Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams Will Upgrade LT
(03-31-2020, 01:49 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Price did have concerns. Ross had bigger concerns. Ogbuehi had big concerns also.

As far as Jonah is concerns, these guys both say the injury may have occurred at Alabama. Giving credence to this is the fact that he barely even took a snap last OTA, not even contact.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/26/jonah-williams-injury-nfl-doctor-provides-insight/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/pfd-jonah-williams-shoulder-injury-bengals-labrum-brace-story.html - Jonah Williams' shoulder injury likely predates time with Bengals

I'm not saying taking Jonah was the wrong thing to do, but the Bengals do have a tendency to disregard injuries in the draft. At least lately.

Never heard of this, thanks Chris. This is true about the others, I think taking Jonah will be worth it in the long run.

With Ross, he wasn't injured at the time but he definitely had injury concerns coming out with his knee injuries.

I like Laviska Shenault a ton but he has these concerns as well. I don't take him at 33 for this very reason.

I am sick of hoping a player stays healthy cause it just hasn't happened man.
Reply/Quote
I sense some misconstruement, murkinization, and flabbergastation in regards to just what it is that I was trying to say and the related semantics.  I'm not going to argue about whether or not Ross's 4 year production was rich or lean for a 9th overall pick.  I'm not going to argue about whether or not Jonah Williams's shoulder should have been flagged as a bigger concern or not.  There are facts out there roaming the prairie of objective reality that may support these assertions, but arguing about it sounds about as fun as eating glass. 

I do not dislike Price, Williams, Ross, or any of these first round dudes who as of yet haven’t been able to stay on the field - not as players and certainly not as people.  I wish them all success beyond their wildest dreams both on the field and off.  I wish them, their friends, and their families to have happy, healthy, productive, and fruitful lives.  I just have a hard time wrapping my head around how a team can draft so many first round prospects, whiff on them, and claim to have conducted their processes perfectly, or to just be a victim of “bad luck.”  It is what it is at this point – hopefully all of these guys go out there and shut guys like me the F*** up.
Anyhow, let us remember what brings us together as Bengal fans!  We like to watch our team play well and we like to watch them WIN!  We like to watch them make plays!  We live vicariously through them on Sundays - it makes us feel alive!  Big stuffs!  First downs!  Turnovers!  Competition!  Sportsmanship!  Win or lose, we are all in this together! 
I feel that it is in order to cut the tension in the air and to celebrate our fandom!  In order to get us pumped up and whip ourselves into a FANDOM FRENZY, I have decided to share with you all some video content(some may even say that it is EXCLUSIVE video content, privy to insiders and ultra-hardcore fans only!)  Are you ready to get PUMPED UP with me fellow Bengal fans?!!?!?!  LET'S F*****G GO!

Here we have an EXCLUSIVE video of Billy Price working out in the offseason.  He conducts this GRUELING endeavor in order to get himself into tippy top Steeler-eating shape:

via GIFER

Here we see one of Jonah Williams’s finest highlights from college.  Man oh man, what an edge!  The savviness to not draw a flag! :

via GIPHY

And here we have both Billy Price’s and Jonah Williams’s reactions from home upon reading this thread:

via GIPHY

Or is that Matt Light and Joe Thomas?  Sometimes I can’t tell the difference  Ninja
Reply/Quote