Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jon Toth-Center
UK's starting center.... 6'5" 310 nasty. Ranked 5th best center in the draft, I think he's probably 2nd best. He's the real deal. I hope the Bengals have this guy on their radar, he's projected to go in the 4th round. Hopefully, they can snag him and not let him get away like they did with Bud Dupree.....
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: UK's starting center.... 6'5" 310 nasty. Ranked 5th best center in the draft, I think he's probably 2nd best. He's the real deal. I hope the Bengals have this guy on their radar, he's projected to go in the 4th round. Hopefully, they can snag him and not let him get away like they did with Bud Dupree.....

I would say he's third best behind elflien and dude from West Virginia forget his name but yeah if we can get him in the fourth would be all for drafting 2 center with elflien in the second and Roth in the fourth we need a center if we bust on one the other could boom.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 12:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: UK's starting center.... 6'5" 310 nasty. Ranked 5th best center in the draft, I think he's probably 2nd best. He's the real deal. I hope the Bengals have this guy on their radar, he's projected to go in the 4th round. Hopefully, they can snag him and not let him get away like they did with Bud Dupree.....

Sounds great to me. Thanks for the name, have only heard Elfein's name yet and Pocic who is 6'7"

Seems a little tall for a Center, 6'5" isn't so bad.

Need to have a Center thread so we can analyze them all. I like that you say Toth is nasty.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  I like that you say Toth is nasty.

And, by all accounts is very smart and gets the line in correct protections....
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, by all accounts is very smart and gets the line in correct protections....

Smart is a critical piece... and seems to be what is missing with Bodine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Toth seems like an interesting prospect. NFL.com's Chad Reuter had this to say about him.

For the first time in a while, Kentucky is relevant in the SEC East, partially due to Toth. He’s tall for his position at 6-5, 310 pounds in the pivot, but Toth usually won the leverage battle against Missouri’s shorter, strong defensive tackles on Saturday, though he’ll need to play with knee bend more consistently to anchor against NFL-caliber players. He was impressive in his ability to stay with his block through the whistle and keep his feet alive and hands engaged. Toth also moved well to linebackers, keeping his balance on the move while not overreaching. A technically sound, intelligent leader, I expect Toth to be an NFL starter one day.

Seems like he has the perfect frame to also play G, if needed to.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 04:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And, by all accounts is very smart and gets the line in correct protections....

Awesome.

(12-29-2016, 01:55 PM)3wt Wrote: Smart is a critical piece... and seems to be what is missing with Bodine.

Sure is. At times Bodine is just not prepared.

(12-29-2016, 02:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Toth seems like an interesting prospect.  NFL.com's Chad Reuter had this to say about him.

For the first time in a while, Kentucky is relevant in the SEC East, partially due to Toth. He’s tall for his position at 6-5, 310 pounds in the pivot, but Toth usually won the leverage battle against Missouri’s shorter, strong defensive tackles on Saturday, though he’ll need to play with knee bend more consistently to anchor against NFL-caliber players. He was impressive in his ability to stay with his block through the whistle and keep his feet alive and hands engaged. Toth also moved well to linebackers, keeping his balance on the move while not overreaching. A technically sound, intelligent leader, I expect Toth to be an NFL starter one day.

Seems like he has the perfect frame to also play G, if needed to.

Alright, i am getting sold on Toth. Sounds just what we need. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome.

Sure is. At times Bodine is just not prepared.

Alright, i am getting sold on Toth. Sounds just what we need. :andy:

I'm still big on Elfline, but honestly there are others out there that might be just as good a fit with the team.  I just happened to have watched every OSU game, and knew the most about Elfline, and was comfortable vouching for his talents.  Basically, what I'm looking for in a Center prospect is a large bodied, aggressive run blocker who can handle a 3-4 NT one on one.

We'll all learn much more about all of the draft prospects as bowl season continues, scouting reports come out, etc. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm still big on Elfline, but honestly there are others out there that might be just as good a fit with the team.  I just happened to have watched every OSU game, and knew the most about Elfline, and was comfortable vouching for his talents.  Basically, what I'm looking for in a Center prospect is a large bodied, aggressive run blocker who can handle a 3-4 NT one on one.

We'll all learn much more about all of the draft prospects as bowl season continues, scouting reports come out, etc. 

For sure i like Elfein a lot as well. Sounds like Toth has much longer arms though to disengage easier.

I think this is the earliest i have ever started thinking about the draft since our 4 win season.

Happens when you don't make the playoffs i guess. But that is why i love football interesting stuff trying
to guess who will be a future Bengal. Already getting talked out of my earlier prospect in Barnett, Just have
to keep learning.
Reply/Quote
Might not have a choice but to pick him. I dont think Pocic or Elfein will be there in Rd 2. Last year 5 Centers went in the first 3 rounds, 2 in the top 50. BTW the kids name in WV is Orlosky, who I think should be our plan B.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 04:20 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Might not have a choice but to pick him. I dont think Pocic or Elfein will be there in Rd 2. Last year 5 Centers went in the first 3 rounds, 2 in the top 50. BTW the kids name in WV is Orlosky, who I think should be our plan B.

I honestly would be fine taking orlosky in 3 elflien in 2 we need a center draft 2 bc elflien was a 2 time all American at guard if z leaves we can play him there and orlosky at center as a plan b.( I realize this is extreme just sick of seeing our center giving up sacks to a backpedaling de)
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see Toth in stripes. Early in the season when Kentucky was really in the toilet, there were games where it seemed that he was the only guy that came to play. In the Florida game he was a beast as the rest of the group absolutely melted down after the first offensive series. The Gators line is no joke, either.
Reply/Quote
Their bowl begins at 11. I trust that plenty of y'all will be watching and updating. I won't be able to see most of it, got stuff to do to get ready for New Year's festivities.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote