Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonathan India
Does he have ROTY locked up at this point? 4 hit game today including a HR and a 2B.

Other than Votto’s resurgence, India has definitely been the highlight of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think he has ROTY locked up, yes. He has been a revelation at the top of our batting order. He's 8th in the entire MLB in OBP. Not just for rookies, for all players.

33 doubles is also right outside the top 20 in all of MLB.

The only person who could snatch the award away is Trevor Rogers, the rookie pitcher with the Marlins. But he's slowed down a bit in the last few months, with a 4.00 ERA in September and a 4.08 ERA in July. It also looks like he was either injured or otherwise held out for the month of August, as he has no starts for that month. He hasn't pitched more than 5.2 innings in a start since June 15th.

I think they will likely give the award to the more consistent player, with India having an OPS above .822 in every month since the end of May.
Reply/Quote
India is overshadowing what a good year Tyler Stephenson had. Among the 10 rookies in the NL that had at least 250 bats he was first in batting avg (.286), second in on-base percentage (.366), third in OPS (.797), and 4th in slugging (.431).
Reply/Quote
Hey had an amazing year so i fully expect to see him traded next season
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 12:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hey had an amazing year so i fully expect to see him traded next season

Naw, he’s under team control for quite some time before he’s arbitration eligible or a free agent. So he’s cheap AND produces. They’ll keep him around at least until his trade value has bottomed out in a year long slump before they trade him for three single -A prospects!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 03:26 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Naw, he’s under team control for quite some time before he’s arbitration eligible or a free agent. So he’s cheap AND produces. They’ll keep him around at least until his trade value has bottomed out in a year long slump before they trade him for three single -A prospects!

rofl
Reply/Quote
I WOULD love to see either India or Stephenson get it though. They played hard and stayed relatively healthy this year, which is no small feat for young inexperienced players coming off that shortened Covid season.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2021, 03:26 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Naw, he’s under team control for quite some time before he’s arbitration eligible or a free agent. So he’s cheap AND produces. They’ll keep him around at least until his trade value has bottomed out in a year long slump before they trade him for three single -A prospects!

Nah..They'll wait until after he's a FA and goes elsewhere and the Reds will get nothing in return after dilly dallying with their balls in their hands yet again.. Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I expect to see Barrero to be either at short or cf next year. He'll start hitting with more playing time. His defense is second to none so there is that. I believe it's a mistake to hold him back for Farmer at short. For that matter I think Farmer could potentially be Votto's replacement if he falls off the cliff. At the very least he can play 3rd if Suarez and Moose crap the bed again.
3rd is a piss poor position for the team. Suarez is OK defensively and can hit for power, but average? He was terrible last year and Moose was all but useless. I think India has 2nd locked down as long as he keeps hitting and at some point they're going to have to find a good hitting 1st baseman to replace Votto. So far though I see no real need to put him on the shelf unless he just falls off the cliff permanently..
OF? I can see Wink, one or more of the three of Senzel, Naquin or Barrero if he works out in CF..otherwise he needs to be at short and quit with the idea of putting him in CF...for that matter I hate what they've done with Senzel since he's been with the team.. I'm not sure that Castillano opts out or not. he seems to really like Cincinnati. We shall see though. I think it'll depend on what the front office is willing to do to pay for a good bullpen and perhaps another starter for the rotation. He can always play out the contract as is and go FA the following season. he'll still be in demand in 2023..
The pen definitely needs an overhaul top to bottom..
More later as the off season progresses or not..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote