Kitna always had the mental part of the game mastered, he was just limited physically. This would be a wonderful hire. Love it.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I heart this idea so hard! Kitna always had the mental part of the game mastered, he was just limited physically. This would be a wonderful hire. Love it.

Agree 100%.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was good holding the clip board for palmer and helping palmer... I'm sure he has much wisdom to impart

He was in the mvp conversation at one time during the 2003 season and was the starter for 3 of 5 seasons in Cincinnati as well as a starter with other teams. Give the guy some credit.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:11 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Andy’s lack of personality, accountability and fire are huge detractors.  He’s soft.  Now you’re exited about Kitna.  This isn’t a pre school.  It’s the NFL

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

You know what to do Ninja
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:04 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: We can have a pseudo priest be the qb coach and a devout  apostle/follower man the qb position.

“Let’s just go out there and have some fun.  Glory be to the Father!”

Meanwhile Cameron Jordan, Heyward, Suggs, and the rest of the real NFL players are ecstatic about playing the Bible  boys.

I can't believe someone actually gave this guy reps?? 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I can't believe someone actually gave this guy reps?? 

I'm trying to stay as far away from him as possible cuz, you know, lightning bolts and what not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:11 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Andy’s lack of personality, accountability and fire are huge detractors.  He’s soft.  Now you’re exited about Kitna.  This isn’t a pre school.  It’s the NFL

Lol..One think he's not.

Dude has taken some massive beatings and plays on. Fail on.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I can't believe someone actually gave this guy reps?? 

Did you forget that we still have some Dalton haters on here that will take ANY opportunity to rag on Dalton for anything and everything?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know what to do Ninja

LOL I've just been waiting.   I won't be waiting long...
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:48 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I could here this conversation taking place

Andy: "Nice to meet you Jon. Glad to have you aboard.
"We really stunk last year, you should have seen how bad my offensive line was!!"

Jon Kitna laughing hysterically:    "Let me take you back to 2002!"

That 2002 line had Big Willie, Levi Jones and Rich Braham. Dalton would take that time warp with a big smile on his face. Not to mention he'd get CD and young Chad, Housh and PDub.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Actually I remember thinking back in the day how awesome it would be if you put Kitna's mind and heart in Carson Palmer's body.  Kitna was a guy who had really good football IQ and had the fire in his belly.   He just was slow as molasses, had a noodle for an arm and had tiny little hands.

So he would probably be good for Dalton.  Dalton mostly needs to get his mind right - work on making better post snap reads and better decisions.

And you appear to be confusing a thoughtful informed belief for smarmy religiosity.  

Two completely different things.
Reply/Quote