Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-12-2018, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 25 QBs had a minimum of 400 pass attempts this year (25/game @ 16 games). Of those 25 Andy Dalton finished 16th. Not to mention his team had a terrible record. So I really have no idea how you could assume that no one could argue the point that Andy is a below average QB.

I'm sorry, is this Andy's only season? If the argument is whether or not Dalton had a below average SEASON this year, ok, you won't get an argument from me. But, to argue that because he had a below average season means his entire career = below average, that's a whole different argument - one with no foundation in fact.

bfine32 Wrote:I can post the thread I did preseason where almost 40% of this forum had Andy ranked as a top 10 QB in the NFL. That sounds a whole lot like folks claiming he is awesome. Personally I had him about 17 of 32 and I was a hating troll.

You can try to move the goalposts all you want, but the argument isn't whether people think Andy WAS awesome. The argument is whether people think Andy IS awesome AND are making excuses for why it doesn't show up in the stats.

See, when you don't make shit up, you don't have to change the argument.

bfine32 Wrote:You know, you're right. He was most likely just pointing out AJ had a bad season, just out of the blue and in no way trying to make it a reason Andy played poorly. 

So, anytime someone criticizes a player, it's not because of that player, it's because they're defending someone else. Got it. Rolleyes

bfine32 Wrote:I really need to stop making things up.

Yes, you do.

bfine32 Wrote:I'm so glad you guys are here; as we are iced in. You guys will keep me smiling all weekend:

"Nobody ever claimed Andy was awesome and that other factors have stopped him from attaining his awesomeness...."""

You guys kill me.

And yet, you have still not provided any evidence of someone making that claim. I'm sorry that we're not allowing you to get away with making bullshit claims.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You clearly stated I could not support the claim that Andy was a below average QB, I clearly showed you it could be easily supported, but somehow in Fred Logic you never said it and I just made up another strawman.

The logic that you think "easily supported" your position also proves that Aaron Rodgers could not be an above average QB.

And if you had made an argument like that in the first place I would not have called you out for making up strawmen to knock down.  In almost every argument on these boards someone can come up with something to support their position.  even if it is weak it is better to post some stat or fact instead of just posting smart-ass condescending insults with no facts or logic in them at all.

"I am going to win this argument by calling all Dalton fans delusional instead of posting any actual facts.  Then I am going to brag about how this makes me smile because I am smarter than everyone else."
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The logic that you think "easily supported" your position also proves that Aaron Rodgers could not be an above average QB.

And if you had made an argument like that in the first place I would not have called you out for making up strawmen to knock down.  In almost every argument on these boards someone can come up with something to support their position.  even if it is weak it is better to post some stat or fact instead of just posting smart-ass condescending insults with no facts or logic in them at all.

"I am going to win this argument by calling all Dalton fans delusional instead of posting any actual facts.  Then I am going to brag about how this makes me smile because I am smarter than everyone else."
Well we had a dude post actual facts about dropped passes. He then got dismissed.

Besides the fact that Arron had a passer rating of 97.8 this year I think I could separate Andy from Aaron easily enough.

Andy has had a passer rating (end of year) of over 90 once in his career and some will say this was just a "down year" 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Besides the fact that Arron had a passer rating of 97.8 this year I think I could separate Andy from Aaron easily enough.

Then you can not limit the QB pool to just the ones who had more than 400 attempts, and as soon as you include QBs with the number of attempts Rodgers had Andy ends up "above average".

So which is it?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy has had a passer rating (end of year) of over 90 once in his career and some will say this was just a "down year" 

Andy finished in the top half of the league (among qualifying QBs) in passer rating 4 of 7 seasons and also ranks int he top half in active QBs yet some people argue that he is below average.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we had a dude post actual facts about dropped passes. He then got dismissed.

Besides the fact that Arron had a passer rating of 97.8 this year I think I could separate Andy from Aaron easily enough.

Andy has had a passer rating (end of year) of over 90 once in his career and some will say this was just a "down year" 

Fairly certain he got the heave ho over personal insults......just sayin'.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you can not limit the QB pool to just the ones who had more than 400 attempts, and as soon as you include QBs with the number of attempts Rodgers had Andy ends up "above average".

So which is it?

It is QBs that had at least 25 attempts @ 16 games; that is the pool. 

Then reason Aaron did not hit that number wasn't because he was below average; it was because he was injured, just like Deshawn Watson. 

Conceded if you count every QB employed by the NFL then Andy is above average. I make the mistake of comparing him to other starting QBs. Folks still aren't looking for reasons to support Andy's awesomeness? 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy finished in the top half of the league (among qualifying QBs) in passer rating 4 of 7 seasons and also ranks int he top half in active QBs yet some people argue that he is below average.

...and 3 of 7 he finished in the bottom half; yet some argue he is top 10.

Me personally; I have him average 15-17. I rated him 17th before the season started and folks laughed. 

But I'm going to follow my advice and no longer derail this trainwreck; it's just you guys couldn't stop. 

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Conceded if you count every QB employed by the NFL then Andy is above average. I make the mistake of comparing him to other starting QBs. Folks still aren't looking for reasons to support Andy's awesomeness? 

Only 25 starting QBs in the NFL this year?

It was no "mistake".  It was just a lame attempt to try an make Dalton look worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I rated him 17th before the season started and folks laughed.

And if you listed the 16 guys you had in front of him I bet we would have some more good laughs.
Reply/Quote
Remember when this thread was about Jon Kitna interviewing for the coaching job? Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only 25 starting QBs in the NFL this year?

It was no "mistake".  It was just a lame attempt to try an make Dalton look worse.

bfine gets upset when someone twists things to try to make Dalton appear better, but has no qualms about twisting things to make Dalton appear worse. I wonder why that is.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Remember when this thread was about Jon Kitna interviewing for the coaching job?   Ninja

Remember the "good ole days" when EVERY thread turned into a Dalton debate? 

Pepperidge farms remembers.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, we need to heave ho about 95% of the population then. 

I mean.....calling people stupid is bound to ruffle feathers......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: I mean.....calling people stupid is bound to ruffle feathers......

[Image: whaaat-grown-ups-2_o_4855929.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Since it's been a few days and Kitna hasn't been signed we should probably move on.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 04:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Since it's been a few days and Kitna hasn't been signed we should probably move on.

Cry
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 06:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Cry

Why the crying eyes?  Would you have rather saw Kitna get the job over Van Pelt?? 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I LIKE KITNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Van Pelt has exp. at least, but who needs to teach A. Rodgers anything? Big Grin
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And if you listed the 16 guys you had in front of him I bet we would have some more good laughs.
As I remember:

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Derick Carr
Marcus Mariota
Philip Rivers
Ben Rothlesberger
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
Dak Prescott
Matt Stafford
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Carson Wentz
Kirk Cousins

I will admit I was wrong on Carr and Mariota as I thought each would do much better this year.

Now I think the real hoot would be if the top 10 folks listed 7 of those that they thought Andy was better than.  

Reply/Quote