Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah Williams
(10-03-2019, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll probably get the 1st pick and instead of taking Tua, we'll trade down...draft a player that isn't good, and sign Dalton to a 5 year extension.  Hilarious

Actually, we would trade down, reach for a QB nowhere near as good, then say we got the QB we had rated highest on our board.  We did it in the Stephen Jackson-Chris Perry draft, the DeCastro-Zeitler draft, and the Ragnew-Price drafts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:12 PM)BengalsGenius Wrote: Has anyone heard anything on this guys recovery? He had surgery 14 weeks and 2 days ago. He's on PUP. It takes 4-6 weeks for the bone to reattach itself, and then another 4-6 weeks to get back to full strength. The time has added up, but I've heard no mention of him coming back. Has anyone heard a rumor of anything?  

There is NOTHING we can know about this team with the current offensive line. The D can't stay off the field, and the O can't move down the field.

Having been through a shoulder surgery myself, I would just about be willing to bet that he was just cleared for light lifting, at the 12 week mark.  I took my rehab very seriously, and did my prescribed PT with meticulous detail, 5-6 days/week.  When I was cleared to begin light training, the strength came back fairly quick.  However, the "shock" sensation from bumps and jolts didn't completely diminish until around 9-12 mos. post surgery.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having been through a shoulder surgery myself, I would just about be willing to bet that he was just cleared for light lifting, at the 12 week mark.  I took my rehab very seriously, and did my prescribed PT with meticulous detail, 5-6 days/week.  When I was cleared to begin light training, the strength came back fairly quick.  However, the "shock" sensation from bumps and jolts didn't completely diminish until around 9-12 mos. post surgery.

That's interesting. So probably he won't be back this year.

The strength coming back is a big thing. I'm glad to hear that's quick.
Reply/Quote
From Hobson....

The rehab field teemed with positive signs. Green (ankle) made a vintage one-handed pluck of the ball as he ran through ropes. Rookie left tackle Jonah Williams (shoulder) went through agility drills. And cornerback Darqueze Dennard (knee) is wearing shoulder pads with his No. 21 and is looking good jogging 100 yards several times.

Williams and Dennard are on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and are eligible to start practicing Monday, Oct. 14, after Week Six. Dennard is ahead of Williams, a guy they hope is ready for the final month. There are three injured reserve players eligible to return after the eighth week: Ross, cornerback Darius Phillips (knee) and rookie offensive lineman O’Shea Dugas (knee). Only Dugas was on the rehab field.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's interesting. So probably he won't be back this year.

The strength coming back is a big thing. I'm glad to hear that's quick.

Yeah, he should easily regain full strength, but that's not accounting for the deep healing time, to have him ready to absorb the shock of contact.  However, in order to protect the long term investment, I would think it wise to keep him on the shelf for the rest of this shit-show season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, he should easily regain full strength, but that's not accounting for the deep healing time, to have him ready to absorb the shock of contact.  However, in order to protect the long term investment, I would think it wise to keep him on the shelf for the rest of this shit-show season.

Will your response be the same if we win the next 4 games?  Cool

But I agree at this point. No reason to hamper him and risk him not being available for next year.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Will your response be the same if we win the next 4 games?  Cool

But I agree at this point. No reason to hamper him and risk him not being available for next year.

If they win the next 4 games it would demonstrate they don't need him to play this year. Let him sit.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We'll probably get the 1st pick and instead of taking Tua, we'll trade down...draft a player that isn't good, and sign Dalton to a 5 year extension.  Hilarious

Given all the talk here recently about drafting injury prone players and how that has worked out, I'm kind of interested why some here are hyped to get Tua.  After all he has a history of injuries as well.

https://fansided.com/2019/07/01/tua-tagovailoa-injury-prone/

Just a thought. I suppose we should see how he does this season and if injuries are going to be an issue.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:37 PM)jason Wrote: Red shirt season.

Here it comes...

It'll be like having 2 first rounders next year.

surely it'll be like having 3 first rounders  ThumbsUp

Remember we have John Ross injured as well and he's barely played and is still learning as per Hobspin - so you know we have a wealth of new talent hitting the field next year to fuel our SB run.................................................
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 06:23 PM)Brimey Wrote: The go QB early in the draft, we could be looking at a complete different team next year. Perhaps our future franchise LT and QB.

Could be the beginning of a new era boys

If they don't fix the OLINE, it doesn't matter who they draft at QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 08:44 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Given all the talk here recently about drafting injury prone players and how that has worked out, I'm kind of interested why some here are hyped to get Tua.  After all he has a history of injuries as well.

https://fansided.com/2019/07/01/tua-tagovailoa-injury-prone/

Just a thought.  I suppose we should see how he does this season and if injuries are going to be an issue.

For the record, I don't like Tua or Herbert. Now Lawrence I'd want.
Reply/Quote