Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Stewart explains why it's so important for Congress to renew the Zadroga Act
...the Zadroga Act for 9/11 first responders.

Watch at the link:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/5xvbon/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-jon-stewart-calls-out-mitch-mcconnell
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Oh well if Jon Stewart says so.....

(full disclosure, whether or not I agree with anything I still hate Jon Stewart)
(12-08-2015, 02:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh well if Jon Stewart says so.....

(full disclosure, whether or not I agree with anything I still hate Jon Stewart)

Fair enough.  But give it a listen / watch please.
I think it goes without saying that both Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan are praying for the families of the victims. So they got that goin' for 'em.
(12-08-2015, 02:38 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Oh well if Jon Stewart says so.....

Genuinely curious as to why.  I can relate to that sentiment with other figures.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-08-2015, 05:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Genuinely curious as to why.  I can relate to that sentiment with other figures.

I never found him funny. He got less funny when he started to believe his own hype. 
He's a comedian who makes the occasional good point, he's treated and thinks he is some sort of political guru because stoned college kids enjoyed his show. 
(12-08-2015, 06:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I never found him funny. He got less funny when he started to believe his own hype. 
He's a comedian who makes the occasional good point, he's treated and thinks he is some sort of political guru because stoned college kids enjoyed his show. 

I think his audience encompasses more than stoned college kids, but when said that I got the feeling that some pundit accused Jon Stewart's audience of being "stoned college kids" before.  It just rings a bell, is all.
(12-08-2015, 06:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think his audience encompasses more than stoned college kids, but when said that I got the feeling that some pundit accused Jon Stewart's audience of being "stoned college kids" before.  It just rings a bell, is all.

[Image: cfb.jpg]
(12-08-2015, 06:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think his audience encompasses more than stoned college kids, but when said that I got the feeling that some pundit accused Jon Stewart's audience of being "stoned college kids" before.  It just rings a bell, is all.

Personal experience in college in Stewart's heyday tells me otherwise.
(12-08-2015, 08:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Personal experience in college in Stewart's heyday tells me otherwise.

My personal experience conflicts with yours.  I guess we either reached an impasse OR everyone I know managed to start chronically smoking weed and go back to college and/or regress in age some 15 years without telling me.
(12-08-2015, 10:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My personal experience conflicts with yours.  I guess we either reached an impasse OR everyone I know managed to start chronically smoking weed and go back to college and/or regress in age some 15 years without telling me.

I never recalled saying you did that or all his fans did. But they were the ones who took him incredibly seriously and thought he was a genius of political thought. He bought the hype. 
(12-09-2015, 01:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I never recalled saying you did that or all his fans did. But they were the ones who took him incredibly seriously and thought he was a genius of political thought. He bought the hype. 

I don't consider myself a dope, but I think he presents politics with more logical thought and explanation (and panache) than many of the politicians and pundits we're supposed to take seriously.