Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jonathan Allen?
(04-07-2017, 05:31 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Bc of the shoulder issues. I dont want him.

I heard his shoulder issues are being blown way out of proportion..his dr said he "could" have problems 15 years down the road i think his medicals checked out already and i also think he will be in play at 9
Reply/Quote
If Allen falls to 9 you grab this guy up. He is a football player that could fill 2 holes on our D-line.

He can play 3-tech next to Geno or as a breather for Geno and he can play RDE, he has more production than Solomon
Thomas as a pass rusher and he can stop the run. Both are very physical but you have to look at production first.

I hope teams look at the combine numbers instead of the game tape and they take Thomas ahead of Allen.

That would be great for us and i like Solomon a lot too.
Reply/Quote
Is being picked at 9 really considered much of a slide? I think he's a no brainer for us if he's there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting Hobson had us taking him today in the team media mock.
Reply/Quote
IF Allen is available at #9, then you basically have to pick him or trade back with a team like Washington or Detroit who would likely love to draft him at that value with such a need at the position. Cin trades #9 and receives Was #17 and #49 or Cin trade #9 and receives Det #21 and #53 and a 2018 2nd round pick. I really don't think he will be there but if he is then simply passing on a guy that will be a top 5 talent on several boards wouldn't make sense.
Reply/Quote
Had I thought we had a prayer at this guy at #9, I'd have been mocking him all year. He's the only thing close to a DE not named Myles Garrett really worth a top 10 pick in this draft. Some could argue for Thomas, but he's not a DE for our defense. But Allen? Yes, draft him if he's there.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I've seen drafts where he slides to us. On the one hand, he would be no brainer BPA. On the other hand, we've had those before...wasn't Dennard one of those? And Allen is more of a 3-4 guy -- though I could still see him playing next to Geno or in rotation with Geno (and someday replacing him).

I dunno. I guess I would still say "Yes if he is there you must take him" BUT you also need to get with your coaches and say "Getting him to be successful, especially in a new system, is going to be a coaching challenge -- and it is the sort of challenge we haven't done well with before."

Reply/Quote
Can you imagine:
Dunlap- Billings- Atkins- Allen

Cunningham- Minter- Burfict

That would be one scary front seven
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I would be ecstatic if we got Allen on draft day.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 03:28 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Can you imagine:
Dunlap- Billings- Atkins- Allen

Cunningham- Minter- Burfict

That would be one scary front seven

Wow, sign me up for that. We would be pushing the Texans for #1 Defense in the league with that front 7.

Damn.
Reply/Quote