Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jonah Williams
The Offense of line was not cohesive but out of all of the offense of linemen, I think Jonah Williams looked slow and was a huge disappointment. Clearly not football ready don't know if the shoulder was still in some way bothering him but Jonah really needs to get it together or it will not be long Joe will be hurt again...

Is it possible to consider La'el Collins for the left tackle position? he is massive in size just to buy some time for Joe on the back side...
Reply/Quote
No....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:37 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Offence of line was not cohesive but out of all of the offence of linemen, I think Jonah Williams looked slow and was a huge disappointment.  Clearly not football ready don't know if the shoulder was still in some way bothering him but Jonah really needs to get it together or it will not be long Joe will be hurt again...

Is it possible to consider La'el Collins for the left tackle position? he is massive in size just to buy some time for Joe on the back side...

Collins didn't exactly have a great day, either.  Honestly, I get all of the concern about the OL, but I saw nothing that continued reps together won't fix.  That was the unit's first live action of the season, first time taking the field together, with 80% of them not being on the team last year.  There's going to be some issues while those guys get used to playing together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:37 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Offence of line was not cohesive but out of all of the offence of linemen, I think Jonah Williams looked slow and was a huge disappointment.  Clearly not football ready don't know if the shoulder was still in some way bothering him but Jonah really needs to get it together or it will not be long Joe will be hurt again...

Collins hasn't played LT in 7 years. At LSU he only played LT for 1 year.
Reply/Quote
You can't just swap tackles. This isn't Madden. The footwork is totally different.

The interior guys...like Guards...maybe can be swapped. But, even that is a big ask.
Reply/Quote
Why? Right Tackle is just as important as Left Tackle in the modern age NFL. I mean we just seen a game where the Right Tackle had to go against the reigning DPOY.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Why? Right Tackle is just as important as Left Tackle in the modern age NFL. I mean we just seen a game where the Right Tackle had to go against the reigning DPOY.

Isn’t Collins going to be the one dealing with Parsons this week, too?

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Isn’t Collins going to be the one dealing with Parsons this week, too?

Maybe some reps they like to move him around as a blitzer and pass rusher but he's actually their weak side stack backer. Collins will be seeing another solid edge guy DeMarcus Lawrence.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:37 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Offense of line was not cohesive but out of all of the offense of linemen, I think Jonah Williams looked slow and was a huge disappointment.  Clearly not football ready don't know if the shoulder was still in some way bothering him but Jonah really needs to get it together or it will not be long Joe will be hurt again...

Was more disappointed with Williams than anyone else on the OL this game.

Volson pretty much looked like any rookie guard not called Quenton Nelson would look like .vs. Heyward.  Karras and Cappa were pretty solid, Collins was not great but he had not got a lot of training time plus Watt is Watt.

Bearing in mind the merry go round we have had with the OLine absolutely no need to swap...add him to the list of people who looked rusty and not up to speed week 1
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:37 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Is it possible to consider La'el Collins for the left tackle position? he is massive in size just to buy some time for Joe on the back side...

Remember the first time the Bengals were on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown suggested moving a DT who was most likely going to get cut to TE to see if he could do it? And remember how everyone rightfully shit on MB for that?

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:08 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Remember the first time the Bengals were on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown suggested moving a DT who was most likely going to get cut to TE to see if he could do it? And remember how everyone rightfully shit on MB for that?

Whatever

It was a DE.  And it was cause we were completely out of TEs for that days practice.

Remember how everyone mis remembers those events.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 11:08 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Remember the first time the Bengals were on Hard Knocks and Mike Brown suggested moving a DT who was most likely going to get cut to TE to see if he could do it? And remember how everyone rightfully shit on MB for that?

Whatever

I mentioned this about Jonah Williams last year,the only reason he is still playing is he is Zacs boy. I have often said he gets beat ALOT and I just believe he struggels against elite D players.He would need to get stronger and biggers,which is not going to happen.I would put Max Sharping in there and allow him to practice this week.Williams will struggle all year and he got Burrow sacked a lot last year and again sunday. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
Haven't been impressed with Jonah since his first donned The Stripes.
Looks slow as was mentioned, and he gets beat way too often for a LT.
I'd go as far to call him slightly below average.
The Bengals should take the highest rated LT in next year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Collins didn't exactly have a great day, either.  Honestly, I get all of the concern about the OL, but I saw nothing that continued reps together won't fix.  That was the unit's first live action of the season, first time taking the field together, with 80% of them not being on the team last year.  There's going to be some issues while those guys get used to playing together.

Spot on. Jonah, Cordell and La'el had a rough game and this shouldn't surprise anyone in their first action playing 
together against a very good Stealer DL. Karras and Cappa played pretty great from what I saw though which was 
awesome to see. All these guys will get better as the season goes on.

(09-13-2022, 10:05 AM)TheFan Wrote: Collins hasn't played LT in 7 years. At LSU he only played LT for 1 year.

True, not a good idea at all.
Reply/Quote
The Offense Of Line is a hilarious way to spell it

Our Quart Tur Back really had a few bad throws

The Why Did Receive Her's also had some drops

The guys on Dee Fence played very well
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:51 PM)ATOTR Wrote: The Offense Of Line is a hilarious way to spell it

Our Quart Tur Back really had a few bad throws

The Why Did Receive Her's also had some drops

The guys on Dee Fence played very well

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Going back and watching the game again, the line wasn't nearly as bad as people think. Karras and Cappa were very consistent overall and had very solid games. Jonah had a handful of rough reps, but overall played better than what many are thinking. Collins was up and down, but was really solid in the 4th quarter. He looked rusty and spent too much time on the ground in the 1st half, but he also had some really outstanding reps mixed in there. Volson had a rough day as a whole, but if you watch every rep he had, there's also reason for optimism with him. His negative reps were the story, but man...there were some nice ones in there too, especially in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Collins didn't exactly have a great day, either.  Honestly, I get all of the concern about the OL, but I saw nothing that continued reps together won't fix.  That was the unit's first live action of the season, first time taking the field together, with 80% of them not being on the team last year.  There's going to be some issues while those guys get used to playing together.

It's going to take a couple more games to get it all together. Hopefully though we'll see a much improved Oline next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 01:00 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I mentioned this about Jonah Williams last year,the only reason he is still playing is he is Zacs boy. I have often said he gets beat ALOT and I just believe he struggels against elite D players.He would need to get stronger and biggers,which is not going to happen.I would put Max Sharping in there and allow him to practice this week.Williams will struggle all year and he got Burrow sacked a lot last year and again sunday. Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Is this a joke that went over my head or do you really think Jonah is only still playing because he is "Zacs boy"? 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:37 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: The Offense of line was not cohesive but out of all of the offense of linemen, I think Jonah Williams looked slow and was a huge disappointment.  Clearly not football ready don't know if the shoulder was still in some way bothering him but Jonah really needs to get it together or it will not be long Joe will be hurt again...

No

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote