Leon Hall
18.64%
11 18.64%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones or Hall?
Who gets extended. We can't (I doubt) keep both (and may not be able to keep either). Hall looks like he's bounced back so it won't be an easy decision come this offseason. If you were the GM who do you try to keep?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who gets extended. We can't (I doubt) keep both (and may not be able to keep either). Hall looks like he's bounced back so it won't be an easy decision come this offseason. If you were the GM who do you try to keep?

[Image: th?id=OIP.Maf034adf1b9d252d30991b89f4772...=300&h=300]

Special teams threat and overall durability. Just sayin'.
Reply/Quote
I love Leon but with his injury history and decline in play combined with Adam Jones who's playing really well we gotta keep Pacman
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I voted for Adam Jones. He's been a heck of a player for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I went with Hall; two years younger and has already proven he can adjust to the slot.  I feel like Jones, who makes alot of his splash plays by taking risks and relying on his speed, will start to decline as the season/years go on.  Eventually the legs start to go and I think leon will adjust better to not having the speed anymore.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Adam off of their current play, but I'm not sold that we can't keep both. Hall, moving to safety might add years to his career and would also lower his price tag. It will come down to the money both are seeking as I don't see either of them as a starter next season with the improved play of Dre, and the emerging Dennard.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Why not both, really? Neither of them are going to be massively expensive on their next deal. If only one, I'd prefer Leon Hall.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Pay them peanuts to stay and draft another 1st round corner. Pick up a veteran CB for depth if they don't stay for peanuts.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 02:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why not both, really?  Neither of them are going to be massively expensive on their next deal.  If only one, I'd prefer Leon Hall.

Agreed.  I think Adam Jones feels comfortable and indebted to the organization, therefore willing to work a satisfactory deal.  Same with Leon but for different reasons, he is more of a family guy (I think) so I could see him settling in and not disrupting the family.

Just my thoughts....but why not both?
Reply/Quote
If I could only keep one and the decision had to made now, it would be Adam Jones. A better player and seems more durable.
Reply/Quote
You have to remember that Adam Jones also missed a LOT of time, both in college and in the NFL. He also seems more durable and has actually gotten better, while Hall has been hurt and has dropped off. Obviously price matters, but IMO, Jones does more overall on the field.
Reply/Quote
I'd love to keep both of them, but Marvin Jones has to be considered important.

Reply/Quote
We should be able to keep both around. Hall isn't going to demand his current price and Jones isn't going to break the bank either. I'm far more concerned that we don't end up re-signing Iloka but that's an entirely different conversation.

Hall & Jones should both be Bengals for another 2+ years each.
Reply/Quote
Hall's tackling has been atrocious.
Reply/Quote
Jones. Despite being two years older, he's been playing at a much higher level.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Really tough call. Hall is a few years younger, but Hall also has had several surgeries that may end up shortening his career.

Hall is a great slot corner, Jones is a great outside corner and return man.

I would say Hall, because we have Dennard who can play outside just fine. But we'd sure miss the return potential of Jones.

I think ultimately, it is too early to tell. If Hall continues his resurgence, which I think has been pretty incredible, then I would lean towards him. Pacman is reformed, but he still may be one drunken punch away from a permanent ban. The Goodell Remembers.
Reply/Quote
Depends on price.

Jones will get looks as a starter.
Hall will not.

Regardless, both are leadership figures that I want to keep. I see no reasons the Bengals can't budget for both if they believe both can still continue their current level of play.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who gets extended. We can't (I doubt) keep both (and may not be able to keep either). Hall looks like he's bounced back so it won't be an easy decision come this offseason. If you were the GM who do you try to keep?

it might be possible to keep both.. hall isnt gonna command a 9/mil; a year contract going forward.. .So we could possible retain both for halls current price tag next year.

Although Adam probly needs a raise.

I like them both.. For their play as a CB id give the edge to Adam Jones at the moment.

If they are planning on keeping hall for a saftey and move on from nelson. it makes the choice harder.

even with dennard waiting you can never have enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 03:10 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Hall's tackling has been atrocious.

What?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hall's only major whiff was letting Steve Smith break free Sunday.

Other than that, I'm hard-pressed to say almost everyone has struggled tackling. It has been probably the sole reason the defense has been gashed a few times.
Reply/Quote