Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones all for himself?
I just read the article in the Cincinnati Enq. about Jones being a free agent. I could be wrong but is anyone else thinking more and more that Jones is all about Jones and not about the team? He talks about how he needs to take care of his family and stuff like that he also talks about how he didn't realize how good of a game HE had had and how the game should have been over with. I agree the game should have been over, but when Hill fumbled the game then wasn't over and he needed to play and finish the game.
  I have been a Jones fan ever since Marvin and Brown saved his career but after his rant after the game and he still as of today hasn't taken any reasonability for his actions.... Ok I'm done please tell me what you think about the article.. Still love my Bengals

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/11/adam-pacman-jones-free-agency/78653408/ 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:46 AM)Dallas Bengal Wrote: I just read the article in the Cincinnati Enq. about Jones being a free agent. I could be wrong but is anyone else thinking more and more that Jones is all about Jones and not about the team? He talks about how he needs to take care of his family and stuff like that he also talks about how he didn't realize how good of a game HE had had and how the game should have been over with. I agree the game should have been over, but when Hill fumbled the game then wasn't over and he needed to play and finish the game.
  I have been a Jones fan ever since Marvin and Brown saved his career but after his rant after the game and he still as of today hasn't taken any reasonability for his actions.... Ok I'm done please tell me what you think about the article.. Still love my Bengals

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/11/adam-pacman-jones-free-agency/78653408/ 

I have 100% no problem with his comments. It is his off season during his contract year. If any time was all about him, his family, and their financial future this is it.

A little known/remembered Adam Jones story:

When Adam Jones was first granted reinstatement off suspension, the Bengals were (if I recall) the only or at least first team to bring him in for a workout. They worked him out and he was in terrible shape. They told him to work on it and come back in a few weeks. He did and the second time he did great so they offered him a 1 year deal at basically the NFL minimum. He not only took the 1 year deal, but actually signed for 2 years at that money. When interviewed and asked why the 2nd year at the minimum, which is unusal as you would think that he only needs 1 good season to show he is worth the $$$$, Adam Jones said that the 2nd year was a thank you to the Brown family and Bengals organization for giving him an honest chance and a fresh start/clean slate.

Adam Jones has done his best, and has come closer to fulfilling his potential than anyone in their right mind, save for some on the Bengals, would have ever given him a chance to do. He has every right to take this time and opportunity to gain back a lot of the financial rewards he lost. He has earned it and we as a fan base should wish him well. He was a great, not just good, but great asset to the Bengals. I hope they can resign him. He certainly is worth as much as Leon Hall and his $10m he just got for the 2015 season.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I have 100% no problem with his comments. It is his off season during his contract year. If any time was all about him, his family, and their financial future this is it.

When Adam Jones was first granted reinstatement off suspension, the Bengals were (if I recall) the only or at least first team to bring him in for a workout. They worked him out and he was in terrible shape. They told him to work on it and come back in a few weeks. He did and the second time he did great so they offered him a 1 year deal at basically the NFL minimum. He not only took the 1 year deal, but actually signed for 2 years at that money. When interviewed and asked why the 2nd year at the minimum, which is unusal as you would think that he only needs 1 good season to show he is worth the $$$$, Adam Jones said that the 2nd year was a thank you to the Brown family and Bengals organization for giving him an honest chance and a fresh start/clean slate.

Adam Jones has done his best, and has come closer to fulfilling his potential than anyone in their right mind, save for some on the Bengals, would have ever given him a chance to do. He has every right to take this time and opportunity to gain back a lot of the financial rewards he lost. He has earned it and we as a fan base should wish him well. He was a great, not just good, but great asset to the Bengals. I hope they can resign him. He certainly is worth as much as Leon Hall and his $10m he just got for the 2015 season.

I do wish him well. That doesn't mean I would be devastated if he moved on. I honestly don't think he knows losing his composure was a problem, and I don't think he will learn from it therefore. Vontaze has shown an ability to stop making headshots and concussing himself, tone down the dirty hits, etc.

It's one thing for fans to only focus on Joey Porter being on the field. We're fans, that happens. Him? No. He needs to say "I lost my cool. I don't have to like that he was on the field, but that doesn't excuse..." Instead, we get nothing but him throwing mixed metaphors and changing his story about Brown from "I don't think he was injured" to "he wasn't injured" to "he winked at me."

I mean, that last part right there? That sounds like the lie you make up as a kid to desperately lend more credibility to a story you shouldn't have said in the first place.
Reply/Quote
Definitely don't think Adam Jones is all about himself. He plays his guts out every play. That's a team player. Will guys who make their living in a world of violence always do or say the right thing in every situation? Maybe not.

If he stands in front of cameras and apologizes for his actions, will that really make you feel better? I doubt it. You may think it will but it won't.

I know you're probably just looking for a way to fell better bout the other night, but there really is no way. Just have to accept it and move on. A lot of things in life don't end well. That's just how it is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:07 PM)McC Wrote: Definitely don't think Adam Jones is all about himself.  He plays his guts out every play.  That's a team player.  Will guys who make their living in a world of violence always do or say the right thing in every situation?  Maybe not.

If he stands in front of cameras and apologizes for his actions, will that really make you feel better?  I doubt it.  You may think it will but it won't.

I know you're probably just looking for a way to fell better bout the other night, but there really is no way.  Just have to accept it and move on.  A lot of things in life don't end well.  That's just how it is.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't do it. It's not about making fans feel better. We're already on the Bengals side. It's about not having a player making fans face palm every time he tweets something absurd or makes accusations. Accusations of Brown faking from a fan? Yeah, that's fine. From a player? That's not a good idea at all and puts a target on his back, just like getting on twitter and dropping f bombs at the refs. Heck, I'd be okay with him not apologizing and just not talking about it at all. Instead, he made some comments that at this point he might honestly believe.
Reply/Quote
Title of this thread is completely misleading. What is he supposed to do. This will be his last chance for a big payday.
Would any of you do anything different?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:11 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: That doesn't mean he shouldn't do it. It's not about making fans feel better. We're already on the Bengals side. It's about not having a player making fans face palm every time he tweets something absurd or makes accusations. Accusations of Brown faking from a fan? Yeah, that's fine. From a player? That's not a good idea at all and puts a target on his back, just like getting on twitter and dropping f bombs at the refs. Heck, I'd be okay with him not apologizing and just not talking about it at all. Instead, he made some comments that at this point he might honestly believe.

If he doesn't believe it, they will be empty words and I fail to see how empty words would make anyone feel better.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:46 AM)Dallas Bengal Wrote: I just read the article in the Cincinnati Enq. about Jones being a free agent. I could be wrong but is anyone else thinking more and more that Jones is all about Jones and not about the team? He talks about how he needs to take care of his family and stuff like that he also talks about how he didn't realize how good of a game HE had had and how the game should have been over with. I agree the game should have been over, but when Hill fumbled the game then wasn't over and he needed to play and finish the game.

Complete utter BS! Are YOU not all about your family? Do YOU not want the best deal you can make for you family at you job? Jones has been great all year and played his ass off for this team. As for the piling on, this was what, his first or his second UC flag this year? Hardly an everyday occurence. Sure he's trying to sell himself and he did have a monster game, and he's looking at possibly his last contract to set his family up. Why knock a guy for that? Gimme a friggin break.....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:13 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Title of this thread is completely misleading. What is he supposed to do. This will be his last chance for a big payday.
Would any of you do anything different?

