Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jonah Williams out for the season
(06-25-2019, 04:14 PM)pally Wrote: Price missed no games with his torn pec.  He sprained his ankle when it was stepped on during a game.  It doesn't take much contact to tear a labrum or a pec muscle if you are hit in the right (wrong) spot or fall awkwardly.
You still haven't provided any reason these injuries could have been prevented.

Except everyone made the excuse for Price sucking last year was because he was drafted hurt and didn't get a training camp, and the pec caused him to be manhandled. Remember that his very first game (before he got his ankle stepped on) he got treated like a child on the field. 

- - - - - -

Are we even sure that Williams was fully healthy when he was drafted? 

Out of the 47 OL who bench pressed at the Combine, only 15 did less than Jonah Williams.

I'm not saying it was torn when he was drafted, but would it be out of the question that he had something nagging him, didn't mention it (millions of dollars on the line) and the Bengals missed it? It would explain the weakness. I mean shit, they missed Antonio Bryant's knee somehow and everyone in the world knew that was terrible.

It's not like the Bengals front office and medical staff have earned the benefit of the doubt.

I also haven't seen any video where Williams "fell awkwardly" and tore his pec.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: In the long run still a good pick....     So now Glenn back to LT and we already got an extra OG if boiling isn't ready to start the season...

Just an Extra boost to us next year when hes back.  we should be able to make due this season with what we have.

(06-25-2019, 04:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but crying about it makes it all better...

Or does it make you feel better at least? I hope so

Probably about as much as it does for you to be a blind homer and pretend that the same garbage OL that's caused 3 straight losing seasons will be fine because your glasses are tinted orange and the Bengals FO can do no wrong, so you better attack anyone who dares to think otherwise.

Have a good one.   ThumbsUp

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except everyone made the excuse for Price sucking last year was because he was drafted hurt and didn't get a training camp, and the pec caused him to be manhandled. Remember that his very first game (before he got his ankle stepped on) he got treated like a child on the field. 

- - - - - -

Are we even sure that Williams was fully healthy when he was drafted? 

Out of the 47 OL who bench pressed at the Combine, only 15 did less than Jonah Williams.

I'm not saying it was torn when he was drafted, but would it be out of the question that he had something nagging him, didn't mention it (millions of dollars on the line) and the Bengals missed it? It would explain the weakness. I mean shit, they missed Antonio Bryant's knee somehow and everyone in the world knew that was terrible.

It's not like the Bengals front office and medical staff have earned the benefit of the doubt.

I also haven't seen any video where Williams "fell awkwardly" and tore his pec.

There is a full medical exam before being allowed to participate at the combine. He also had 9 practices before missing final 3 of rookie mini camp. This has nothing to do with scouting and drafting. I'm guessing it's a weight room injury.

To OP: Another first round pick misses most of their first season its like a jinx now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: the Browns won 7 games without a franchise LT
last year.
injuries happen.
better Williams than say Germaine Pratt. where there is very little
proven talent behind him

Yeah...lucky we have Bobby Hart and Cordy Glenn who they deemed not fit to be a Tackle to start. Then, we have all that amazing depth behind them!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And our '14 first round pick, Dennard, played fewer than 250 defensive snaps over his first two seasons COMBINED.

And of their last 9 first round picks, 6 of them will have played 65 snaps or less as a rookie. Crazy stuff. Mellow

[Image: D97bzZPX4AgNsOH.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Probably about as much as it does for you to be a blind homer and pretend that the same garbage OL that's caused 3 straight losing seasons will be fine because your glasses are tinted orange and the Bengals FO can do no wrong, so you better attack anyone who dares to think otherwise.

Have a good one.   ThumbsUp

The offensive line has been bad so the Bengals went out and drafted a guy regarded by many as the best offensive lineman in the draft.

...but now that he's hurt, what were they thinking? Come on. Not sure how you put that on the FO, tbh.
Reply/Quote
This kind of sums up being a Bengals fan: When it looks like something good has happened (ie Williams falling to us) it turns into something bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But, on the bright side...if the season goes south we can use this injury as an excuse!

So you don't think a team losing their starting LT is that big of a deal? Ok lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...lucky we have Bobby Hart and Cordy Glenn who they deemed not fit to be a Tackle to start. Then, we have all that amazing depth behind them!
Glenn has been pretty injury prone the last 3 seasons. Imagine if Glenn misses time we might have a Bobby Hart, Kent Perkins ? tackle combo lol. 
Reply/Quote
Smh it's always something.
Reply/Quote
Injuries happen and this is a major one; this is exactly why you don't sign a crappy player like Hart and expect him to start. Quite frankly how the Bengals have treated the O line is pure crap.

Hopefully Price has a major break out season, Boiling and Glenn play like there capable of, and maybe Jordan suprises at RT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And of their last 9 first round picks, 6 of them will have played 65 snaps or less as a rookie. Crazy stuff. Mellow

[Image: D97bzZPX4AgNsOH.jpg]
In truth though a lot of that had to do who was in front of those guys particulary the Corners.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
There goes the season.

Time to trade 1st round picks because we just don't have any luck with them.

And now we know not to trust ZT injury updates.

On a side note, this is why you can never trust drafting Alabama players. They seem to always be hurt their rookie years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
15 years ago he still would've been holding out for another month and a half and this never would have happened!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 05:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: And now we know not to trust ZT injury updates.

True, but it's not like this is unique among NFL head coaches. They all would've said the same things.
Reply/Quote
So who are we thinking now for the offensive line? I have something like

Cordy Glenn.....Clint Boling.....Billy Price.........Trey Hopkins.........Bobby Hart

Clint Boling......John Jerry......Trey Hopkins.....Michael Jordan.....Kent Perkins

KSutherland.....JMiller...........BLunblade..........ARedmond..........O'Shea Dugas

Those guys on the third tier would fight it out with Javarius Leamon, Justin Evans, and Christian Westerman for the final two spots (I'd keep 10 OL if possible).

Reply/Quote
Sooooooo, which college OL player is looking good for the 2020 draft?
  • Thomas
  • Biadasz
  • Little
  • Bredeson
  • Throckmorton
  • Willis
  • Jackson
  • Adams
  • Cleveland
  • Humphrey
Only 252 days until the 2020 draft!
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 03:57 PM)pally Wrote: Seriously, how could the injuries to Jackson, Price, now Williams could have been the result of bad scouting, medical, or development?  None of their injuries could have been predicted.  Football is a violent sport and injuries happen.  Not all of them could be anticipated

So you would rather believe that the best tackle in the draft just fell into our lap. Maybe, just maybe other teams found out what our scouting department didn't.
Reply/Quote
And so much for us getting any use out of our first round pick....as usual. We have to have the worst track record in NFL history of losing significant playing time from first rounders in their rookie years.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2019, 04:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:  Once is bad luck, twice and more is either a bad stretching routine, bad trainers, poor conditioning, something.

Wrong.  It is just bad luck.

If it was something to do with the ay we run the team then it would effect every player and not just first round picks
Reply/Quote