Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonathan India status
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jonathan-india-garnering-strong-trade-interest/ar-AA1jxVDr?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=3825319e3c6e4a3895c5e815236d6630&ei=18

It seems thus far the Reds aren't all that interested in trading India?

I'll admit I've been on the fence about him as he's went thru fairly long stretches struggling at the plate. As it says in article he's bit just a tick below the average MLB player.

I'm leaning more towards keep him lately.

You could have Marte on 3rd, McClain at SS, India at 2nd, CES at 1st. Then Steer in LF, Friedl in CF, and DLC in RF. As always it really comes down to will ownership go out and get the pitching?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jonathan-india-garnering-strong-trade-interest/ar-AA1jxVDr?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=3825319e3c6e4a3895c5e815236d6630&ei=18

It seems thus far the Reds aren't all that interested in trading India?

I'll admit I've been on the fence about him as he's went thru fairly long stretches struggling at the plate. As it says in article he's bit just a tick below the average MLB player.

I'm leaning more towards keep him lately.

You could have Marte on 3rd, McClain at SS, India at 2nd, CES at 1st. Then Steer in LF, Friedl in CF, and DLC in RF. As always it really comes down to will ownership go out and get the pitching?

The last thing you want to do is sell low on him. If you aren't getting premium trade offers for him right now, it'll be best to hold onto him and, if he has a rebound year, trade him at the deadline for pitching (or whatever is necessary).
Reply/Quote
I think the Reds will eventually trade India before the season starts. Maybe for a pitcher. Not sure the Reds need him just like the long IL stint he was on.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I just hope, if and when he is traded, Reds fans don't go crazy like they did when Winker was traded. That dude is on his way OUT of baseball at this point, glad we cashed in when we did and got who we got!

With that said, I'm just not sure how much trade value he has. He had a nice rookie season, then back-to-back poor to mediocre seasons. Yes, he brings leadership and other intangibles but there's a reason he's sort of the odd guy out with all these infield call ups that have been better or on par. He doesn't defend that well up the middle, he is an average to below average 2B. His defense plays better at 3B but no way am I benching Marte over him when Marte's ceiling is much higher. I guess you could use him as a quasi Kyle Farmer utility type between 2B and 3B with some DH sprinkled in. But again, he hasn't hit well in some time and I would expect more out of a guy who DH a third of the time than what his bat provides. I feel like THAT guy is Steer.

If he is traded as the centerpiece with a middling prospect, don't expect a good return, at least on face value at first. If he is a part of a package with a higher tier prospect or two, then expect a good starter with control in return.
Reply/Quote
I still like him. But he is arbitration eligible, although it won't be at a huge expense. Those Swiss army types are needed... if he could learn more positions. I'd prefer him over Senzel.
Reply/Quote
He's always rumored to be traded. It makes me speculate they are actively trading him.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2023, 08:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I still like him.  But he is arbitration eligible, although it won't be at a huge expense.  Those Swiss army types are needed... if he could learn more positions.  I'd prefer him over Senzel.

Yes I'd way rather have India than Senzel. Senzel can't hit right handers....at all. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2023, 11:13 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's always rumored to be traded. It makes me speculate they are actively trading him.

Yes I'd say he's always on the sweeten the pot list I'd speculate. 
Reply/Quote
I'd like to keep India, but the Reds can't afford to keep expensive veterans around for depth. We need to use whatever resources we can to add some pitching. Then just pray that we stay healthy.
Reply/Quote