Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF ranks Bengals Defense units
(06-11-2021, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The secondary is getting a little respect, ranking 15th.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jessie-bates-leads-way-as-bengals-secondary-ranked-in-top-half-of-nfl?fbclid=IwAR0kZ-4tiJpRF0UjWbQV3karvXISbufXQT3fVFf8U245FnY3wWFQblppVsU

I actually think they are top 10 and could be better this year if our DL can actually stop the run and get after the passer.

Amazing they played as well as they did with the terrible DL play last season. Who knows how good they could be with good play
in front of them and Hilton, Awuzie, Waynes, Ricardo Allen and Apple added.
Reply/Quote
Before opening the post, I assumed it would be extremely low. Reader and Ogun are the two most significant pieces of the puzzle to precipitate improvement for the entire defense, much like the foundation of a house. Putting players in a defense without being strong in the trenches is like trying to build a castle in the sky.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 12:04 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Before opening the post, I assumed it would be extremely low.  Reader and Ogun are the two most significant pieces of the puzzle to precipitate improvement for the entire defense, much like the foundation of a house.  Putting players in a defense without being strong in the trenches is like trying to build a castle in the sky.

That is why it is a good approach, the foundation is set along with adding Shelvin and hopefully Wren coming along with his talent.

I also like Tupou if his head is in it. Shelvin and Tupou are 2 monsters, try running through the middle on those guys.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is why it is a good approach, the foundation is set along with adding Shelvin and hopefully Wren coming along with his talent.

I also like Tupou if his head is in it. Shelvin and Tupou are 2 monsters, try running through the middle on those guys.  Mellow

Right on Nate! Would be great to see Shelvin work out, and glad you mentioned Wren…he is obviously a wildcard, but seems to have the most upside (of the returning players sans Reader) if he hits. I know Ogun had a down year in ‘20, but prior to that, he was one of my favorite DTs in the league. I still follow IDP fantasy analysis from when I did some work in it and he was a very good defensive tackle statistically and analytically. He’s also still relatively young for a FA aquisition.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2021, 05:55 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Right on Nate! Would be great to see Shelvin work out, and glad you mentioned Wren…he is obviously a wildcard, but seems to have the most upside (of the returning players sans Reader) if he hits.   I know Ogun had a down year in ‘20, but prior to that, he was one of my favorite DTs in the league.  I still follow IDP fantasy analysis from when I did some work in it and he was a very good defensive tackle statistically and analytically.   He’s also still relatively young for a FA aquisition.

All true brother. 

Ogunjobi was just used wrong last year, he is not a NT, he is a 3-tech like Geno which is where we are going to put him.

LO was just thrust into the NT position cause of injuries, not his fault he ain't a big monster like Shelvin and Tupou.
Reply/Quote