Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams "dinged up"
They're not letting Williams talk:

Wednesday, reporters such as Laurel Pfahler of The Athletic noted Bengals PR wouldn’t let Williams field questions about the situation.

What reporters did get from Williams was limited. From Joe Kay of the Associated Press: ”’Just doing what I can right now,”’ said Williams, who occasionally stretched his back while watching practice in the afternoon.”

It doesn’t sound like Williams has been officially diagnosed with anything yet, which is a bit odd because the reports Tuesday made it sound like this has been going on for a week or so.
Reply/Quote
theres no reactions like over reactions
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One has to think the reason for all the secrecy is because the Bengals are worried of getting in trouble for doing something in practice they shouldn't have been.

Or, it could just be why give your opponents information they can exploit later this season? One of the things I liked about Marvin was he did not blab about injuries.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or, it could just be why give your opponents information they can exploit later this season? One of the things I liked about Marvin was he did not blab about injuries.

That caused a lot of fans to claim that the medical staff is incompetent though... Marvin Jones has the same injury that shelved Julio Jones the prior season... Why isn't Jones back yet? Our doctors suck. Marvin claims Burfict's got a pebble in his knee. In reality he just had micro fracture surgery... He recovered about as quickly as anyone ever had. Our doctors suck, and botched an arthroscopic surgery.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Could it be an old injury sustained at Bama? Maybe this is why he slid to us at 11? Other teams with scouts may have known before the draft but the Bengals were in the dark? You can't discount the stupidity factor when it comes to their FO.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Or, it could just be why give your opponents information they can exploit later this season? One of the things I liked about Marvin was he did not blab about injuries.

Exploit what? Teams are supposed to disclose injuries before games, they aren't allowed to hide it. But since there isn't a true game for 3 full months, there's no reason to be discreet about an injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 09:50 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm starting to see a similarity between Eifert and Jonah. Hmm

Actually Eifert played more games as a rookie than any first round pick we've taken since him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exploit what? Teams are supposed to disclose injuries before games, they aren't allowed to hide it. But since there isn't a true game for 3 full months, there's no reason to be discreet about an injury.

Tiger I have to agree! What's the big deal?

(Everybody thinks they're Bill Belichick)  Bang Head
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
So long as he hasn't been danged.  Being dinged is one thing, but if you're danged as well...well you just can't do that.  Dinged and danged and ding-dang-do.  Pardon my french, but that's no ding-dang-doodle-heiming joke!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually Eifert played more games as a rookie than any first round pick we've taken since him. 

Depressing facts of the day. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exploit what? Teams are supposed to disclose injuries before games, they aren't allowed to hide it. But since there isn't a true game for 3 full months, there's no reason to be discreet about an injury.

No, they have to disclose an injury list, they do not have to be specific about the injury. HIPPA rules still apply. When they say "undisclosed ailment", it is because the player has not signed off on making something public.
Reply/Quote
When they went in to remove the torso, they noticed some irregularities in his left ass cheek. It's going to have to be taken off as well.

So with both arms, ears, torso and l ass cheek all having been amputated, his status for the beginning of the season is now in doubt.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 11:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No, they have to disclose an injury list, they do not have to be specific about the injury. HIPPA rules still apply. When they say "undisclosed ailment", it is because the player has not signed off on making something public.

I don't believe that's fully true.
Per this thread (yes, it's reddit but it logically makes sense) - https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/8sew97/how_do_nfl_teams_avoid_disclosing_injuries/

Quote:According to the NFL injury report guidelines, teams have to be specific about injuries and levels of participation in practice on injury reports.

NFL injury reports only apply in-season. In the offseason they have no obligation to report the nature of injuries.

So then it sounds like it's in the middle of what we are both saying. Teams don't have to disclose the nature of injury in the offseason but MUST do so in the regular season.

And then there's this quote about HIPAA specifically...
Quote:Even though the HIPAA laws apply only to health-care providers, the mere existence of HIPAA has created a greater expectation among the public that medical records will be kept secret — even if the actual information contained in them is otherwise fair game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/10/disclosure-of-injury-information-continues-to-put-nfl-players-in-a-delicate-spot/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When they went in to remove the torso, they noticed some irregularities in his left ass cheek. It's going to have to be taken off as well.

So with both arms, ears, torso and l ass cheek all having been amputated, his status for the beginning of the season is now in doubt.

Well now we gotta' trade him.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 01:17 PM)pally Wrote: He apparently was injured last week and is not practicing until he is evaluated by the doctor.  Zac said they don't know the extent of his injury.  Not knowing Zac's definition of "dinged" it leaves a lot of room for nervous speculation

My question is why all these screcets about this guy.The fans have a right to know WHAT is his injury.How not tell us and the public.I hate when they do this and not allow the fans to know what the crap is wrong with the guy.If he is requesting this I am already wondering whats up with this dude.We have a right to know the extend of his injury and it must be something that is going to keep him out awhile.I HAte when they do this.This reminds me of old marvins tricks.he would never tell us crap and I did not like him for that reason. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 12:08 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: My question is why all these screcets about this guy.The fans have a right to know WHAT is his injury.How not tell us and the public.I hate when they do this and not allow the fans to know what the crap is wrong with the guy.If he is requesting this I am already wondering whats up with this dude.We have a right to know the extend of his injury and it must be something that is going to keep him out awhile.I HAte when they do this.This reminds me of old marvins tricks.he would never tell us crap and I did not like him for that reason. :andy:

We have no such right.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 12:08 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: My question is why all these screcets about this guy.The fans have a right to know WHAT is his injury.How not tell us and the public.I hate when they do this and not allow the fans to know what the crap is wrong with the guy.If he is requesting this I am already wondering whats up with this dude.We have a right to know the extend of his injury and it must be something that is going to keep him out awhile.I HAte when they do this.This reminds me of old marvins tricks.he would never tell us crap and I did not like him for that reason. :andy:

Is this some constitutional right we were never told about? Is it in the bill of rights, but nobody ever bothered to bring it up because it was just boring? As a football fan the ONLY right you have is to buy a ticket and have a seat in the stadium and even that has limits.
Football teams have to keep certain things secret and players are under no obligation to disclose anything about their health except to the team itself and even that kind of disclosure is on murky ground. Your right as a fan is essentially nil. Until you have enough money to outright buy a franchise your rights pretty much stop at the ticket office..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:29 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: When they went in to remove the torso, they noticed some irregularities in his left ass cheek. It's going to have to be taken off as well.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d051fbe6131397551...=giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 01:44 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I have to agree! What's the big deal?

(Everybody thinks they're Bill Belichick)  Bang Head

Maybe he needs a DRUG TEST. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't believe that's fully true.
Per this thread (yes, it's reddit but it logically makes sense) - https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/8sew97/how_do_nfl_teams_avoid_disclosing_injuries/

So then it sounds like it's in the middle of what we are both saying. Teams don't have to disclose the nature of injury in the offseason but MUST do so in the regular season.

And then there's this quote about HIPAA specifically...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/10/disclosure-of-injury-information-continues-to-put-nfl-players-in-a-delicate-spot/

In this scenario, the team doctors are the health care providers.... 
Reply/Quote