Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-14-2018, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude just threw for 254 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, and a passer rating of 98.3 against the New England Patriots in a playoff game while absolutely getting killed by their pass rush. His running back had 28 yards on 12 carries. Not sure how anyone could consider that QB performance terrible.

Maybe you need to watch him play more than one game.  He threw more interceptions (15) than tds (13) this year.

Living here in Tennessee I have seen Mariota play a lot.  I actually like him, but he is not on Dalton's level as a passer
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe you need to watch him play more than one game.  He threw more interceptions (15) than tds (13) this year.

Living here in Tennessee I have seen Mariota play a lot.  I actually like him, but he is not on Dalton's level as a passer

Already said I was wrong bout Mariota this year; however, he was on the list I made before the season.

I was merely disputing the "fact" that he is terrible unless he has a running game. Matter of fact Mariota had 3 games this year with a passer rating of 100 or better. In two of those games he got absolutely nothing from his RBs.

It appears I'm in the minority; however, if someone came up to me today and said bfine we're making you GM of the new Louisville Distillers NFL football team and you get to pick 1 QB to build around: Andy Dalton or Marcus Mariota, I might not easily say Andy Dalton 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears I'm in the minority; however, if someone came up to me today and said bfine we're making you GM of the new Louisville Distillers NFL football team and you get to pick 1 QB to build around: Andy Dalton or Marcus Mariota, I might not easily say Andy Dalton 

Mariota was injured this year, so he is better than the humbers he posted this season, but I still don't see him as as good of a passer as Dalton.

If you judge a QB based just on his first two seasons then you end up commiting to guys like Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, or RG3.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I remember:

Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Derick Carr
Marcus Mariota
Philip Rivers
Ben Rothlesberger
Alex Smith
Jameis Winston
Dak Prescott
Matt Stafford
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Carson Wentz
Kirk Cousins

I will admit I was wrong on Carr and Mariota as I thought each would do much better this year.

Now I think the real hoot would be if the top 10 folks listed 7 of those that they thought Andy was better than.  

So much for no longer derailing the thread.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mariota was injured this year, so he is better than the humbers he posted this season, but I still don't see him as as good of a passer as Dalton.

If you judge a QB based just on his first two seasons then you end up commiting to guys like Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Vince Young, or RG3.

Sorta hard to judge a QB on anything other than his first 2 season if he has only played 2 seasons. 

Who would you take if I told you that you could have Andy or Carson Wentz?

WTS:

Sanchez has passer ratings of 73.9 and 83 his first 2 years

Freeman had a passer rating of 59.8 his first year

Young had passer ratings of 66.7 and 77.1 his first 2 years

RG3 is the only one comparable to Mariota, but it appears injury has taken its toll. 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:32 PM)McC Wrote: So much for no longer derailing the thread.

Well I did try to abstain until AVP was announced, but as I said on Friday you guys are just too entertaining.  

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I did try to abstain until AVP was announced, but as I said on Friday you guys are just too entertaining.  

Then why complain about it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:45 PM)McC Wrote: Then why complain about it?

As I said AVP has been selected to be out QB coach. Thread is dead except for entertainment purposes only. 

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who would you take if I told you that you could have Andy or Carson Wentz?

Dalton.  If he had played for the Eagles this year he would have put up better numbers than Wentz.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton.  If he had played for the Eagles this year he would have put up better numbers than Wentz.

That sounds made up. 

But I do appreciate your giving a straight answer. Silly, but straight.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That sounds made up. 

But I do appreciate your giving a straight answer. Silly, but straight.

Nick Foles just posted a 100+ passer rating against the Falcons playing for that offense.

Nick Sudfeld (who?) posted a 90.9 passer rating playing in that offense this year.

Not silly to imagin Dalton putting up better numbers than those guys and Wentz.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nick Foles just posted a 100+ passer rating against the Falcons playing for that offense.

Nick Sudfeld (who?) posted a 90.9 passer rating playing in that offense this year.

Absolutely noting at all that would suggest Andy wouldn't have posted a 100+ passer rating in a playoff game versus the Falcons

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Absolutely noting at all that would suggest Andy wouldn't have posted a 100+ passer rating in a playoff game versus the Falcons

So we agree.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So we agree.

Yes Fred, you and I agree that if I were starting an NFL team today I'd take Andy Dalton over Carson Wentz.*

*Just in case the irony doesn't speak for itself; I'd take Wentz,

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Nick Foles just posted a 100+ passer rating against the Falcons playing for that offense.

Damn, that offense is carrying Foles again this week. 

Reply/Quote