Leon Hall
18.64%
11 18.64%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones or Hall?
Neither both are old and we have already drafted thier replacements.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 02:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why not both, really?  Neither of them are going to be massively expensive on their next deal.  If only one, I'd prefer Leon Hall.

Yup.

Unless we're anticipating drafting a corner high, there's no reason both of them can't be signed to decent 2-3 year contracts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We could keep both, but I'd rather keep both safety's (and we can't keep everyone can we?). Only because we have prepared to lose our aging Cb's a little better than we've prepared to lose our starting safety's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Can easily keep both and Iloka.

Iloka bet on himself this year.

Still think the FO way with contracts will be able to satisfy all 3.

Unless Iloka is chasing Big money..... Cheaper team friendly deals are most likely in the future for Nelson/Hall/Jones
Reply/Quote
I believe it comes down to how Dennard progresses. If he shows that he can play outside well enough, then I'd hang onto Hall. If Dennard looks limited and can only play slot, then re-sign Pacman.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 04:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I believe it comes down to how Dennard progresses. If he shows that he can play outside well enough, then I'd hang onto Hall. If Dennard looks limited and can only play slot, then re-sign Pacman.

Adam brings a fire to this team that I'm not ready to give up yet.   And he's playing well.  And the returns speak for themselves.

And Leon gives you snaps in the slot and at S.  I agree with anyone who says we should be able to keep both.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 02:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I voted for Adam off of their current play, but I'm not sold that we can't keep both. Hall, moving to safety might add years to his career and would also lower his price tag. It will come down to the money both are seeking as I don't see either of them as a starter next season with the improved play of Dre, and the emerging Dennard.

What Murdock said, neither should be spendy with their ages so why not keep both as our backups and Adam as
purely a Returner once Dre and Dennard become the starters? This sounds like the way to go but if i had to pick
one it would be Adam off of his current play and ability to contribute on ST's.

Hall's injury history negates the age difference as well IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 01:57 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I went with Hall; two years younger and has already proven he can adjust to the slot.  I feel like Jones, who makes alot of his splash plays by taking risks and relying on his speed, will start to decline as the season/years go on.  Eventually the legs start to go and I think leon will adjust better to not having the speed anymore.

Jones was out of the league for a time, so he has less wear-and-tear.

I also think Jones offers more in man-coverage and is still better able to keep up with receivers (even if Hall is in the slot or at safety), plus I think Jones just offers more energy and ability to still make plays.

I also like Adam's return abilities as a reason to keep him.  

I'd love to keep both, though, and I see no reason why we can't because not like other teams will throw big money at either of them.
Reply/Quote
Each DB is a case by case basis as the youngsters (Dre, Dennard, S.Williams) still have some work to do. Not that this would make the vets obsolete, but Cincy could take a harder stance if so. Jones isn't showing signs of stopping but will he demand serious money in a stable corner starved league? Hall is hard to figure as I don't know if they'd pony up for a nickle type. Even if it's considered basically a starter position, maybe Shaw is up to speed by then. Don't rule out Nelson getting a solid deal from a desperate team and Cincy asking Hall back for not just the nickle but the safety rotation also.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Jones, but it was a hard decision. We should be able to keep both, though.
Both are playing lights out this year.

Reply/Quote
Agree with Cupcakes that neither should be expensive. In fact, Hall should be due for a massive decrease in pay (he's making 9+ million this year, which is ridiculous).

That said, I wouldn't mind letting Hall walk so Dennard can finally man the slot.

For the poll, I voted Ms. Pacman.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think we'll be able to keep Leon for cheap. He's a pretty loyal player. If Adam Jones gets a nice offer, I'm not sure we can match it--especially considering we have two first rounders that can play outside. I think Pacman has earned a nice payday with his play the last few years, and Leon stays for a team friendly deal as our slot guy. Shaw will be our 4th corner next year.
Reply/Quote
Leon, easily. Can't believe this is even a question.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 03:10 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Hall's tackling has been atrocious.

I'd say the same if I didnt watch the games either
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 03:10 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Hall's tackling has been atrocious.

Overall it has not he has made more plays than not
Reply/Quote
You've got to think Zimmer's got an eye on some of these free agents we hope to re-sign for cheap.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 02:42 AM)Element Wrote: I'd say the same if I didnt watch the games either

If anything it has been Reggie that has not been tackling well lately.

Hall had one play last Sunday where he missed a tackle, one play.

That was another good thing in bringing in Shawn Williams, he tackled well.

I liked George taking himself out for the betterment of the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 04:12 PM)J24 Wrote: Neither both are old and we have already drafted thier replacements.

[Image: Facepalm.gif]
Reply/Quote