Sorry I didn't intend to it to be misleading... I love watching him play and he has played at a very high level. I just want him to man up and admit that he lost his cool and apologize to his team mates instead of walking out of the locker-room and posting a f bomb childish rant. Jeremy Hill stood at his locker and addressed the media. He should have just walked away from Porter. Instead I feel like he is justifying it by saying things like I had a good game, only gave up one catch so the incident that happened at the end of the game shouldn't mean anything.  He was acting like a leader when he went and got Nelson off the Steelers side line when that all happened and he should have been a leader and done the same at the end of the game... I agree with him that the game should have been over but the fact is it wasn't and we needed to finish the game.
Reply/Quote
Given his past, his age, his performance, his FA status and NOW all the negative publicity he's gotten, everything is coming to a head for him. This is his one chance.

I'm sorry, but I never blame a football player trying to get every dime he can.

Imagine Pacman broke and without the ability to play? Probably not a good scenario.
Reply/Quote
He's passionate, fiery and a hell of a ball player. His great plays outnumber the boneheaded ones. This is going to be his last major contract that he signs so he should make it count. He should be paid like a top corner in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:31 PM)Dallas Bengal Wrote: Sorry I didn't intend to it to be misleading... I love watching him play and he has played at a very high level. I just want him to man up and admit that he lost his cool and apologize to his team mates instead of walking out of the locker-room and posting a f bomb childish rant. Jeremy Hill stood at his locker and addressed the media. He should have just walked away from Porter. Instead I feel like he is justifying it by saying things like I had a good game, only gave up one catch so the incident that happened at the end of the game shouldn't mean anything.  He was acting like a leader when he went and got Nelson off the Steelers side line when that all happened and he should have been a leader and done the same at the end of the game... I agree with him that the game should have been over but the fact is it wasn't and we needed to finish the game.

I think that after the Bernard hit and lack of flag, they were all beside themselves with rage and quite frankly I'm surprised any of them held it together...... frankly, I wish he had knocked Porter's teeth down his throat.....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think that after the Bernard hit and lack of flag, they were all beside themselves with rage and quite frankly I'm surprised any of them held it together...... frankly, I wish he had knocked Porter's teeth down his throat.....

^ THIS x 100000000000
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:03 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I have 100% no problem with his comments. It is his off season during his contract year. If any time was all about him, his family, and their financial future this is it.

He has reformed but still has issues especially on the field.. at 32  with the issues and the payday he is going to want, I would let him go and draft a DB and pick up someone in FA or see if Hall will restructure his contract and bring him back
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:46 AM)Dallas Bengal Wrote: I just read the article in the Cincinnati Enq. about Jones being a free agent. I could be wrong but is anyone else thinking more and more that Jones is all about Jones and not about the team? He talks about how he needs to take care of his family and stuff like that he also talks about how he didn't realize how good of a game HE had had and how the game should have been over with. I agree the game should have been over, but when Hill fumbled the game then wasn't over and he needed to play and finish the game.

because he didnt do anything wrong he was yelling at refs because they were blowing the call on the field. and he was right.

Jones is still paying that law suit. so most of the money he makes he doesnt get to keep so i cant blame him for seeking as big pay day as he can get.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: because he didnt do anything wrong he was yelling at refs because they were blowing the call on the field. and he was right.

Jones is still paying that law suit. so most of the money he makes he doesnt get to keep so i cant blame him for seeking as big pay day as he can get.

Yelling at =/= pushing.

As for seeking a payday, there's nothing wrong with that at all, every player does.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:29 PM)Gwillednt Wrote: Yelling at =/= pushing.

As for seeking a payday, there's nothing wrong with that at all, every player does.

i saw portor grab and push burfict i didnt see jones touching anyone
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i saw portor grab and push burfict i didnt see jones touching anyone

The flag was for pushing an official. Someone here said he may have been trying to push porter and got the official instead.
Reply/Quote
I'm at work right now.

Not because I'm in it for the team.

It's because I get paid. So that I can support my family.

I will work hard to impress my bosses because I want to impress them so that they'll give me more responsibilities, which will lead to more money. So that I can support my family.

The worst guy in the office is the guy who thinks this is a problem.

Don't be that guy.
Reply/Quote
Adam will be back
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote