Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonah speaks on Pollack
Attention to detail, something that must have obviously been lacking under Turner, is what Coach Pollack is bringing to the Bengals OL room. According to Jonah Williams.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/05/jonah-williams-revealing-quote-bengals-offensive-line-frank-pollack/?fbclid=IwAR2M2uavDD4yb6NURkaLVUrD3Fz7OTxoTWEemEfq_O6sIJoh6xx49NNN6zs

Quote:“He’s really good about the minute details. That’s what he hangs his hat on and what we need to hang our hat on. Instead of just saying, ‘This is what you do, this is what it’s called,’ it’s ‘This is exactly what your right hand does, this is exactly what your left hand does, your right foot. Everything is exact. I think that’s good because you can keep on drilling it and then when it comes to game time, it just happens.”

Nice to hear from our LT that the OL coach is actually teaching specifics of technique in blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good to hear.

I'll feel much better about passing on Sewell if Jonah can start playing at Whit's level.
Reply/Quote
I know pretty much everyone here has given up on Michael Jordan, but with a player that young coaching might make a big difference.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know pretty much everyone here has given up on Michael Jordan, but with a player that young coaching might make a big difference.

Several times, over the years, I have asserted that I believe that most guys that make it to the NFL have the raw physical talent to make it.  Aside from the few genetic anomalies, what separates most of the players that continue on to long and productive careers (injuries notwithstanding) from the ones that flash and fall off, is coaching.  Hopefully for our OL room, Frank Pollack is that Coach that makes the difference in players developing into talented, productive professionals, as opposed to falling off into obscurity.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Glad our OTA attendance is 100%. Getting that muscle memory training started early. It works. Probably not the best of a guy is bouncing around to different positions. So hopefully he gets an idea of who he wants where
Reply/Quote
I was very happy when we announced we were bringing Pollack back.
I mentioned it before, The biggest signing we made this season is Pollack.
Reply/Quote
After that comment a camera caught Pollack slipping Williams a $20
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Attention to detail, something that must have obviously been lacking under Turner, is what Coach Pollack is bringing to the Bengals OL room.  According to Jonah Williams.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/05/jonah-williams-revealing-quote-bengals-offensive-line-frank-pollack/?fbclid=IwAR2M2uavDD4yb6NURkaLVUrD3Fz7OTxoTWEemEfq_O6sIJoh6xx49NNN6zs

Nice to hear from our LT that the OL coach is actually teaching specifics of technique in blocking.
Sometimes, you have to just go back to basic mechanics and if I remember correctly, in Pollocks first term here, he was known as a good teacher
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know pretty much everyone here has given up on Michael Jordan, but with a player that young coaching might make a big difference.

Lmao
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 07:14 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lmao

What's so funny?  Mellow

You don't think that people can improve themselves with proper guidance and instruction? 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I haven’t given up on him especially with better coaching. A lot of people here expect rookies (or even 2nd year guys) to be all stars by the end of their first (or 2nd) season and it’s just not how it works for 99% of players. Jordan could definitely end up being a good starter. That said, he should be nothing more than a developmental backup until he improves considerably. He won’t be expected to start especially early this season so I’m fine keeping him at the back end of the roster and seeing how he develops with Pollack coaching him
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 06:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: After that comment a camera caught Pollack slipping Williams a $20

[Image: th?id=OIP.Ir6Gw00SVyRFvM5VjjN4-gHaF7&pid...=190&h=153]
[Image: th?id=OIP.raDRTBtnkRZZLnXzaAHOUAAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: th?id=OIP.AJn7v1lUFlc-2_DytjH_IgHaEK&pid...=271&h=153]
[Image: th?id=OIP.Lpvj1hsbrxnBNk86FwFgewAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: th?id=OIP.UPRyh_zMpqaELOJ9BAe3ggHaFj&pid...=204&h=154]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When Frank replaced PA, he brought in all sorts of old school equipment like "the chute" among others. Teaching basic fundamentals and drilling it into their heads. I think he'll have them playing better. Serviceable would be a huge improvement.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 08:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: When Frank replaced PA, he brought in all sorts of old school equipment like "the chute" among others. Teaching basic fundamentals and drilling it into their heads. I think he'll have them playing better. Serviceable would be a huge improvement.

In all seriousness I believe that Pollack's training and technical discipline will make a world of difference compared to Turner. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Didn’t some players last year say good things about Turner?

Typical mumbo jumbo. Nothing to see here
Reply/Quote
Jonah is going to have an all pro caliber season this year
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 08:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: In all seriousness I believe that Pollack's training and technical discipline will make a world of difference compared to Turner. 

Agreed.  Some like to argue that once players reach the pros, that they should already be technically sound, and no longer need to work on the fundamentals of technique and such.  That could not be farther from the truth.  In reality, many of these OL that get taken in the draft each year weren't the technically sound at their positions, they stood out and dominated due to their size and physical abilities that put them apart from the rest.  Once they reach the NFL, everyone was head and shoulders above their contemporaries in college, everyone has about the same amount of physical talent.  It's up to the teams to provide that coaching that elevates their game to the professional level, and develops them into NFL quality linemen.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Attention to detail, something that must have obviously been lacking under Turner, is what Coach Pollack is bringing to the Bengals OL room.  According to Jonah Williams.

Damn, Turner sounds worse than PA ever was the more I hear!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 09:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Didn’t some players last year say good things about Turner?

Typical mumbo jumbo. Nothing to see here

I don't remember reading anything like that.  Can you provide a link or two to support that rather outlandish claim?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 05:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Several times, over the years, I have asserted that I believe that most guys that make it to the NFL have the raw physical talent to make it.  Aside from the few genetic anomalies, what separates most of the players that continue on to long and productive careers (injuries notwithstanding) from the ones that flash and fall off, is coaching.  Hopefully for our OL room, Frank Pollack is that Coach that makes the difference in players developing into talented, productive professionals, as opposed to falling off into obscurity.

Your assertions are completely correct. Rock On
Reply/Quote