Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones practicing/Eifert not
Even though today is basically a walk through having Adam out there is a good sign. Tyler Kroft was with 1st team at TE. Iloka may end up being a bigger issue for the secondary.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: Even though today is basically a walk through having Adam out there is a good sign.  Tyler Kroft was with 1st team at TE.  Iloka may end up being a bigger issue for the secondary.

I think we should be fine with Shaw backing up Adam and CLH might be able to go as well.

Hewitt and Kroft should soften the Eifert loss, Hewitt does whatever is asked of him, great player and teammate.

Iloka is limited but Shawn has done a good job when called upon.
Reply/Quote
We beat the Browns 30 to 0 last season without Eifert last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it's nothing serious with the injuries (although you never know). We'll need all hands on deck against the Steelers. The coaching staff may be willing to risk being shorthanded against the Browns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Without Eifert redzone production will surely drop. Then again, maybe we will just punch it in with Hill.

Eifert has been injury prone in his career, so it will be good to know what the offense looks like without him.

I think Hewitt is a hell of a player.. so I'm ok with this.
Reply/Quote
Eifert officially listed as doubtful. Looks like we go without him Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I think we can handle the Clowns without him.   Wink

Besides rather have him rested for the Squeelers than risk him against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 04:01 PM)Brandon00151 Wrote: I think we can handle the Clowns without him.   Wink

Besides rather have him rested for the Squeelers than risk him against the Browns.

Plus i doubt he forgets how to catch TDs after 1 week off... lol. We should be fine maybe Sanu and M Jones can have decent days.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 03:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Without Eifert redzone production will surely drop. Then again, maybe we will just punch it in with Hill.

Eifert has been injury prone in his career, so it will be good to know what the offense looks like without him.

Other than last year's fluky injury, Eifert has missed 3 games in 2 seasons. He had a pretty healthy career at ND. I think it's a bit early to slap him with the injury-prone label. Heck, I bet he'd be going if this were a key game, but it's not.

I am interested in seeing Kroft though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Other than last year's fluky injury, Eifert has missed 3 games in 2 seasons. He had a pretty healthy career at ND. I think it's a bit early to slap him with the injury-prone label. Heck, I bet he'd be going if this were a key game, but it's not.

Last years "fluke" injury was actually two different injuries.  He ended up having surgeries on both his shoulder and elbow.

But I still agree that it is a little early to label him "injury prone".

If he ends up missing a major portion of the season it is a concern.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 03:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Without Eifert redzone production will surely drop. Then again, maybe we will just punch it in with Hill.

Yeah, I was just thinking this could be a game where Hewitt gets a real chance to shine.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we should be fine with Shaw backing up Adam and CLH might be able to go as well.

Hewitt and Kroft should soften the Eifert loss, Hewitt does whatever is asked of him, great player and teammate.

Iloka is limited but Shawn has done a good job when called upon.

This, this, this, and this:  I want to see Burkhead get more snaps as slot receiver and third down back.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 01:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Other than last year's fluky injury, Eifert has missed 3 games in 2 seasons. He had a pretty healthy career at ND. I think it's a bit early to slap him with the injury-prone label. Heck, I bet he'd be going if this were a key game, but it's not.

Right, at this point, and considering where we're at give Eifert the game off and give Kroft and Hewitt some snaps.

(12-05-2015, 03:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This, this, this, and this:  I want to see Burkhead get more snaps as slot receiver and third down back.  

I'd love to see Burkhead get some work in.
Reply/Quote
This is the right game to let people rest and get healthy. Cleveland is in chaos with a QB that is really a third stringer. The team has enough players to fill the voids to get the others some needed rest.

This won't be a close game anyhow.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 04:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right, at this point, and considering where we're at give Eifert the game off and give Kroft and Hewitt some snaps.

I'd love to see Burkhead get some work in.

People will say things like "man crush" (and to be clear, my man-crush will always be Kurt Warner), but Burkhead is great in space, has great hands, and is an ideal "high %" play....where the risk is low and the payoff is high. 

He fumbled on the hit he didn't see coming at the Seahawks game and that play turned in to a TD for Seattle.  If we never gave the ball to guys that made a mistake, there would be a lot of guys not seeing many balls....that sounds weird, but you know what I meant.   Confused

Rex runs such great routes and is a great outlet receiver.  I would really love to see him become a part of the game plan.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 12:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:   If we never gave the ball to guys that made a mistake, there would be a lot of guys not seeing many balls....that sounds weird, but you know what I meant.   Confused

AJ Green, Giovanni Bernard and Jeremy Hill would be three of them.... they've all had the fumbles. Bernards fumble is why Eifert is hurt...
Reply/Quote

Me too. Although I will say that with Eifert (if he is out tomorrow) having missed 18 out of a possible 46 games concerns do start to rise about his durability.
Reply/Quote
Not bashing Burkehead, but he is not as good a slot receiver as Sanu. And he is not as elusive out of the backfield as Gio. So unless someone gets injured I really don't want to see him on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not bashing Burkehead, but he is not as good a slot receiver as Sanu.  And he is not as elusive out of the backfield as Gio.  So unless someone gets injured I really don't want to see him on the field.

Can't disagree with that.

RB3's are RB3's for a reason.
Reply/Quote

Because AJ can't get a jump ball?

He has scored a ton of them without Eifert being on the field...
Reply/Quote