Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Marvin ever learn clock management
(09-30-2015, 05:14 PM)McC Wrote: My best guess would be because we don't. 

Add those 3 we didn't get on 4th down and the fourth quarter has a different feel, no?

Add the other 3 or even 7 we chose not to pursue right before halftime and it feels a lot different.

Two things Marvin is prone to do that are no no's--take a timeout or two into the locker room at the half when you could have used it or them to go after points before halftime and play the end of the first half with no timeouts because a couple of them were used in the first qrtr.

Which is our head coaches personality.
It's cool. We have the lead. We can just grind it out. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 07:15 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: This is an area I would like to see Dalton take control of (managing time outs, in the two minute drill). Marvin obviously isn't good at it. Dalton should take it upon himself.

Good point Stripes!  Peyton Manning and Tom Brady wave the coaches off all the time.   The only thing I would say is Andy seems to have a hard time getting the play off on time so maybe it is too hard for him.  I mean , a delay of game after a time out?  But that is just nitpicking. Who Dey!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Just a slight gripe but our 2 minute offense seems non existent this year
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:22 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Just a slight gripe but our 2 minute offense seems non existent this year

Marvin is kind of old fashioned... no check that, Marvin is downright old school when  it comes to the end of the half. If he has as much confidence in Andy that he says he should let him try for points especially given the kind of field position we had at the end of the half. That was irritating
Reply/Quote
Regardless what people think, Marvin is a better football coach than anyone on this board and the majority of NFL coaches.

Marvin is a teacher. I watched at the end of the half last week, he could have called a T.O. earlier, but how does that improve the communication between Hue and Andy or motivate Andy to get the O set earlier?

Folks here state he "plays not to lose", but that is just silly. I've seen him take many chances, some of which have come back to bite him.

I haven't heard anyone else outside of this message board speak to Marvin's poor clock management.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 02:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If we're playing very well against a team for an entire half of football, what makes people think that all of a sudden before the end of the half we're going to start handing the ball over and stopping the momentum?

As I have already explained, when you go into hurry up mode the percentage of interceptions rises.  Also, when a defense does not have to defend against the run the percentage of interceptions increases.

Also, since we had only scored on two drives in the first half what makes people think that we can automatically score at the end of the half.  Shouldn't you all be complaining that marvin was stupid because we did not score on every other drive in the first half?
Reply/Quote