Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones all for himself?
(01-12-2016, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think that after the Bernard hit and lack of flag, they were all beside themselves with rage and quite frankly I'm surprised any of them held it together...... frankly, I wish he had knocked Porter's teeth down his throat.....

Anyone who has ever played sports has had a bad call go against him.If every players lost his head and acted like a child over it then the games would be nothing but brawls.

Pacman is a punk.  He played well for us this year, but I won't mind if he leaves.  Did you see the video where he got into a confrontation with a girl at a bar.  he had a buddy (teammate?) with him who tried to hold him back instead of getting in her face.  That told me all I need to know about Pacman.  He is a thug and he is not going to change.
Reply/Quote
You know what team is desperate for help at CB and likes thugs?

The Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: because he didnt do anything wrong he was yelling at refs because they were blowing the call on the field. and he was right.

Jones is still paying that law suit. so most of the money he makes he doesnt get to keep so i cant blame him for seeking as big pay day as he can get.

You might want to do some research on that.  I have read, multiple times, that he has paid basically nothing towards the judgements against him.  I don't blame him for maxing out his contracts, but I don't think making restitution is high on his list of priorities.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:38 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You might want to do some research on that.  I have read, multiple times, that he has paid basically nothing towards the judgements against him.  I don't blame him for maxing out his contracts, but I don't think making restitution is high on his list of priorities.

I really doubt that's true because all they would have to do is have the court garnish his wages....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who has ever played sports has had a bad call go against him.If every players lost his head and acted like a child over it then the games would be nothing but brawls.

And when you just see you friend knocked out with an illegal hit and the ref says they are not going to do anything about it it's a different story than just having a call go against you....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really doubt that's true because all they would have to do is have the court garnish his wages....

There was a giant debate last year on the old board with a number of different links all saying he has paid practically nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:10 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: There was a giant debate last year on the old board with a number of different links all saying he has paid practically nothing.

Still don't believe it. If he owed me millions, I would sure have a garnishment put on him. If the victim hasn't done that, then that's on them....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Still don't believe it. If he owed me millions, I would sure have a garnishment put on him. If the victim hasn't done that, then that's on them....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/adam-jones-sued-in-ohio-for-unpaid-las-vegas-judgment/
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And when you just see you friend knocked out with an illegal hit and the ref says they are not going to do anything about it it's a different story than just having a call go against you....

Still have to stay under control.  Stupidity doesn't help anything.

I am sure Gio would have preferred he kept his head and won the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Still have to stay under control.  Stupidity doesn't help anything.

I am sure Gio would have preferred he kept his head and won the game.

Well we all would have, but I am not going to crucify him for losing it, I probably would have as well....like I said though, if he was going to get a penalty I just wish he would have smashed Porters face in....
Reply/Quote
Sign him immediately. You are all for yourself. If youre not trying to sign jones, you are not in the best interest in the team. The guy has an upside as well its not like he gets flagged every drive.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 12:07 PM)McC Wrote: Definitely don't think Adam Jones is all about himself.  He plays his guts out every play.  That's a team player.  Will guys who make their living in a world of violence always do or say the right thing in every situation?  Maybe not.

If he stands in front of cameras and apologizes for his actions, will that really make you feel better?  I doubt it.  You may think it will but it won't.

I know you're probably just looking for a way to fell better bout the other night, but there really is no way.  Just have to accept it and move on.  A lot of things in life don't end well.  That's just how it is.

Team players also take responsibility.. I would say his actions since the game, he has not shown that... team players also don;t usually call out other players unless it is behind closed doors etc..   he plays with heart and passion but so does Whitworth and Gio and Sanu etc... and they don;t or need to have the antics that Jones does...

In the end it is about money.. Bengals got Jones for cheap and he did a good job for them.. but now at 32 with a big contract looking at him and many other younger FA's ,, I would say Bengals will pass and use the money for younger players on the team 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a show pony, with passion, which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
I'd like to see him come back. He's our best corner, and will be next year if not injured.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 10:46 AM)Dallas Bengal Wrote: I just read the article in the Cincinnati Enq. about Jones being a free agent. I could be wrong but is anyone else thinking more and more that Jones is all about Jones and not about the team? He talks about how he needs to take care of his family and stuff like that he also talks about how he didn't realize how good of a game HE had had and how the game should have been over with. I agree the game should have been over, but when Hill fumbled the game then wasn't over and he needed to play and finish the game.
  I have been a Jones fan ever since Marvin and Brown saved his career but after his rant after the game and he still as of today hasn't taken any reasonability for his actions.... Ok I'm done please tell me what you think about the article.. Still love my Bengals

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/11/adam-pacman-jones-free-agency/78653408/ 

He's saying exactly what his agent told him to say. The end of the Steelers game will make him an automatic "don't sign" by a lot of teams. If Mikey B offers a fair deal for our best corner then he'll stay. If we low ball him, he'll go. Zimmer might be interested with Newman getting up there in age.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Lets bring him back and whoop the Steelers next year. I'm embracing the bad guy role! Tiger

It's us against the world anyways.
Reply/Quote