Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-09-2018, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: He had, what, a twelve to fifteen year career with very limited physical skills.  No small feat.  Perfect kind of player to become a coach.

Having small feet makes someone a good coach ? Didn't know that

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 04:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Having small feet makes someone a good coach ? Didn't no that

Hilarious

Having small hands makes someone a good American president soooooooooooooooooooo ... Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: who-is-she-24604972.png]

Is that a butt pug?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Not sure whoever we bring in would be able to help Andy. Who all has he worked with already in his career? I'm not saying Andy is bad and unteachable, but he does have enough experience to have developed some ingrained fears and habits which may appear irreversible. Just a thought.

Reply/Quote
If hired, I'd like the move. Always liked Kit as a person and he did a great job mentoring Palmer. Can't go wrong with a former QB with a positive attitude and good work ethic. This is an obvious Marvin move though. I thought Lazor was filling out the offensive staff? I'm not mad, but it's a fair question.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Someone else said it earlier.....pair Kitna with some more work with Tom House, and you'd probably have a good thing going.  I don't think there were many guys in the league that were as prepared and mentally focused as Kitna.  The guy had to be to overcome his physical limitations.  Could be an interesting hire.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Kitna is the type of "scrappy underdog" that everyone here should love. He went from an undrafted free agent to rank 35th all time in NFL history in completions

He won a national championship in college (Central Washington NAIA) in '95

He won a NFL Europe Championship, and was MVP of the championship game.

Just two year later he led the Seahawks to the NFC East Division Championship.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kitna is the type of "scrappy underdog" that everyone here should love.  He went from an undrafted free agent to rank 35th all time in NFL history in completions

Nice summary, I approve of Kitna as QB coach.
Reply/Quote
Definately approve of this. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kitna is the type of "scrappy underdog" that everyone here should love.  He went from an undrafted free agent to rank 35th all time in NFL history in completions

Couldn't agree more.  He had a 17 year professional career, 13 in the NFL. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yes. We need more nice guy, cronyism instilled on the coaching staff

A High School coach who threw 165 interceptions (169 TDS) in the nfl.

A 1:1 TD to INT ratio and career 77 rating.

This screams like a savvy, game changing move.

Lol. Bengals fan logic at its finest. And you also wanted TJ to coach WRs

News flash. Bengals players are, generally speaking, perennial losers. If you’re trying to do things different, hire outside the confines of your organization.

Otherwise. It will just be more of the last 27 years.

How don’t you get this? Maybe Ki Jana can be the RB coach. Let’s get Tremain Mack for ST. Let’s get Braham for OL.

Haha
Reply/Quote
Pump the brakes guys.

Did everyone already forget this guy was fined by the league several times for wearing an unlicensed hat to press conferences? Do we really want this kind of Him-first, loose cannon on the coaching staff?

:)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 07:27 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Yes. We need more nice guy, cronyism instilled on the coaching staff

A High School coach who threw 165 interceptions (169 TDS) in the nfl.

A 1:1 TD to INT ratio and career 77 rating.

This screams like a savvy, game changing move.

Lol. Bengals fan logic at its finest. And you also wanted TJ to coach WRs

News flash. Bengals players are, generally speaking, perennial losers. If you’re trying to do things different, hire outside the confines of your organization.

Otherwise. It will just be more of the last 27 years.

How don’t you get this? Maybe Ki Jana can be the RB coach. Let’s get Tremain Mack for ST. Let’s get Braham for OL.

Haha
:troll:
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I can't believe someone actually gave this guy reps?? 

His alter ego most likely

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 06:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kitna is the type of "scrappy underdog" that everyone here should love. He went from an undrafted free agent to rank 35th all time in NFL history in completions

Fred...

Has returned.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I always liked the way Jon Kitna carried himself and how he never let things get the best of him. He wasn't the most talented guy around, but he gave everything he had on the field.
Reply/Quote
Really would like to get kitna. Him and dalton are very similar in their play and limitations. I think kitna would get the most out of Andy. Who knows, maybe the red rifle will return in 2018
Reply/Quote
I am so wanting this to happen. Kitna has two things that are not overly apparent in Dalton: leadership and passion.

Watch this interview to get a feel for the kind of leadership tone he would bring to the coaching staff: https://youtu.be/4kmHtk3PINQ

Have this man give the pregame speeches and set the tone. He was the heart of those early Marvin Lewis Bengals teams.
Reply/Quote
It'd be a great hire if it happens. The guy has been a positive influence everywhere he goes. After the NFL, he went back to his high school alma mater and turned that program around. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a unanimously positive thread on these boards. Probably means it won’t happen now lol

Reply/Quote