Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Clement
Hobson wrote an article about us looking at him down at the Senior Bowl. We were apparently at Wisconsin's pro day to look at him yesterday (where he ran a 4.53 down from a 4.68 at the combine). Before we hear the "Pro day numbers are always faster" Mixon ran a 4.5 at his Pro day. Projected as a round 4-5 guy it seems he may be in play for the Bengals, especially if they pass on one of the premier guys earlier. I will say the guy is ripped and has some power to go with a bit of shiftyness, apparently people in Madison didn't like him much but the coaching staff seems to have some sort of affinity for him.

As a 5th rounder I think he has some potential to be a good back. HB seems to be a position where every year mid round guys turn into super stars. Not sure this is the guy, but he does have some characteristics that make you think he could be good, only issue is he isn't much of a pass catcher.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hobson wrote an article about us looking at him down at the Senior Bowl. We were apparently at Wisconsin's pro day to look at him yesterday (where he ran a 4.53 down from a 4.68 at the combine). Before we hear the "Pro day numbers are always faster" Mixon ran a 4.5 at his Pro day. Projected as a round 4-5 guy it seems he may be in play for the Bengals, especially if they pass on one of the premier guys earlier. I will say the guy is ripped and has some power to go with a bit of shiftyness, apparently people in Madison didn't like him much but the coaching staff seems to have some sort of affinity for him.

As a 5th rounder I think he has some potential to be a good back. HB seems to be a position where every year mid round guys turn into super stars. Not sure this is the guy, but he does have some characteristics that make you think he could be good, only issue is he isn't much of a pass catcher.

I like Kareem Hunt and Elijah McGuire later on.....i'm not real enthused with clement.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 10:10 AM)pulses Wrote: I like Kareem Hunt and Elijah McGuire later on.....i'm not real enthused with clement.

Me either, I'd prefer Foreman in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Me either, I'd prefer Foreman in the 4th.

i'm not a fan of another HUGE back...i like backs like the falcons have.
Reply/Quote
pulses

I like bigger backs like what the patriots use Blount as and what the Seahawks have used lynch in the past and now Lacey as.
Reply/Quote
I'm not impressed with clement
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 12:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: pulses

I like bigger backs like what the patriots use Blount as and what the Seahawks have used lynch in the past and now Lacey as.

we have a big back now....and our scat back is coming back from an injury...we need a more all around back than a bigger back right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 09:22 AM)pulses Wrote: we have a big back now....and our scat back is coming back from an injury...we need a more all around back than a bigger back right now.

We have a big back that runs like he is a small back and it doesn't work. Jeremy Hill will not be retained after this season at his current performance level. Somewhere along the line people started thinking the "big back" is dead. Marshawn Lynch carried Seattle to multiple super bowls not all that long ago. If we are going to have a bad O line a big back who can square his shoulders and run straight ahead can hide a lot of deficiencies very similar to what Lynch did in Seattle with one of the worst o lines in football.
Reply/Quote
obviously we will love this guy. Marv move all over it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote