Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams
Been a huge disappointment and liability. Now Defenses are rotating their line against us to put Jonah into 1 on 1 pass rushing situations against their best pass rusher and Jonah is failing miserably. I hope we never pick top 10 ever again because we are stuck with poor NFL player taking up a roster spot and playing time over better options.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 01:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Been a huge disappointment and liability. Now Defenses are rotating their line against us to put Jonah into 1 on 1 pass rushing situations against their best pass rusher and Jonah is failing miserably. I hope we never pick top 10 ever again because we are stuck with poor NFL player taking up a roster spot and playing time over better options.

I definitely think we should be looking for a RT in round 1 this coming draft.  Jonah is OK, but for the money he'll be asking for, he needs to be better than he is.  Oddly enough, I thought he was doing better prior to the Steelers game.  Could be many things that factor into it, though.  Watt could be exposing Jonah for what he doesn't do well, Jonah could be playing hurt, who knows.  

OR, it could be that our defense literally gave up 14 points in like 10 seconds, and the whole team was feeling like world beaters based on that.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 02:02 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I definitely think we should be looking for a RT in round 1 this coming draft.  Jonah is OK, but for the money he'll be asking for, he needs to be better than he is.  Oddly enough, I thought he was doing better prior to the Steelers game.  Could be many things that factor into it, though.  Watt could be exposing Jonah for what he doesn't do well, Jonah could be playing hurt, who knows.  

OR, it could be that our defense literally gave up 14 points in like 10 seconds, and the whole team was feeling like world beaters based on that.  

Is it known what he's looking for? Or are you making assumptions?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is it known what he's looking for? Or are you making assumptions?

sorry, I should have qualified that.  Just what I assume he'll be looking for.  I think playing RT this year in some ways made him "more valuable" in terms of versatility.  Some team will pay.....
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 01:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Been a huge disappointment and liability. Now Defenses are rotating their line against us to put Jonah into 1 on 1 pass rushing situations against their best pass rusher and Jonah is failing miserably. I hope we never pick top 10 ever again because we are stuck with poor NFL player taking up a roster spot and playing time over better options.

I expected him to continue to be bad, and he's continued to be bad, so it is hard for me to say he's been a disappointment, same thought pattern I had with Nick Scott. Just managed to meet my incredibly low expectations.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 1.18.47 PM

Reply/Quote
Bring in Eluemunor in FA or Draft Fuaga is my vote. Jonah is just falling off as the grades Casear provided show.
Reply/Quote
Theres a new thread on a different guy each week.... we have to keep some of these guys.

I personally still think it's on Pollack.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 03:44 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Theres a new thread on a different guy each week.... we have to keep some of these guys.

I personally still think it's on Pollack.

yep definitely on pollock... 3 years completely new line same crappy results
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yep definitely on pollock... 3 years completely new line same crappy results

I hate to agree.  I only hate to because I was so excited when we moved on from Zac's first hire and went back to Pollack.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yep definitely on pollock... 3 years completely new line same crappy results

Sad because I thought he would be our offensive line cornerstone and he'd always be able to get the best out of our line but he's just been bad.
Reply/Quote
Their is blame to go around obviously but the other 4 lineman are getting the Job done week in and week out at least the last 8 weeks or so Volson has stepped up his game remarkably Jonah's play has taken a nose dive lately. I don't know if 1 player performing awful if it is fair to blame Pollack. If it was 2 or 3 players or the entire line like in seasons past that would be fair.
Reply/Quote
Jonah has been a good starter all year

His worst games are against TJ Watt

At what point do you just let that go?

If he stayed for like 7-8M I’d be all over that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 05:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Jonah has been a good starter all year

What team have you been watchin Awful against every team in division bad against Vikings and Titans. He was good to ok Against 49ers and Jags and maybe Cards and Ok against Texans. I'm not sure he is a better RT against 31 other right tackles today.
Reply/Quote
They are going to either have to go free agency for RT or DT. You can't fill every hole in the draft this year - especially holes as big as those.

Personally I'd rather have a vet at RT and rookie at DT since RT is more important in protecting Burrow. Could be slim pickings in FA for RT though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 05:52 PM)Housh Wrote: Jonah has been a good starter all year

Against TJ Watt in a game where they got down big early.  Plus they couldn't run the ball to begin with.  Very few OTs would not have been sitting ducks in that situation.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 05:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Their is blame to go around obviously but the other 4 lineman are getting the Job done week in and week out at least the last 8 weeks or so Volson has stepped up his game remarkably Jonah's play has taken a nose dive lately. I don't know if 1 player performing awful if it is fair to blame Pollack. If it was 2 or 3 players or the entire line like in seasons past that would be fair.

I was hating on Pollack myself, but this is fair. Orlando Brown Jr hasn't been playing great with all the pressures but the interior has been 
much better lately especially Karras and Volson. Jonah has been terrible though and kind of unfair to blame it all on Pollack while others have
improved. I still am open to a new OL coach, but he has taken me off of the must fire Pollack train for now.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I think Jonah will want to see if somebody lets him compete to be LT and it’s time to part ways. He has been OK but I don’t want another “technician” at RT.
Give me a physical specimen like Latham from Alabama.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 11:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Give me a physical specimen like Latham from Alabama.

Alabama OL just don't seem to work out, I am out on them. Obviously PFF aren't be-all-end-all, but I am just doing a fast-and-loose generalization....

2023 3rd, Tyler Steen: 53.2 (Backup)
2022 1st, Evan Neal: 39.8
2021 1st, Alex Leatherwood: --.- (Practice Squad)
2021 2nd, Landon Dickerson: 69.2 
2021 6th, Deonte Brown: --.- (Practice Squad)
2020 1st, Jedrick Willis: 54.0
2019 1st, Jonah Williams: 59.7
2019 5th, Ross Pierschbacher: --.- (Free Agent)

...that's the last 5 years of Alabama OL who have been drafted. Dickerson would be a solid get, but that's 4 guys taken in the 1st round who have not lived up to billing. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

OBJ has allowed 20 more pressures than Williams this year, according to PFF. Just sayin'.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote