Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mid season trade targets
Whitney Mercilus DE Houston 31 years old and the Texans are in complete rebuilding mode

Josh Allen DE Jacksonville DE/LB Jacksonville former first rd pick just never really put it together. He was benched if I remember right Thursday as well.

We just don’t have much depth at DE.

Jason Kelce C Eagles. Old but would be instant upgrade over Hopkins
Reply/Quote
Allen would be intriguing!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This is most likely Kelce's last year, and he'd probably retire rather than accept a trade. I'd be interested in Allen, but I'm pretty sure he's still on a rookie deal so trading him would be unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 09:54 AM)shanebo Wrote: This is most likely Kelce's last year, and he'd probably retire rather than accept a trade.  I'd be interested in Allen, but I'm pretty sure he's still on a rookie deal so trading him would be unlikely.

jacksonville already traded away Highly drafted DE  i doubt they can afford getting rid of another
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 04:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: jacksonville already traded away Highly drafted DE  i doubt they can afford getting rid of another

Since they're basically a farm system, how about we make an offer for Center Brandon Linder?  It would be a nice proactive move if he could be had for cheap.  (PFF in the 50's with only one sack, hard to know what coaches think of him).  There are A LOT of things to be happy about as a Bengal fan, but depending on how much the Bengals would have to pay of his deal I'd like to have a backup C.  Hopkins limping into a 17 game season is the big weakness.  Get a vet in there on 11/2, he sits vs the Browns and bye week and is ready for Oakland/Pittsburgh/Chargers tough run after.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 09:22 PM)phil413 Wrote: Since they're basically a farm system, how about we make an offer for Center Brandon Linder?  It would be a nice proactive move if he could be had for cheap.  (PFF in the 50's with only one sack, hard to know what coaches think of him).  There are A LOT of things to be happy about as a Bengal fan, but depending on how much the Bengals would have to pay of his deal I'd like to have a backup C.  Hopkins limping into a 17 game season is the big weakness.  Get a vet in there on 11/2, he sits vs the Browns and bye week and is ready for Oakland/Pittsburgh/Chargers tough run after.  

You would have to give them something they think helps them now not draft picks... They are closing in on a record of consecutive losses they dont want to hit.
Reply/Quote
I saw on MNF that Colts RB Marlon Mack has requested a trade. He would be a huge upgrade over Perrine as the #2 RB and can actually carry the load if Mixon is down for a prolonged period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 01:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I saw on MNF that Colts RB Marlon Mack has requested a trade.  He would be a huge upgrade over Perrine as the #2 RB and can actually carry the load if Mixon is down for a prolonged period.

what his cap hit... People already think we overpay mixon
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 03:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what his cap hit... People already think we overpay mixon

He's on a 1 year, 2 mil deal.  
Reply/Quote
I only make a trade if I have confidence this team could push for a playoff spot.
From what I've seen in 5 weeks, I don't think they have a realistic chance.
I do think they'll have more wins than last year though.

As the PFF article about Taylor needing to evolve said, the Bengals have had the second-easiest schedule so far, but they have the second-hardest schedule the rest of the way.
The 3-1 start might turn into a losing record rather soon.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I only make a trade if I have confidence this team could push for a playoff spot.
From what I've seen in 5 weeks, I don't think they have a realistic chance.
I do think they'll have more wins than last year though.

As the PFF article about Taylor needing to evolve said, the Bengals have had the second-easiest schedule so far, but they have the second-hardest schedule the rest of the way.
The 3-1 start might turn into a losing record rather soon.

There's a lot of things to look at.  Obviously, we have way more cap space than we can rollover.  Using Marlon Mack as an example, if you trade a 6th for him, you'll probably get that back in the comp pick formula when he leaves.

The AFCN is honestly wide open at this point.  Everyone is jock riding the Browns, but they haven't beaten anybody.  The Steelers have fallen off.  The Ravens have a ton of guys on IR, but people are geeked because they beat a 2-3 KC squad that looks more like your traditional SB loser hangover team than AFC title material.  The Colts destroyed them last night until all their CB's went down, and even then they would have won if their K wasn't also injured.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: There's a lot of things to look at.  Obviously, we have way more cap space than we can rollover.  Using Marlon Mack as an example, if you trade a 6th for him, you'll probably get that back in the comp pick formula when he leaves.

The AFCN is honestly wide open at this point.  Everyone is jock riding the Browns, but they haven't beaten anybody.  The Steelers have fallen off.  The Ravens have a ton of guys on IR, but people are geeked because they beat a 2-3 KC squad that looks more like your traditional SB loser hangover team than AFC title material.  The Colts destroyed them last night until all their CB's went down, and even then they would have won if their K wasn't also injured.  

We do?
I see that the Bengals have ~$11 mill in cap space remaining for this season, and I thought all of that could be rolled over.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 10:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We do?
I see that the Bengals have ~$11 mill in cap space remaining for this season, and I thought all of that could be rolled over.

That's my bad.  I thought they had more.  $10 mil is the cap for rollover iirc.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:29 AM)Whatever Wrote: That's my bad.  I thought they had more.  $10 mil is the cap for rollover iirc.

Incorrect. That might have been an old rule, but it's not anymore.
The Browns rolled over $30.4 mill just this past offseason.
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/19/browns-highest-2021-salary-cap-rollover-nflpa/

Here's a list of every team's rollover last offseason.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 01:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: I saw on MNF that Colts RB Marlon Mack has requested a trade.  He would be a huge upgrade over Perrine as the #2 RB and can actually carry the load if Mixon is down for a prolonged period.

Get Mack and then spin Mixon to the 49'ers for high draft picks.  Ninja & yes, I'm totally playing fantasy GM here.
Reply/Quote

Rough break for Mack. Coming off an almost 1,100 yard season gets hurt in Game 1 of his contract year and is replaced by Jonathan Taylor. Not much you can do after that. Taylor certainly isn't going back to the #2 role.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote