Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah and Sample Have been Signed
Details to follow!

EDIT: Details below

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-sign-first-round-pick-jonah-williams-second-round-pick-drew-sample
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Great news! Looks like it's going to be a holdout free season for the Bengals.

Edit: I was scrolling through the pictures at the end of the article. I never realized what a frail little guy that Hobson is.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Edit: I was scrolling through the pictures at the end of the article. I never realized what a frail little guy that Hobson is.

Looks like a combination of DJ Qualls and a skinny Nicholas Cage on meth. Mellow

Reply/Quote
I would expect Finley and Pratt to sign their contracts within a couple of days

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Love this aspect of the cba. Very few rookie holdouts league wide and those few are based mostly on offset language and not dollar amount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 03:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a combination of DJ Qualls and a skinny Nicholas Cage on meth. Mellow
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great news!  Looks like it's going to be a holdout free season for the Bengals.

Edit:  I was scrolling through the pictures at the end of the article.  I never realized what a frail little guy that Hobson is.

who was our last hold out draft pick?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 04:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Love this aspect of the cba.  Very few rookie holdouts league wide and those few are based mostly on offset language and not dollar amount

The rookie wage scale was long overdue and only made sense since guys drafted in the upper half of the first round were being paid way more than most vets without playing a snap.

I'm just pumped to get these guys in here and excited to let the coaches start to work with them and polish their game!

I'm excited for this season!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 06:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who was our last hold out draft pick?

Come to think of it, I guess it has been a while.  Andre Smith is the most recent that I can think of.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I think it was Andre Smith
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 06:58 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think it was Andre Smith

Ahhhh.. Andre Smith... who could have forgotten him.  (didn't he break his foot that year in camp)  yep 2 days after ending that holdout..
Reply/Quote
There are no holdouts anymore. The one's that don't sign right away are trying to get certain language in the contract, but the numbers are already set. For instance, Mariotta argued about being allowed to surf. No one is going to miss their first training camp over surfing....
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 07:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There are no holdouts anymore. The one's that don't sign right away are trying to get certain language in the contract, but the numbers are already set. For instance, Mariotta argued about being allowed to surf. No one is going to miss their first training camp over surfing....

Joey Bosa missed his because his umbilical cord is still attached or something. It's didn't seem to matter. He hit the ground running.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The new rookie contract structure really takes the drama out of signing your first round pick XD.
Reply/Quote

Wanna say Willis did for a bit as well
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 04:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Love this aspect of the cba.  Very few rookie holdouts league wide and those few are based mostly on offset language and not dollar amount

Yeah, and the all the "clauses" they have in their contracts. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2019, 03:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Looks like a combination of DJ Qualls and a skinny Nicholas Cage on meth. Mellow

LMAO!!!

This is why you are definately the funniest poster Harley lol

BTW, love these first two picks. Blocking statement is what they are, we are here to block.
Reply/Quote