Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jonah Williams to Practice
(12-12-2019, 09:57 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Hart only has to play 1 good game the rest of this season and the Inbreds will be convinced he can do the same over 16 games next season. 

They see what they wanna see!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like the Bengals are going to do the right thing with him. No way in hell would I put him out in a meaningless regular season game with a surgically repaired shoulder and risk a setback. The guy has had nothing to prepare himself for facing NFL D-linemen, no training camp, no preseason games, and some of you want to throw him out in a regular season game for a 1-12 football team?? He is way too important to next year's offensive line to do anything other than make sure he continues to progress towards being ready to go for a full off-season, mini-camp, and training camp at 100 percent.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: do we think glenn will be the LG next year?

This is what it might help to evaluate
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 07:35 PM)pally Wrote:  

Cool, thank you.
Reply/Quote
Gotta a bad feeling this dude is a bust in the nfl. Hope I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 12:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Gotta a bad feeling this dude is a bust in the nfl.  Hope I’m wrong.

Without playing a single snap? Thats a little harsh for one injury. If he's back on that list preseason next year...another matter....
Reply/Quote
C'mon folks. Be positive. If Williams plays he'll get merely dinged and miss the next two seasons.. It could be worse. He could get killed and his widow sues the team for billions..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

Agreed, get him some snaps if he can play. He needs the experience.
Reply/Quote
Rookies need experience in practice and I hope he plays in a couple of games to get out his rookie jitters and see what we have for 2020.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: do we think glenn will be the LG next year?

Honestly, with respect to roster building and the o-line this is a huge question, IMO.  

It's an odd scenario with his self-reported concussion, being cleared by the team/medical staff, being fined, tantrum in the locker room, healthy scratches for weeks, and then sudden availability.  

You can't really argue that this line isn't better off with Glenn starting.  He's still the best tackle on the team, and a halfway decent to good pass blocker in a league that's experiencing a shortage of them.  

Regarding who starts at LG, the team is sending out a lot of signals that it's Jordan's job to lose, so there's that. Boling wasn't awesome in year 1 starting when he was pressed into action by the Travelle Wharton injury. He got stronger and more accustomed to playing in the league and became a stalwart for a long time. they likely view this as MJ's on-the-job redshirt year.

I'd take your statement a step further and say that Cordy should be the starting left tackle if he's on the team next season.  He's a known commodity.  You need that when you're investing in what's likely to be a first overall pick at quarterback.  

I'd put Glenn at left tackle in 2020, start Jonah at RT, and let Hart be the backup swing tackle/camp cut.  

There's practically zero debate that this team needs talent badly along the line.  If Glenn is on board with being here, then I start him at LT.  Is another team going to pay him what he makes here next year if they let him go?  It may even be in his interests to be a Bengal.  Let him hold Jonah's place until 2021.  You can find another RT in the next 2 drafts.  Why let an asset the team badly needs go when he's under contract?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They need 3 better Olinemen regardless of how this guy looks.

Absolutely!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:59 PM)samhain Wrote: Honestly, with respect to roster building and the o-line this is a huge question, IMO.  

It's an odd scenario with his self-reported concussion, being cleared by the team/medical staff, being fined, tantrum in the locker room, healthy scratches for weeks, and then sudden availability.  

You can't really argue that this line isn't better off with Glenn starting.  He's still the best tackle on the team, and a halfway decent to good pass blocker in a league that's experiencing a shortage of them.  

Regarding who starts at LG, the team is sending out a lot of signals that it's Jordan's job to lose, so there's that.  Boling wasn't awesome in year 1 starting when he was pressed into action by the Travelle Wharton injury.  He got stronger and more accustomed to playing in the league and became a stalwart for a long time.  they likely view this as MJ's on-the-job redshirt year.

I'd take your statement a step further and say that Cordy should be the starting left tackle if he's on the team next season.  He's a known commodity.  You need that when you're investing in what's likely to be a first overall pick at quarterback.  

I'd put Glenn at left tackle in 2020, start Jonah at RT, and let Hart be the backup swing tackle/camp cut.  

There's practically zero debate that this team needs talent badly along the line.  If Glenn is on board with being here, then I start him at LT.  Is another team going to pay him what he makes here next year if they let him go?  It may even be in his interests to be a Bengal.  Let him hold Jonah's place until 2021.  You can find another RT in the next 2 drafts.  Why let an asset the team badly needs go when he's under contract?

I'm not confident in Cordy's attitude and that is why he is a Bengal in the first place.

The question is, will he finally fall in line for good, or will we see a repeat of 2019 next year...  if so, I say you gotta let him go.

I'm conflicted because the pass-pro talent is there and I surely don't want to see them "try" for other free-agent cast offs that lack any talent.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, get him some snaps if he can play. He needs the experience.

After shoulder surgery, it takes a while for the "deep healing" to finalize.  At this point in his recovery, I'm betting he has good range of motion, and good strength through controlled exertions.  However, it will take a little while longer for his shoulder to be able to handle shocks and jolts, without him feeling the effects.

I think that it's great to be getting him involved in practice, but I think that it would be a huge and unnecessary risk to put him into live action.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 10:29 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm not confident in Cordy's attitude and that is why he is a Bengal in the first place.

The question is, will he finally fall in line for good, or will we see a repeat of 2019 next year...  if so, I say you gotta let him go.

I'm conflicted because the pass-pro talent is there and I surely don't want to see them "try" for other free-agent cast offs that lack any talent.

Yeah, same here.  I'd be fine with Jonah and Cordy as the starting OTs in 2020 if Cordy was fully invested.  I guess that's the real question.  

As I said earlier, he's going together paid good money if he stays.  Can he get comparable money elsewhere given his "experiences" over the last year?  Is another organization going to pay nearly 10 mil for that sort of unknown?  I think the Bengals would if they thought he'd get with the program.

At the end of the day, be it Cordy or a rookie, I'm looking for an out from Hart in 2020.  that may not be in their plans, but keeping Glenn is one option to get them there.
Reply/Quote