Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Trade Mock
So, I traded Jonah to the Lions to increase the draft position in several rounds.
Results were fairly decent, although I'm so-so with Bergeron competing for RT.
To be fair though there was only one tackle available above Bergeron in the 2nd.

PFN:

18. Bijan Robinson-RB Texas

74. Sam LaPorta-TE Iowa

92. Matthew Bergeron-OT Syracuse

98. Kyu Blu Kelly-CB Stanford

131. Luke Schoonmaker-TE Michigan

140. Isaiah Land-EDGE Florida A&M

152. Moro Ojomo-DT Texas

194. Deuce Vaughn-RB Kansas State

246. Jalen Redmond-DT Oklahoma
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 04:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, I traded Jonah to the Lions to increase the draft position in several rounds.
To be fair though there was only one tackle available above Bergeron in the 2nd.

PFN:

74. Sam LaPorta-TE Iowa

152. Moro Ojomo-DT Texas

Robinson, LaPorta, Bergeron, and Schoonmaker? I would be happy with that draft regardless of the other picks.
I will be curious to see what potential compensation the Bengals could get for Jonah on/before draft day if it happens.
What made you trade with the Lions? Why would they want a 1-year rental in Jonah when they have Sewell and Taylor Decker?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Robinson, LaPorta, Bergeron, and Schoonmaker? I would be happy with that draft regardless of the other picks.
I will be curious to see what potential compensation the Bengals could get for Jonah on/before draft day if it happens.
What made you trade with the Lions? Why would they want a 1-year rental in Jonah when they have Sewell and Taylor Decker?
Really, it was just on a whim, considering they had so many picks. I don't see why they'd actually do it.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 04:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: So, I traded Jonah to the Lions to increase the draft position in several rounds.

PFN:

74. Sam LaPorta-TE Iowa

152. Moro Ojomo-DT Texas

Hey, love the Draft big time. All the players are guys I already liked. Just doubt it is the Lions we trade Jonah to.

Bijan, Laporta, Bergeron, Schoonmaker and Deuce? Damn our Offense would be stacked! I like Ojomo from what I saw of him last 
year, big dude. Haven't seen Land or Redmond play? But nice Mock Rotobeast.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, love the Draft big time. All the players are guys I already liked. Just doubt it is the Lions we trade Jonah to.

Bijan, Laporta, Bergeron, Schoonmaker and Deuce? Damn our Offense would be stacked! I like Ojomo from what I saw of him last 
year, big dude. Haven't seen Land or Redmond play? But nice Mock Rotobeast.

Goodberry is high on Redmond .
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 12:28 AM)pulses Wrote: Goodberry is high on Redmond .

I can see a team pouncing on Redmond well before the 7th round, if anything for his athleticism alone.
He's kind of a tweener right now, and he never quite lived up to his potential in college.
At the Combine, he weighed 291, but he was categorized as a DE and thus being compared with other edge guys to calculate RAS.
But he ran a 4.81 and put up a 7.30 cone, which is pretty good for a 290+ lb guy.

For comparison, Geno Atkins was about the same size (293 lb).
He ran a 4.85 and put up a 7.33 cone, which are both near the top when comparing to DTs.
Redmond's vert and broad were also similar to Geno's.

I could honestly see Redmond being selected in Rd 4 or Rd 5, and he could be turned into a Geno-lite.

EDIT - When converting Redmond's RAS to DT instead of DE, he rates a 9.72, which is damn near perfect.
Top-tier in every athletic drill, the only knocks when compared to DTs are height and weight.
But as we've seen with more and more DTs the past couple decades, sub-300 lb guys can still be effective.
And just like Atkins did once he got to the NFL, Redmond couple still bulk up some and get to 300 lbs, becoming an ideal IDL pass rushing threat.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 12:28 AM)pulses Wrote: Goodberry is high on Redmond .

Good to know, from Oklahoma as well. They put out good DL.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can see a team pouncing on Redmond well before the 7th round, if anything for his athleticism alone.
He's kind of a tweener right now, and he never quite lived up to his potential in college.
At the Combine, he weighed 291, but he was categorized as a DE and thus being compared with other edge guys to calculate RAS.
But he ran a 4.81 and put up a 7.30 cone, which is pretty good for a 290+ lb guy.

For comparison, Geno Atkins was about the same size (293 lb).
He ran a 4.85 and put up a 7.33 cone, which are both near the top when comparing to DTs.
Redmond's vert and broad were also similar to Geno's.

I could honestly see Redmond being selected in Rd 4 or Rd 5, and he could be turned into a Geno-lite.

EDIT - When converting Redmond's RAS to DT instead of DE, he rates a 9.72, which is damn near perfect.
Top-tier in every athletic drill, the only knocks when compared to DTs are height and weight.
But as we've seen with more and more DTs the past couple decades, sub-300 lb guys can still be effective.
And just like Atkins did once he got to the NFL, Redmond couple still bulk up some and get to 300 lbs, becoming an ideal IDL pass rushing threat.

His production is good enough and he has some good moves, i expect him to to gone by before round 5 is over.
He made most of his sacks in 2020 from the Edge. 
Then in 21 and 22 he was primarily A/B gap run stuffer. So less sacks expected, but still some some pressures/hurries in there.

So listing him as an Edge isn't really right, he's a DT plain and simple. As you said, his RAS is damn good for a DT with height/weight being the negs. Can't fix height, but can add 10-15 lbs and put him in the B gap which was his primary responsibility at OU.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals trade Jonah to Jacksonville and swap picks with them in the first and second round.

1. Michael Mayer ND
2. Mathew Bergeron OT Syracuse
3. Darius Rush CB South Carolina
4. K J Henry DE Clemson
5. Jalen Redmond DT Oklahoma
6. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA
7. Xazavian Valladay RB Arizona
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I did several draft simulations on Pro Football Draft and got some great first rounders
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2023, 08:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the Bengals trade Jonah to Jacksonville and swap picks with them in the first and second round.

1. Michael Mayer ND
2. Mathew Bergeron OT Syracuse
3. Darius Rush CB South Carolina
4. K J Henry DE Clemson
5. Jalen Redmond DT Oklahoma
6. Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA
7. Xazavian Valladay RB Arizona

Why would JAX be interested in Jonah?
Cam Robinson is better at LT, arguably.
Unless you were thinking they would put Jonah at RT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 04:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why would JAX be interested in Jonah?
Cam Robinson is better at LT, arguably.
Unless you were thinking they would put Jonah at RT.

Wink

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 11:50 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wink

I mean I guess for RT, but he's already stated he doesn't wanna play RT.
If he's gonna play RT, may as well do it for the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I mean I guess for RT, but he's already stated he doesn't wanna play RT.
If he's gonna play RT, may as well do it for the Bengals.

You got me. I’m confused as well.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You got me. I’m confused as well.

Ahh. Now I see where you're going.
Not that you think it makes sense, but you think (know?) it will happen.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

PFN:

74. Sam LaPorta-TE Iowa

152. Moro Ojomo-DT Texas

This would make me very happy. Good job.
Reply/Quote