Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams "dinged up"
He apparently was injured last week and is not practicing until he is evaluated by the doctor. Zac said they don't know the extent of his injury. Not knowing Zac's definition of "dinged" it leaves a lot of room for nervous speculation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like he got hurt last week; Taylor won't confirm how bad the I I jury is until doctors get a full look at it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess this will be telling.

Used to, with Marvin, a "dinged up" high draft pick meant we wouldn't see him until the playoffs were out of the picture. I always wondered if that was Marvin, or the organization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And so our franchise tradition of losing our first round pick to injury before we get anything useful out of them may be continuing...
Reply/Quote
Evaluated by a doctor doesn't sound good. Given the injury took place last week.

If we go by the past, "dinged up" probably means he's done for the year.

Not a good start to minicamp.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Eh...I think it would have leaked if it was really bad.

But, that's probably why they signed Jerry. Glenn would shift back to Tackle.
Reply/Quote
Well, shit.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Cincy Jungle is speculating that it's a concussion because of the week long evaluation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 01:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Cincy Jungle is speculating that it's a concussion because of the week long evaluation.

Concussion, while not great news is also not terrible news.

How would he get a concussion in OTA's though as they don't wear pads?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Concussion, while not great news is also not terrible news.

How would he get a concussion in OTA's though as they don't wear pads?

concussion in no contact drills...

He must be like bill Goldberg.
Reply/Quote
Shh don't tell the league if it really is a concussion. That sounds like trouble.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 01:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: concussion in no contact drills...

He must be like bill Goldberg.

you can get a concussion by hitting the sled wrong or falling wrong with your head bouncing off the ground or in an accidental elbow to the head..even with no contact

Reply/Quote
Doesn't sound to serious else he would've been looked at immediately.
Reply/Quote
He's at practice with no outward (boot, crutches, sling, brace, bandages) sign of injury which does lead some credence to a potential concussion

Reply/Quote
Per Hobson twitter, with Jonah dinged up, Glenn back at LT and my boy Westerman at LG!
https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/1138493569759666178?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:12 PM)pally Wrote: He's at practice with no outward (boot, crutches, sling, brace, bandages) sign of injury which does lead some credence to a potential concussion

or just caution..... playing it safe for mini camp.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 01:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Concussion, while not great news is also not terrible news.

Carlos Dunlap had a concussion in training camp his rookie season, and he got 9.5 sacks that year.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Per Hobson twitter, with Jonah dinged up, Glenn back at LT and my boy Westerman at LG!
https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/1138493569759666178?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Just a note about Westerman.  Lap was talking about him saying that when he was correctly following the playbook he is awesome.   The problem seems to be that he does not really have the playbook down...
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:47 PM)3wt Wrote: Just a note about Westerman.  Lap was talking about him saying that when he was correctly following the playbook he is awesome.   The problem seems to be that he does not really have the playbook down...

Have they even install the new offense?  Seems like it would be a work in progress for all of them at this point.

If he meant he struggled with the playbook last year that is not good.  2018 was his third season.
Reply/Quote
So our first round pick is cutting practices with no visible injury?

Sounds like a spoiled "Prima-Jonah" to me.
Reply/Quote