Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams and OL update
Bobby Hart-knee out for Tennessee
Trey Hopkins- concussion-day to day..must clear protocal
XSF- will be evaluated after the bye

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Glad it's not serious. We need Jonah to continue to develop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Imagine a season where the Bengals actually aren't swamped injuries....
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing he hurt himself on that fumble
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:11 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm guessing he hurt himself on that fumble

Tweaked his neck watching Garrett fly by him lol
Reply/Quote
Us experts on the Board are about to get exposed (see a line minus Hart..... Wait, well that won't be new, but you know what I mean).

Will we be vindicated for calling for him to be benched. Or will we be wrong.

Regardless of the results it's good to see what we have in the bench players for future plans at the position.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Going to have to make some moves to get enough bodies in here for Tennessee. They should be good and angry after losing to pitt...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Tweaked his neck watching Garrett fly by him lol

That’s gold!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:46 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Going to have to make some moves to get enough bodies in here for Tennessee. They should be good and angry after losing to pitt...

Sign Spain and activate Sutherland.

Who is the backup center to Price is the biggest question.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 05:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Sign Spain and activate Sutherland.

Who is the backup center to Price is the biggest question.

Michael Jordan?  He played at center in 2018 at OSU

Reply/Quote
They'll hafta give Spain whatever he wants.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Imagine a season where the Bengals actually aren't swamped injuries....

That's been the excuse for 3 years now.

2018 - AJ and Dalton injured and team had a winning record before they both went down. That was the last time they've had a winning record.
2019 - AJ was lost for the season, Ross for half the season, Jonah for all the season.
2020 - Atkins missed the start of the year, Waynes for the whole season, Daniel for awhile, XSF since game 1, Reader since whatever game that was.

Still just a bunch of excuses from this franchise that continues to be ill prepared for an entire season of football. This is what happens when a team sucks in the draft and love bargain bin finds, both of which lead to little depth.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Tweaked his neck watching Garrett fly by him lol

I actually think he might have injured it on a TD saving tackle on that fumble. And NO FN WAY did that Brown recover it with possession in bounds.  Hubbard had the EXACT same play happen last year (I took a still picture of the TV and sent to the league) and it was not called a recovery.  This officiating is pathetic week after week.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 04:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Us experts on the Board are about to get exposed (see a line minus Hart..... Wait, well that won't be new, but you know what I mean).

Will we be vindicated for calling for him to be benched. Or will we be wrong.

Regardless of the results it's good to see what we have in the bench players for future plans at the position.

I was actually just thinking this haha. 

"Now we can see the line without Hart and find out for sure if the coaches truly are playing the best players."

I think Johnson played very well at LT. Makes me wonder if he just isn't suited for guard due to his height but is a talented tackle. But this is just anecdotal evidence. I didn't watch all of his snaps or anything. We just didn't have guys running free off the left side. That may have been for other reasons (like if we put tight ends and RBs over there more often or something).
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 06:02 PM)pally Wrote: Michael Jordan?  He played at center in 2018 at OSU

Sutherland played C in TC and PS, last year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sad for Hart, has been playing well at tackle of late.. hope he comes back healthy after bye
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 06:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They'll hafta give Spain whatever he wants.

He can't make a difference this week, as he wouldn't be through the Covid protocol in time.  See the Leveon Bell situation.
Reply/Quote
Given a no where to go but up season... Getting some reps for adeniji so he can see NFL speed is a small positive.

Unless he gets Burrow killed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2020, 09:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He can't make a difference this week, as he wouldn't be through the Covid protocol in time.  See the Leveon Bell situation.

Bell didn't sign until the 17th.  He would have had to be ready in 24 hours to play on the 18th

Reply/Quote
This isnt about the OL injury update, but it was the same injury update and I didnt think it warranted a new thread.

In ZT's PC, he was also asked about the status of Waynes. He said he has no idea about Waynes status. I dont know, but I just dont like the sound of that. He was a big time FA signing for us, and was a little disgruntled while waiting for his contract signing. Then he just vanished into IR world, where it was supposed to be a couple months. Shouldnt that couple months be coming right up? I would think they should know more about one of their top FA's.
Reply/Quote