Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams "dinged up"
It sounded like he was waiting to be evaluated when ZT initially released the info...meaning he wasn't looked at yet. Likely nothing serious.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 12:08 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: My question is why all these screcets about this guy.The fans have a right to know WHAT is his injury.How not tell us and the public.I hate when they do this and not allow the fans to know what the crap is wrong with the guy.If he is requesting this I am already wondering whats up with this dude.We have a right to know the extend of his injury and it must be something that is going to keep him out awhile.I HAte when they do this.This reminds me of old marvins tricks.he would never tell us crap and I did not like him for that reason. :andy:

The team employs him, they do not own him. Should your employer release your medical history?

I get the frustration, but there are laws stopping the Bengals from releasing medical info.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The guy got injured in camp where they aren't wearing pads or doing physical things. I doubt the team wants to actually put that info out there as it looks bad.

I think the HIPAA thing is being overstated for sports. Teams put out injury info all the time. But, you don't have to do it until the season starts...so why do it?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: In this scenario, the team doctors are the health care providers.... 

I think Adam Schefter just screwed the pooch about getting any player to ever speak to him again in the NFL. If I were a player or coach and Schefter even so much as asked I played football I'd tell him to buzz off to put it extremely mildly. He'd be on the outside looking in forever. If I were a coach I might even prohibit my players from speaking to the guy or otherwise associating with him in any fashion whatsoever.

Quote:The balance became more complicated this week, when ESPN’s Adam Schefter not only reported that Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul was having a finger amputated but also posted on Twitter an image of the medical record. As noted by Bernie Augustine of the New York Daily Newsmultiple players reacted negatively to the release of a player’s medical records.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bump for all the posters that expected this and all the people that now can eat crow for denigrating those posters.
Reply/Quote
Jonah's condition has been upgraded from "dinged" to "damned".. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Jonah's condition has been upgraded from "dinged" to "damned".. 

It’s just a bone bruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 12:08 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: My question is why all these screcets about this guy.The fans have a right to know WHAT is his injury.How not tell us and the public.I hate when they do this and not allow the fans to know what the crap is wrong with the guy.If he is requesting this I am already wondering whats up with this dude.We have a right to know the extend of his injury and it must be something that is going to keep him out awhile.I HAte when they do this.This reminds me of old marvins tricks.he would never tell us crap and I did not like him for that reason. :andy:

No actually you do not have any right to know anything about the medical status of a player.
Reply/Quote
Fans: I want the truth!
Team: You can't handle the truth!!!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 04:49 PM)OSUfan Wrote: No actually you do not have any right to know anything about the medical status of a player.

Why do the Bengals announce it's a labrum tear then and that he had surgery?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why do the Bengals announce it's a labrum tear then and that he had surgery?

Ever heard of hipaa? I am sure the league has some agreement set up for the release of injury information but just because you are a fan does not give you the "right" to know the medical condition of anyone. Under the rules I would say that the player also would have to agree to the disclosure of the information.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 02:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Ever heard of hipaa? I am sure the league has some agreement set up for the release of injury information but just because you are a fan does not give you the "right" to know the medical condition of anyone. Under the rules I would say that the player also would have to agree to the disclosure of the information.

Well then there must be something allowing the Nfl and teams to release football related injury information because it happens a lot. Not to mention the weekly injury updates like probable, hand or questionable, knee for the betting lines.

What’s not released is non football medical info like player x has herpes or player y has high cholesterol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Thanks to the influence of gamblers nfl teams are required to release information about any injury that could affect the chances of a player playing in a game. Dont think it applies to offseason.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 02:51 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Ever heard of hipaa? I am sure the league has some agreement set up for the release of injury information but just because you are a fan does not give you the "right" to know the medical condition of anyone. Under the rules I would say that the player also would have to agree to the disclosure of the information.

HIPAA would apply to the doctor treating the injury, but not to a coach.  HIPAA also doesn't apply to Worker's Compensation injuries which occur on the job.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 08:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: HIPAA would apply to the doctor treating the injury, but not to a coach.  HIPAA also doesn't apply to Worker's Compensation injuries which occur on the job.

Everyone is like HIPAA! THE BENGALS DON'T HAVE TO DISCLOSE INJURY INFO...then Bam! It's announced Williams tore his labrum and is getting surgery. HIPAA violation!

I'm pretty sure that HIPAA doesn't apply to teams and players and it is likely in their contracts. Actually teams get in trouble if they don't release injury info during the season.

During the offseason, you aren't required to.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2019, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everyone is like HIPAA! THE BENGALS DON'T HAVE TO DISCLOSE INJURY INFO...then Bam! It's announced Williams tore his labrum and is getting surgery. HIPAA violation!

Williams may have authorized the release of the information.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2019, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Williams may have authorized the release of the information.

You would think people would realize it's just that easy. And no, HIPPA does not just apply to doctors, it applies to anyone who has the information legitimately. I have access to medical records at work as a Fraud Investigator, guess what, HIPPA applies to me too.....
Reply/Quote