Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonathan Joseph
Jonathan Joseph, former Bengals 1st round draft pick, announced his retirement today. He's been gone from the team since 2011 yet chose to use 2 photos as a Bengal in his retirement announcement/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
JJo is probably the best CB we've had in the past 20 years. What do you all think? Can't blame him for getting paid in FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 05:27 PM)treee Wrote: JJo is probably the best CB we've had in the past 20 years. What do you all think? Can't blame him for getting paid in FA.

I have never been upset with any player who left and made money elsewhere. I've been annoyed with some of the antics like Dunlap's mid-season stuff but Palmer saying trade me or retire before the season started didn't bug me.

JJo busted his ass when he was a Bengal and got paid well and even got to have extra Gatorade. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1259186-jonathan-joseph-former-cincinnati-bengals-corner-says-bengals-are-a-cheap-team

He was a great corner and had an awesome career. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As I recall we picked the wrong corner to pay over this man.

Congrats to him for a great career.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 06:34 PM)bengals67 Wrote: As I recall we picked the wrong corner to pay over this man.

Congrats to him for a great career.

ZERO chance anyone could forsee Leon Hall tearing his achilles twice in three years after missing zero games his first four years, and then proceeding to never play a full season again.

...also a guy has to want to stay here in order to be kept here.

Worked out pretty well for JJo. 7 winning seasons in 9 years with Houston, went to the playoffs 6 times, won a playoff game 4 different years (including twice against the Bengals), went to 2 Pro Bowls.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was happy for Jjo that he had a great career in Houston. Prior to the Bengals choosing Leon Hall over Jjo, Jjo was the one with the injury history. Hard to see that coming. It is what it is.

Congrats on a great career though!
Reply/Quote
Congratulations on a great career J-Jo! Rock On Was a top Corner for us and played great in Houston as well.

It was time.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 06:34 PM)bengals67 Wrote: As I recall we picked the wrong corner to pay over this man.

Not sure if the decision was ours.  I think Joseph wanted out.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure if the decision was ours.  I think Joseph wanted out.

the other corner was Hall? IF so I agree we paid the wrong guy
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 12:39 PM)kalibengal Wrote: the other corner was Hall? IF so I agree we paid the wrong guy

Hall was an excellent CB.

People forget that Joseph had only played two full seasons in his five years with the Bengals and was coming off a season where he missed 4 games.  His foot/ankle problems went all the way back to college where he missed his entire junior season at South Carolina.

Meanwhile Leon Hall had not missed a single game in 4 years with the Bengals and had led the entire league in passed defended in '08 and finished 3rd in '09.

Joseph might have been a little more talented than Hall, but the difference was not that great the injury history of the two players were like night and day.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2021, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hall was an excellent CB.

People forget that Joseph had only played two full seasons in his five years with the Bengals and was coming off a season where he missed 4 games.  His foot/ankle problems went all the way back to college where he missed his entire junior season at South Carolina.

Meanwhile Leon Hall had not missed a single game in 4 years with the Bengals and had led the entire league in passed defended in '08 and finished 3rd in '09.

Joseph might have been a little more talented than Hall, but the difference was not that great the injury history of the two players were like night and day.

Yeah, both were good and Hall was healthy then. Right call at the time.
Reply/Quote